The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Outsmokin' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Pm'd you.
Logic Defied
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Thanks everyone. I'll get the images and everything finished then I'll contact you.

Thaks so much to everyone to offering to help out.

Ron Jaxon

Posted: Oct 6, 2004 2:05pm
-------------------------------------
Outsmokin' is now available as a PDF file.

Click here for details

Thanks for all the offers to help get this out there!

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Dr Dark
View Profile
New user
North West UK
55 Posts

Profile of Dr Dark
I just bought this via papal. One word... WOW. This is unbelievable, I nearly fell off my chair when I read the pdf. Jaxon my hat is off to you.
At this price folks don't miss this effect. I pride myself in a logical educated mind and would never have guessed the gimmick. anyone worried about making this please don't worry the pdf explains just how easy this is to make. I guarantee you will easily lay your hands on the necessary stuff at next to no cost to yourself.
Final thoughts are you will use this and kick yourself if you don't buy it at the price.
Regards, Doc
multiply
View Profile
Loyal user
England (Olde!)
202 Posts

Profile of multiply
I got this also and it blew me away - the gimmick was truly a surprise as, after watching the video, I thought I had it figured....WRONG!!
Well done, Ron - a great illusion (and you don't even need to be a smoker to perform this)!
Gary B
Dr. Zordas
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Dr. Zordas
Just bought this too! Totally agree with <multiply>. Download the video FIRST and watch it around a dozen times - when you know the secret the demo loses a little impact, so take-in as much as you can!

Fantastic! Hats off (or on) to Ron!

Dr. Zordas
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Thanks guys. I'm so happy you like it. Let me know how it goes when you go out and perform it. I'd love to read your storys.

Thanks again.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Dr Dark
View Profile
New user
North West UK
55 Posts

Profile of Dr Dark
I performed this tonight, and yes I know I only bought it yesterday but honestly you will be able to do this as soon as you make the gimick and how many tricks can that be said about? It went down fantasticaly and is so much fun to do.its one of those rare things that you watch yourself do in a mirror and you cant stop smiling. So once again guys do yourself and magic a favour and buy this thing and get out there performing it.
Regards, Doc
Mojodrazil
View Profile
New user
Fl.
19 Posts

Profile of Mojodrazil
Money well spent!!! I was really pleased with my purchase, Ron. Top notch stuff here. The gimmick took no time to create, and I am having a blast performing this effect. At 10 dollars, I believe I got my moneys worth. Thanks for putting this out there!!

Mojo
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'm so glad this is getting such good feed back.

After you've performed it for a while. I'd love to see videos of you performing it. It would be great to put on my site. So people can see how different people present it. I'm sure there is a wide variety of facial expressions and other presentation aspects.

There's something I think needs to be said and I'm saying it here on the public board because it doesn't just apply to this trick.

Don't trade PDF files for other tricks. This trick is only $10 and most PDF instructions don't cost that much anyway. I've had a couple people who have this trick tell me that they've had Emails asking to trade this trick for otehr PDF's or E-books. If someone can't afford $10 then I don't think magic is something they should be to heavily into. If anyone wants this trick but don't use paypal or are in a country that doesn't. Email me and maybe we can work something about. (Please don't take this as in invitation to trade this trick for others though).

Thanks again everyone!

Ron Jaxon

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I've had a few people ask what I meant when I said that this trick is part of a longer act. So I figured I'd share it here. The other tricks in the act aren't mine so I'll just name them.

I start out by performing Andy Leviss's "A sticky situation. This is a very nice trick with a stick of chewing gum. After, while rather, I'm performing this trick I explain that I'm trying to quit smoking.

I explain that I've tried all kinds of "Stop Smoking aids". For example:

Here I perform Fearsons floating cigarette with the tag line, "See, you use a light cigarette".
That never really helps you quite. It actually makes you want to smoke more. So I found a way that's guarenteed to make you quit.

Here I perform Outsmokin.

At the end I say something along the lines of:
If all else fails, just do this!"

Then I do a very clean cigarette up the nose that leaves your hands empty.

A lot of visual magic and fun lines in this routine.

Just thought I'd share that for those who are interested.

Ron Jaxon

Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1265 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Ron:

I can't view the demo with QT 6.5 . Any ideas?

Also, Peter's performance doesn't seem available either. MagicVideoDepot.com appears to be down or gone.

Would love to see the demo.

Steve H
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I open mine with Windows media player with no problem. Hmm. I'm not sure what to do.

I do have a very old and very low quality video of it. I made this about 5 years ago mainly just to show it to some friends online.

It's a .ram file so you'll need real player. Don't hold the quality of the video against me but it does show the effect.
(Notice that in this video I light the cigarette at the end. I only did this to show that it can be handed out when you perform. You don't have to light it).

Click here to try that video.

Oh and by the way. The video of Peter perform the effect is on the add page for outsmokin now. Click here to find that.

Let me know if you're able to see either one of them. I'd love to read your reaction.

Ron Jaxon

magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Same problem, can't open any of them and I never had a problem opening files or media players..
Don
Mike Giusti
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Mike Giusti
The first link is for a Real Media file. It works just fine for me. The second link is for a Windows Media player file, which also works fine. You may wish to try downloading the latest versions of this software for the files to work properly.

If you don't like RealOne, you can download a program called RealAlternative, a smaller program that uses virtually no memory at all.

For Windows Media:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows......oad.aspx

For RealAlternative:

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/static/clips/realalt109.exe

Hope this helps.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1514 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Hey Ron, I started this thread for you again by just asking where to get the materials for your effect. I have the non PDF version. Now look at all the responses and sales. You never did tell me what type of hat you are wearing. I hope Outsmokin continues to do well for you. By the way it is a great effect!
Steve
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1265 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Ron:

On your website, the file extension is .avi.

In your last post, it's a .ram file, which I <was> able to see with jetAudio, a Real Media player.

I like the routine and can see why it would be so cool as a part of a longer routine. Thanks for posting it.

Steve
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Is everyone seeing the video ok now? I just want to amke sure it's working. A new video is coming taht shows just this effect rather then all the effects the current video has.

Ron Jaxon

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
As promised hre's the new video for Outsmokin'

This is another .wmv (Windows Player) file and it really shows the effect well.

Click here to see the video.

Let me know what you think.

Ron Jaxon

Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Nice going Ron!
Outsmokin deserves it's own demo video, the effect is awesome.

Don't doubt how big impact this effect will do!
It's easy to put together, (took me about 20min).
And really easy to perform, (no difficult sleights what so ever),
so you can consentrate fully on your performance.

I'v performed this behind the bar as a starter of my "quit smoking" routine (outsmokin' - floating cig. to vanish it with a TT).

Great work Ron!!

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Outsmokin' (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL