The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Inferno? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
I have a friend who warned me against buying 'Inferno', he told mr the quailty was not good. The second time he used it part of it melted it leaving a trail of melted plastic on his arm, dangerous. Has this happend to anyone with Jim Paces one, if not I will probably purchase it. Smile
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
magicman357
View Profile
New user
Miami
6 Posts

Profile of magicman357
Quote:
On 2002-03-22 21:48, lesterkirad wrote:
Does anyone know why inferno isn't being produced anymore? I know that it isn't the original, but I was still curious what happened with it. It also appears that inviso torch is in a temporary halt of production. I can't find it anywhere in stock.

If you still are looking for one contact
B.A.M. By Magicman, Inc.
at magic357@bellsouth.net
he has them in stock.
The art is in..... Astonishment!
magicman357
View Profile
New user
Miami
6 Posts

Profile of magicman357
Quote:
On 2002-05-08 14:07, hackmonkey wrote:
I have a friend who warned me against buying 'Inferno', he told mr the quailty was not good. The second time he used it part of it melted it leaving a trail of melted plastic on his arm, dangerous. Has this happend to anyone with Jim Paces one, if not I will probably purchase it. Smile

This could happen with all fire related items
The problem that many people have with this
item is that they think that they have to show
the flame for a long time. Not true, the effect is flame from impossible places and does not need to be over done or repeated over and over. It is very difficult to help not over doing it because of people's reaction and the fact that it is so d**m cool.
B.A.M. By Magicman, Inc. has them in stock
e-mail him at magic357@bellsouth.net
magicman357
View Profile
New user
Miami
6 Posts

Profile of magicman357
Quote:
On 2002-05-07 07:16, M.P.D. wrote:
i use this gimmick to blow a fire ball for bartending... i met jim and he's a really good guy and a great magician... i have to say that i don't much like the gimmick because it breaks very quick and it sometimes doesn't go out which can lead to a very dangerous situation. Smile

I think that you are not pulling on the tubbing far enough to allow the snap back to
put out the flame. Inviso torch with a slight modification to the ignitor is always attached where ever I go and in 5 years of using it the only problem I have come across is that the tube sometimes get a leak. If this happens, replace its b/c. This could possibly cause a disaster.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Quote:
On 2002-05-06 18:47, Corey K wrote:
Let me make something straight with Inviso-Torch and Inferno...

Inferno and Inviso-Torch are not identical. In fact, Steve Sheraton, the CEO of Hottrix (makers of INFERNO), stated in I believe Magic Magazine the various differences between the two items.

-Corey
Corey,

For the record, I personally, at least, said they were "practically identical." And I stand by that. They are awfully close!

Sure, Steve is going to tell you all the differences (although I don't agree that some of them are differences at all)! He doesn't want to look like he copied Jim's item. But in fcat, he did, and made TINY changes to it. The fact is, this was Jim Pace's creation, and all Hottrix did was look at it and say, "We can do that, if we just make a couple of minor changes." They put almost no original thought into it (just as their nesting thimbles are almost exact duplicates of those already made by Vernet and Royal--there's a whole other topic for discussion!)

Bottom line: If Inviso-torch hadn't been created, Inferno wouldn't have, they are, as I said, virtually identical, Jim's is cheaper, and he is the originator, who rightfully deserves the income from his invention. End of story.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
afoi
View Profile
Regular user
malaysia
142 Posts

Profile of afoi
Hi I'm interested to buy an inferno with the tube still intact and usable. Kindly contact me in Facebook

charlston lau

Cheers
- a f o i -
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Inferno? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL