The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Matrix For Lazy People - Aldo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Greetings,

I am working on this routine from Aldo's book, "The Close-Up Magic of Aldo Colombini."

I get to step 8 in this routine, and up till that point, everything seem to be working like clock work. And WHAM, I am completely confused.

Is there a mistake, something missing, or am I just not catching something? Being non-specific on purpose, but if someone has worked through this routine, perhaps you can keep me in on a PM or if there is an error, just let me know.

Thanks!

RevJohn
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1824 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Hi RevJohn,

Did you ever find anything out? I just came across this routine and am intrigued by it.

Thanks,

Bob
martonikus
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of martonikus
Firstly, step 6 ends with the reveal of three coins at D. Delete the rest of that paragraph.

In step 8, turn the card at B face up and slide it under its own coin (NOT under a coin at D). The right hand picks up that card with the coin on top, dumps the coin into the left hand, and turns the card over onto the left hand as cover, taking away the card (now face down) with the coin concealed below it, as the left hand closes. The sleight in the Notes is then used to show the card front and back while concealing the coin. End the sleight (figures 6, 7, 8, 9 and then the same in reverse) with the card face down, the coin held below it by the right thumb. Use the right hand to leave its card (and the coin beneath) at B. Snap the right fingers and open the left hand. The text reads "There should be four coins at D.". What that means is that you have given this impression, because there are apparently no coins anywhere else. You can tap the card at D to emphasize this. All that remains is the "reverse matrix" reveal (step 9).

PM any further questions. Good luck with this!
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
1824 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Wow! Thanks so much, martonikus. I'd given up on getting an answer. I'll take a look at the description again, along with your annotations, and let you know if I have questions.

Best Regards,

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Matrix For Lazy People - Aldo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL