The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Witches Almanac (Outlaw Effects) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..14~15~16 [Next]
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I am eagerly awaiting my Almanac, Scorpion, and Relic. I can't wait! Outlaw Effects is going to make me have a very Merry Christmas!

Chad
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
GOODY GOODY GOODY, RICK!!! We'll get our FREE MABEL CARD!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Sorry about that link. I was in a hurry earlier, didn't see what came up until now. Just got back.
Here it is. http://www.schuelers.com/chaos/chaos7.htm

Thanks for the "headsup". lol Smile
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2007-12-06 15:33, Roth wrote:
I'll be releasing the "Carny Tarot" shortly. The same cards as the Witch cards.It will be the 22 major Arcana.
These cards are hand aged, they are one way and m***ed.

Say - while you are planning that - consider an extentsion pack or gimmicked cards like the Midieval tarot wouldja....

Buy buy buy
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Carny Tarot! Love it. Put me down for a set.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2137 Posts

Profile of gabelson
It's driving me crazy! I got a sneak-peek two weeks before Witch's was published... and I don't have one yet! To Jon and all those waiting- sit tight- it's WELL worth it. Rick is turning them over as fast as possible. Hey, I'm in the acknowledgments, and I don't even have one of my own, as he's prioritizing all of you guys, first. Dam* you, Rick!
JonWhite
View Profile
Loyal user
London
284 Posts

Profile of JonWhite
No worries.

The kitten's safe (for now). Smile
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Dr. Spektor wrote (among other excellent suggestions):

"Tip: The images can be used for free association that ties into the reading

Tip: The poetry can also be used to tie into relationship issues and various struggles in life"

What is so wonderful about both of these tips is that they fall into the realm of
mind reading possible with The Witches' Almanac that can be done long distance.

For example, you can give someone an Almanac owner's phone number (Rick has volunteered to be available for this service 24/7 Smile), leave the room and the guest could call the mage and he or she could perform, without any restriction, the above presentations. Or you could simply be resting comfortably on the other side of the room, nowhere near the WA, and do it yourself.

And Dr. Spektor points out the many, many levels at which the WA can be used. Can't wait to see your stuff on the forum Doctor!
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
I had to share this with you all almanac owners...Today while out I decided to take my book with me to do some readings..Our town has a Wiccan book store,he,he,..yes I took it with me and I infact showed the owner my copy I have had in my family for generations I told her...She was very impressed with the book..And then yep,you know it...I did the reading on her,wow was she freaking impressed,not to mention all the customers in the store also..I mean she was floored...I honestly was offered 200 bucks after the reading, for the book.....I said ,say what..........lol...No way...never..but I will come again and do some more readings ..she happily accepted..Roth,You have created a wonderfull product....words can't decribe the reactions I have been having with the book...hope you all enjoyed my day at the bookstore!....
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Rick, I love that! I've been thinking about taking the Almanac to a nearby New Age store that carries tons of stuff related to tarot and Wicca. Now I'm really motivated.
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
Well I was worried at first...thought they would say get the **** out of here..but to my suprise...I was welcomed with open arms..just beware..you might get a offer to have your book bought..lol..I know ..just never sell it! on a side note to all owners,I did something cool with my book..since it was aged old so well I thought why not have a smell to it also..I got some incense matches..lit about 10 at one time..in a ashtray, then I put the book over the ashtray with the inside to the smoke.. So every page they flip they will smell it,a nice touch...The smell has lasted over 3 weeks now for me since I smoked the book.. Last week when I was doing a reading,One guy said man..this book smells like death...I just think this with the fact the pages look so old makes a nice conversation piece in itself...enjoy.....
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
You better not sell that book, dude! Oh, and save some of those matches for mine. Heh, heh, heh.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
452 Posts

Profile of Rick
Got a pack waiting for ya Mark..........
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Witches Almanac has already begun to bring various elements and dimensions of mentalism and psychic entertainment together in a very unique and creative application. This is definitely a new pioneering effort in the field (of mystery/psychological performing arts). I expect to see wonderfully in depth developments and presentations on this, from some of the truly great names among us in the future.

John
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Plus, the book itself is creepy enough that some people get the willies just readig the cover Smile

The nice thing about the backstory is that it really can be molded into a tale of mystery in that EVEN IF YOU DON'T USE ITS POWERS (i.e. effects) it is a beautiful focus for storytelling... I've had a few people to freaked out to even try touching the cards or the book after I get really going... and the one who does just helps freak everyone else out more.

Yeah, Outlaw is tops in innovation.

Oh, while you are considering making a Carny Tarot, can I add to the wishlist a Outlaw glorpy / Devil's Hank / something cool that can act as a "mat" to frame objects for the readings... that can also have worked into it all sorts of cues as well Smile

Oh, you could also have some charm pendulums made (PK or not)... although the RELIC is a nice thing to use in conjunction... imagine the reading resulting in the pendulum's material being chosen at "random" by the spec... ho ho... BOR sales?!?!?
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1421 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Hey Doc, consider seriously tying in the Relic back story with Witches Alamanac. While doing the readings with the Almanac. The spec can be holding the Relic in one of their hands. After, then you can revert back to why they are holding the Relic.
John
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
The relic also ties into classic things like finance, journies, imagination/expectations, plus has some #s on on side that can also be used....

Bt I won't be giving THAT out as a memento Smile

Now, one can also tie into the SCORPION as well as there are 5 tarot cards provided with WA.... think about it....

Yep, one day I'm going to put all the OUTLAW stuff together into an act.
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
I've just checked out the description of the almanac - It looks absolutely awesome, I own Homicide UK and I'm really looking forward to now getting hold of a copy of this!

The huge thing is that it's great to come across a really well set out collection of props which look so great and play out even better!

Cheers Roth!

D.
The EPIC 5 hour billet masterclass is now LIVE!
http://the1914.com
Overdraft | Orphic | Shadow | Eclipse | The Art Of Stagecraft & Many more exclusive magic & mentalism products.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2007-11-19 22:50, Bill Cushman wrote:
Let's not forget Nightmare Alley!

If you own or perhaps are waiting to own the exceedingly brilliant Witches Almanac...Bill's tip above is real treasure in additional back story and theme.
Most of you have more than likely seen the film but if any of you have let it escape...OWN IT.

Yeah Yeah...so Bill informed me..."Every few years it gets mentioned as THE film all mentalists must see and then it fades back into obscurity. I guess with the Almanac it's time has come again! "

It's time has come.

The Great Stanton surely had the Almanac, misused it and acquired a taste for raw chicken.

http://www.amazon.com/Nightmare-Alley-Fo......3&sr=8-1

The Witches Almanac is treading close to real magic folks. It has me chanting a spell over and over in my wooden head Smile
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Witches Almanac (Outlaw Effects) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL