The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Looking for music (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Darth Ewok
View Profile
Loyal user
Greeneville TN
228 Posts

Profile of Darth Ewok
I'm looking for some music for 2 effect I want to add to my show. one is Cardiographic and the other is the Floating Rose. so far I cant think of anything for the rose except maybe 'Kiss from a Rose' by Seal, or "the Rose' by Bette Middler. cant think of anything for cardiographic

my main problem is that darn Copperfield. he was the 1st one I ever saw perform these effects and his music is alomst a part of the trick to me. I can think of any music as good as the ones he used. even when I practise without sound I hear the Copperfield music in my head.

I'm stumped on this one any ideas will be gladly welcomed
my real name is Kevin Harrison

http://www.myspace.com/magicalclerk
sleight-of-sound
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
30 Posts

Profile of sleight-of-sound
Hi Darth,

I currently have two ads running here in the Café, and I'd be happy to provide you with original, royalty-free music for your magic. Best wishes in your search!

Steve Saunders
"The Conjuror's Composer"
http://www.Sleight-of-Sound.com
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Please don't use something cheesey with the word rose in it. Think beyond that. Think of the emotion you want to evoke, then find a piece of music to fit that emotion. Royalty free music from Me, Steve (above) and other sources are really the way to go though.
Opus1
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Opus1
I'd be happy to be one of those 'other sources' for royalty-free music Smile

Tommy
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I select all my own music, but it is a chore. First of all, I settled on the type of music I, as a magician, would listen to. Then I listen to as much of that type of music as I can. It runs constantly on my computer and eventually a song will inspire me to use a trick I haven't done in years or I will hear a song that fits perfectly with my routine. I've listened to some of the royalty free music and the things I've listened to, don't match my musical tastes of performing style. Your mileage may differ. I may have to listen to hundreds of songs until I get one I find that works. But the payoff comes when the show ends and people comment on my magic and then tell me how beautiful the music was too. Don't skimp on it, it's critical. Good music enhances the act, bad music will destroy it.
Coram Deo
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I would go with the above plus this one I have already: http://www.magicsax.com/store/page13/page13.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Looking for music (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL