The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » Steel sphere (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1902 Posts

Profile of tbaer
davidj40
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of davidj40
Thanks for posting this. I love the idea and thought about a magic effect using 2 stainless balls of the same size. Here is what I have - I purchased a stainless steel solid ball that is 3"; also purchased (from ebay - got a great deal on 6 of them) a 3" hollow stainless steel ball.

I drop the solid ball and it sinks, I take the ball out and dry my hand/arm off and in that process I switch for the hollow ball, which is hidden in a wadded up towel. Then drop the ball again (?) and it floats.

I am working on a gospel presentation which I think will use the illustration well. If anyone would like to see it, I would be happy to email it to you.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1301 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
When ever we speak about floating and sinking here at http://www.scienceinavan.co.nz we like to get the point across it not as simple as hevey things sink and ligth things float. It all about the wegith of the object and the wegith of the water displaced.

This look like a great kit and I love the ideas your playing with David.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Science of Magic » » Steel sphere (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL