The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Looking for some egg magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scaevola
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of scaevola
Does anyone know where I could find multiplying eggs? Jean Hugard in "Hugard's Magic Manual" describes eggs that multiply like Excelsior billiard balls.

In the same vein, does anyone know where I can find collapsible rubber eggs for doing eggs from mouth, as described by Downs in "art of magic"?

How about a master hat from Tarbells course that Thurston and Devant would have used for egg production?

Any information is greatly appreciated. I guess you have figured out by now that I want to make a large number of eggs appear.
Faulkner
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
249 Posts

Profile of Faulkner
If I remember correct Fakini sells a set of manipulation eggs (there is something wrong with just saying that)
DoveLover
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of DoveLover
Fakini - Multiplying Eggs:
http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=6546

Sponge Egg:
http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1644
Sponge Egg (1):
http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=2418

I brought them one year ago, which are almost totally new now. If you are interested in, please PM me.
DoveLover
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
The Fakini multiplying eggs would also get my vote. You get a good grip with it.
scaevola
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of scaevola
Thank you very much for the advice!

I will let you know how my practices turn out.

Hugard mentions a method for making performance eggs from real eggs by gluing paper on them. Has anyone tried this? I haven't been having much luck getting the surface of my eggs to look like real eggs.
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
You can find them from Stevens Magic Emporium. http://www.stevensmagic.com

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20498 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
My favorites are:

Sucker silk to egg

Walk-around silk to egg (my version, of course!)

Chinese Egg Bag

Regular Egg bags

Weller Egg (From paper)

(Read Tarbell. It is loaded!)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
Are you interested in only multiplying eggs or anything else?

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Certain tricks can be done with "blown" eggs.
scaevola
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of scaevola
I am trying to develop an egg multiplication trick where I produce an absurdly large number of "eggs." I might go with the Fakini set for the finger manipulation

but

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good source of prop eggs for the produced eggs? if anyone used blown eggs and if they re-enforced them?
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
You really want to check out Ency. of Egg Magic book (http://www.davenportsmagic.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2edavenportsmagic%2eco%2euk%2facatalog%2fMagic_Lessons%2ehtml&WD=magic%20egg&PN=Books_Page_6%2ehtml%23a1182#a1182) . It covers how to re-enforce blown eggs for gaffs, and a whole load of other stuff.
Shimada used to do a billiard ball routine where he would produce close to 50 balls, so it is certainly possible to achieve a mass production of eggs in a manipulative manner.
Paul
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
The multiplying eggs by fakini by far the best . the silk to egg with the suker explaination always gets great reaction the best egg to get is exactly from stevens.
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Supreme Magic had a book on FRIED EGG MAGIC..Cordially,Howard
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
Mr. Sanders I second your information,i like to add for our magic friend that for the weller egg he can make his own just take the white egg make holes on each end
and empty it,placing in a glass of white vinegar wait a half to full day peel any left over soft sheel and bingo.It lasts a while.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5331 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Right now (January 31) Café' member Steve Thomas is selling a set of Fakini Multiplying eggs for $60.00. PM him directly. User name Stevethomas.

If you are going to make your own "Weller" style eggs then find duck eggs (slightly larger). DO NOT MAKE TWO HOLES! The skin will inflate too fast. Make one hole and use the ear syringe method for removing the egg inside.

Buy a half dozen to a dozen eggs and make a bunch at once. You will tear one or two in the making process. Store the skins in small jars floating in gin. Let the one you are going to use dry and dust it with talc power.

I have a number of skins that are over 10 years old. They are tougher than one would think.

By the way, I've not found a latex or rubber skin that opens slowly enough to make the trick look magical.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
Mr, Murphy has given extra good n valuable information,thank you sir. Im a past Yogi,Yogi magician.(Charles st.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Looking for some egg magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL