The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » My Drink Trick ... weak ending, anyone? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
I just bought this a few weeks ago.. and I'm not happy with the stork at the end. It just doesn't fit my kind of presentation. I need something either shocking or FUNNY!
So, in the meantime, while I have a good think about it.. anyone else come up with a better finish? I had this trick years ago.. around 1992 I think maybe I bought it from Patrick Page. The presentation is the same, but the cards are slightly different.
Also, the original set I had was a bit awkward to handle, as all the cards were just slightly different sizes.. the cards are perfect in the new version.
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
james1a
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of james1a
Hi:
This trick was devised by Oliver Mackenzie, it was much used by Ken Brooke and sold by Harry Stanley. Oliver MacKenzie was an amateur of considerable charm and performed this with considerable success. Oliver MacKenzie in business was I beleive a Director of a Distillery. Remember Charlie Miller try the trick the way the originator performed it before changing it.
If you must you must, then why would you be involved with all this liquour, what were you really seeking?
James1a
james1a
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of james1a
Hi:
My apologies I just read your description of the finish, a stork? A stork? A stork? The original finish was of an attractive young woman.

James1a
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Yes.. right... a stork.. with a baby..

up to that point, it's the same as the original. Went down to a club.. must have had a great time, but I don't remember, and then... 9 months later..
And then the stork/baby card is revealed. Really poor ending.
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » My Drink Trick ... weak ending, anyone? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL