The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Squeakers and Clowning? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
At the A-1 Convention At The Capital I picked a very funny book that has funny applications for use of a squeaker...

At a recent magic show for my six year old my son had a blast with it pretending to clean out his ear with his finger(hey, I'm easily amused-it was a squeaker!!!!)

What funny, "bits of business" do you use it for?

Thanks for you response!

Steve Landavazo

Smile
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
Pretending a red sponge ball is a clowns nose and giving it a quick squeek to demonstrate. It gets a giggle and sets the kind of tongue in cheek tone I’m looking to get across to the audience.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
John Zander
View Profile
Loyal user
Downey, CA
247 Posts

Profile of John Zander
I love when my three year old son squeeks a sponge ball and then hands it to someone else and it does not squeek! (holding the squeeker with the other hand behind his back) The look on an adults face when they get burned by a three year old is priceless Smile
Thank you,

John Zander

The Award Winning

Comedy Magic of

John Zander

http://www.ZanderMagic.com

http://www.AllMagic.net
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Excellent John!

I like the part of getting, "burned" by a three year old. Priceless!!!!

Sincerely,

Steve Landavazo Smile
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
magiker
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
283 Posts

Profile of magiker
Walking with a squeak is one thing I do as a magical clown. I take off my shoe and I still squeak when walking. Then try oil cans etc. Smile

Magiker
Magiker

Believe in the possibility of the impossible
SimonSpiff
View Profile
New user
Alaska
11 Posts

Profile of SimonSpiff
I usually get 2 children together. When I push the first child’s nose it squeeks... but the second child’s doesn’t... then I switch ’em. Also, I sometimes use it with one of my puppets.... Smile
Bengi
View Profile
Veteran user
Georgia
309 Posts

Profile of Bengi
I picked up a squeeker today....lotta fun for a buck!!!

Bengi Smile
Mark V
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Mark V
I use the squeaker to squeak the olive at the beginning of Jiggernaut. They want to see them because I don't use the real olives. When they can't get it to squeak, I show them the squeaker, do a quick transfer and hand them a squeaker that doesn't work. I do a good-natured "gotcha" and continue the routine.
If they ask why the olive squeaks, I say it must be low on "olive oil".
For lttle kids, they love it when you squeak their nose. It sometimes gets a surprised look from the parents too.
Another fun item is the neck cracker.

Mark V
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Where can you get one of these neck crackers?
Dennis Michael
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
I squeak my jester staff then hand it off for someone else to squeak; "no, it's up a bit... over... no ....give me that SQUEAK, see like that... no, over..."

I will also tell kids that there litle brother/sister Squeaks, then squeak the litle ones belly, I had a 4 year old poking her 2 year olds belly, but before I could stop and show them the squeaker, the 2 year old started poking her own belly, me and the parents. I had more fun watching the kids!!
As a one time use neck crackers, I just use a tic tac box.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
Quote:
On 2002-03-11 14:14, DenDowhy wrote:
Where can you get one of these neck crackers?

I use a watch grinder - a small hand held
"clicker" that is operated by a small cog. Good fun if you palm it, grasp your head with both hands and pretend to twist your neck from side to side while using your thumb to turn the cog. Sounds gross! I got mine in a magic shop in Glasgow, if that helps! Smile
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
When I was in Bologna last year, I was in a show with an Italian comedy duo called "Luchettino" which did some marvelous squeaker work with a suitcase on the floor.

By stubbing out a cigarette on the floor, the "butt" started squeaking. More and more with every stomp of the foot. The butt was then placed into a suitcase wherein the sound immediately stopped...

...until the suitcase was opened to see if it was truly dead.

GREAT routine!
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
A squeaker or similar item ie. bicycle horn, works great for scaring a tail onto a poodle. It's a great attention-getter in large crowds.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Dave Lewis
View Profile
New user
Anaheim, California
83 Posts

Profile of Dave Lewis
I haven't tried it myself but I've seen others use the squeaker by cutting off the actual squeak thing and putting in their mouth where they make it squeak conventionally. Then they start making long squeaks, staccato squeaks, etc. Pretty funny!!!
Owen Anderson
View Profile
Loyal user
A sturdy fence needs at least
231 Posts

Profile of Owen Anderson
A little girl with pigtails...I gently pull one and nothing happens. I pull the other one and squeak! Just as much fun when their hair is in multiple braids. You can try 4-5 before you find the squeaky one.
Great laugh line: She's got squeaky clean hair!
Owen Anderson
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Hand squeakers are great.

I also love the mouth squeakers(mosquito squeakers) that I get by the 100's from Bob Little.

Tom Burgoon used to sell neck crackers. I am not sure if he still offers them.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Dennis
I hate to tell you, but Bob little sells them.
HAVE FUN
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Scruffy the Clown
View Profile
Loyal user
Coldwater,MI
233 Posts

Profile of Scruffy the Clown
I have a large one concealed in my left sleeve. It's priceless!!! I use it often, shakin hands,beeping a kids nose,or just to touch something and then be shocked when it sqeaks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Squeakers and Clowning? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL