The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Nice case for briefcase table? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sahunhong
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of sahunhong
Hey guys, I came across this inexpensive case that I wanted to use for a briefcase table with PVC pipe legs... do you think it would be good (in other words, I'm putting a close-up pad on it)?

Thanks!
SH
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Hmmm...hard to tell. Can you post a picture or something?

Mark.
sahunhong
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of sahunhong
OOPS! didn't post the link! sorry. Here is the link.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MSG......i=507846
sahunhong
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of sahunhong
UPDATE:

Also found this case. If you guys wouldn't mind checking this out also.

http://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Laptop-Br......&sr=8-19
John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
Hi SH

I have several of these cases. They certainly are inexpensive. They are not very strong though. I started out with a black one and have since gotten two silver ones. The inside lining has come loose on all three over time. I just glued it back in with a large bottle of contact cement. The skin is very thin. I think you would have to put some serious reinforcement inside to be able to fasten flanges to the case to use it how I think you want to. I doubt that it would work with a single support, the material is too flimsy. A three leg support could work though.

Have you looked at Michael Ammars table plans? I built one according to his specs for about 10 dollars worth of materials and it is really great!

John
The real magic is family!
sahunhong
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of sahunhong
I was going for a 4 leg support Smile

Nope, haven't looked at his table plans... PM me please.

THanks,
SH
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1217 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
I use these too, they also come in red at home depot, which makes a cool magic color. I use one as a general case and the others to hold extensive routines with multiple props, ie, my snake basket has its own red case.
I use an aluminum waiters stand, which can be carried sideways in the same hand as the case, so to me this works about as well as a "briefcase table" and has the advantage of looking professional without appearing tricked or prepared in any way. And a whole lot easier, too.
marc
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5771 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2007-10-15 09:20, sahunhong wrote:
I was going for a 4 leg support Smile

Nope, haven't looked at his table plans... PM me please.

THanks,
SH

3 legs work better. A 4th leg can cause the table to wobble, unless the lengths are perfect.

I prefer a catalog case or a plastic tote. A briefcase reorients the props, causing loose ones to tumble, when you set the case down to open it. This doesn't occur with a catalog case or a tote.
sahunhong
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of sahunhong
Is it possible to use a Catalog case with a close up pad?

Or any way to make the props not tumble? maybe a magnetic cover? Now I'm thinking Smile

Sam
John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
One case I got came with a customizable foam rubber insert. The idea was to just tear out little squares until you have cubby holes to put various size items into. I have also tried taking a regular piece of foam rubber and tearing/cutting holes in it to hold props in place. Finally I gave up and got a different kind of case. Like this

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/di......er=36871

I wish it came in black but it works well to carry on to the stage and hold things upright. I put mine on a chair off to the side of the stage.
The real magic is family!
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I bout a half dozen from Home Depot for $19.99. They come in Red, Black, and Silver.
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Nice case for briefcase table? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.34 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL