The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 20 questions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Enjoy.

http://www.20q.net

Best,

Tim
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
Way to addictive.
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
Very interesting.

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I like it cuz I can do it with the wife and she doesn't realize I'm using the computer and she can't figure out how I guess right. Usually I guess right before the computer but that is cuz I know her.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2464 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
You want a game you "can't put down" ... try Webboggle http://weboggle.shackworks.com/

A few rounds at 4am are a very bad habit for me.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Love it
thanks Ross
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3223 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
I went to this site a year or two ago, and it already had one game, but this is way, way, more advanced now. Thanks for reminding me of this.

They used the original site to collect data for the small electronic 20Q toys you can buy. I was given one as a gift over a year ago. It's amazing how many things it can get correct.

The web site is much better than the 20Q toys you can buy.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2464 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
BTW, tried out 20Q with an (I thought) obscure movie character. 20Q won.

How did it DO that????!!!
DeadDave
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
176 Posts

Profile of DeadDave
I first saw the hand held version about a year ago. A friend had gotten one for his daughter. After it guessed "tattoo" everybody was convinced that it was a trick, and started whispering items so the 20Q couldn't "hear" them. Hilarious!

BTW, If I'm not mistaken, Alain Nu has some mentalism ideas using the device...
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Quote:
On 2007-10-09 23:25, rossmacrae wrote:
You want a game you "can't put down" ... try Webboggle http://weboggle.shackworks.com/

A few rounds at 4am are a very bad habit for me.

You should not have posted this link. I can't stop playing. I need help. Is there a forum for addicts
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Glad you are enjoying it.

This thing freaked me out when it knew I was thinking of Houdini. The questions it asked me were very vague and Magic was NEVER mentioned.

Best,

Tim
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
It's really amazing how advanced some of the learning algorhythms have become over the years. The program "learns" by analyzing winning and losing strategies until it arrives at an answer. This is also the very strategy that was used to "teach" a computer to defeat a grandmaster of chess.

As for me, I did the Harry Potter one and was thinking of Albus Dumbledore. It nailed it, but had a small problem with the fact that a previous player had said that Dumbledore was NOT in a picture frame and I had said he was, which was true for the last two books. Either someone had played the game before book 6 came out or the database just hadn't been updated.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
That is the only problem with these programs as they may learn but they are not able to judge who they learn from. The information they "learn" may be outdated or wrong or out of context.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
People hear about the 20Q idea, and believe that it is some new concept. This has been a standard computer game for quite some time.

Check out this computer book with the game "Animal", and the program behind it (Notice how short it is).

So, when did this book come out? Check out the publishing date here. Surprise! As a matter of fact, this wasn't scanned from a first edition, either. The first edition came out 5 years before this one, and the concept wasn't new then, either.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » 20 questions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL