The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Backfiring magic - parentally speaking (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
I'm sure other magical parents out there have experienced similar things. Post'em here. This will be a good thread to chuckle at.

So I have twin daughters (and a 8 month old boy)...the girls will be 4 next month. They have been witness to much of my magic. Vanishing and reappearing everythings from coins and spongeballs to Cinderella and My Little Pony. I've had them wake up in the middle of the night crying because they can't find one of their favorite little ponies, and I would search in vain for them under their covers, and after convincing them we'll find it in the morning, I happen to just find it for them, so I'd produce it from their ear or whatever. Many many things I have done for them, both with my props and everyday things and circumstances.

Boy has this set a precedent.

Here's one example of the backfiring.

My wife coaches cheerleading...so one night while she is gone at a game a week or two ago, I made the girls clean up the den downstairs then I put a show on for them so they can relax for a half hour before bed. I had just finished feeding my son and putting him to bed and decided to take care of the dishes. While washing, I hear the famiiliar crash of legos being spilled all over the floor come from downstairs. Legos that I just made them clean up.

I call them to the bottom of the stairs and ask them about it, to which one replies, "It wasn't me" then the other says "Me either, it must have been someone else". The first, Brianna, turns to me with eyes wide. You could see the lightbulb flash on in her head as she came up with the perfect irrefutable answer to the legos being spilled on the floor. She opens her arms wide and says "It was magic!"

LOLOLOL

What in the hell am I to say to that!?! HAH love it.
.:Michael Kelley
<BR>www.RandomActsofEntertainment.com
On the Level, By the Square
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Twins? First off become an illusionist, you need twins for some things. I guess if they say it is magic it is magic....can't do a thing.
smithpaul60
View Profile
Veteran user
South Carolina
301 Posts

Profile of smithpaul60
That is great.

I have a two year old that I'll do simple dissappearing tricks to (coins, balls, etc.) And the first phrase he learned to say was "where'd it go?" I love it.

He found one of my coins the other day and proceeded to place itno one hand, turn that hand over and open it, as if he had vanished it. He would then start "scolding" the coin for not dissappearing. I now just give him a coin (while I'm watching of course) so he can "practice."

I hasn't backfired on me yet, But noe I know what to look forward to. Thanks for sharing.
Genuis@work

We're trying to adopt. Visit us HERE
MAKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
There's more:)

I require a badge to get into the gates and open doors in buildings for my day job. The badge has a magnetic strip and a gem chip in it, I use this in a card reader that goes in the side of my laptop that allows me access to the the network and vpn when working from home. This badge has my picture on it that my girls love to steal because it's a "picture of daddy".

Well, Friday I return home from a round of golf an go to my laptop to ensure there weren't any fires with the office and my badge was gone. I know they took it, though probably have no clue where it is. When I ask them, they deny it, deny it, deny it until finally one of them looks at me and says "It must have dissapeared Dad"
.:Michael Kelley
<BR>www.RandomActsofEntertainment.com
On the Level, By the Square
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Too cute, Michael! Smile

FWIW, I picked up my son one Friday at the warden's house for his weekend parole with Dad. Said warden has two new kids with her new hubby, adorable kids who enjoy Magic. Me, being an obliging sort, did some quick coin stuff for 'em that afternoon, including a bit where the coin reappeared from my nose. Lots of fun was had by all.

Until the warden called to ask if I'd done Magic for her adorable new kid, who was found trying to shove coins up his nose. No, I'm not completely dense - he's seven, not two. But, uh, no more coin tricks for now. Smile
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I understand that...I got in trouble for showing the wifes class the crayon up nose and they all tried it happily.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Backfiring magic - parentally speaking (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL