The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Superman Doomsday (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
A condensation of the best selling (of all time) comic series. We rented it Pay Per View and it has some terrific action scenes and excellent performances. They did it to rate PG13 so it gets a bit dark and the major fight scene is amazing and BRUTAL like no other animation I've ever seen. Really liked it, so did the Wife. Could have been a tad longer but still worth the rental or DVD price. Animation is highly fluid and skilled from Korean artists but the film is from the produer and crews of the 15 year connection to the Batman TV series (Animated) and the outstanding Batman theatrical film 'Batman Mask Of The Phantasm'.

Justice League is next in the Film series to be created. Booyeah.

Lex Luthor has NEVER been this evil or despicable. You should like it Payne...sort of a role model dude. Smile

JUST KIDDING!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
DeadDave
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
176 Posts

Profile of DeadDave
I have the first edition of that comic book signed by the artist and author.

But I swear I'm not a dork! Smile
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2007-10-08 22:01, Doug Higley wrote:

Lex Luthor has NEVER been this evil or despicable. You should like it Payne...sort of a role model dude. Smile

Lex Luthor is my baseline.

Just watched this DVD. Not bad, wish they'd spent a little more on the animation but overall not a bad flick.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
The Luthor and Jerry's Kids line...Priceless.

Yeah not bad for a direct to DVD. They had a tough job reworking that LONG 2 year story arc into a 75 minute slot...basically it's a Lois Lane piece but still well done for us fan kids. I like the new take on Jimmy.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
How to you compare the violence in the animation to the movie "heavy metal"? I thought was pretty in your face graphic violence.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I never count Heavy Metal as an animated flick in the sence of something I would watch as a Movie. Why you say? I never wanted to watch it. haha. My loss I guess, as Avante garde, edge for edge sake stuff leaves me flat.

So I'll qualify the original statementr to include Hero type stuff fight scenes in main stream movies and TV toons...you know, Superman. Not including Anime as that stuff goes for the guts all the time. The fight scene in Superman Doomsday has simpact and is what one might expect if two behemoths were actually at each others throats. I was not referencing blood and gore but power. Smile
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
It was alright. Doesn't really hold true to the story, but considering the size of the story and how many comics it covered, not something an hour and something long movie can showcase. Still entertaining
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
I enjoyed this movie also. I did NOT like the animation in terms of Superman's face. The cheekbones had lines drawn straight down from them that made Superman look much older, I know they were trying to pronounce his fetures, but it was to much.

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Superman Doomsday (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL