The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Gaahhh! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Do you think it is one of those femme French berets with a loop on top or a balding buy with a beard beret that looks like a riding cap backward?
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2920 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
No, I was not joking about the outfit. I wear that sort of general thing everyday and never go anywhere without my beret.

Anyway, I found my bag... in a whole other school just a stone's throw away from mine! Apparently someone stole all of my magic stuff out of it and left the bag in the field. Someone from the other school found it and brought it to the office. Now it's just a matter of catching the kid and giving him what he deserves... I'm already hot on his trail.

Why do you say I got what I deserved? I don't act like the cocky magician at school at all. I just showed some killer material to a small group on the first day. Needless to say, news of a magician appearing at Westmount spread like wildfire and now, I am constantly stopped in the hallway for request performances. Everyone knows me because of my beret and magic, but I certainly don't give off the air of mystery.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1049 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
I'd be careful taking all that to school if I were you. Some of it could be seen as a weapon. Especially the chain that you say you carry with you. Do you really need to take all of that to school?

Being known for magic isn't nessecarly a bad thing like some are making it out to be. When I was still in school, I was known for my card effects. I never approached anyone. They would always come to me saying how they heard about what I could do and wanted to see it for themselves. It is no exaggeration to say that people approached me everyday. Teachers and students loved to watch what I could do. There were other magicians at the school but I was the one they came to. Sometimes I would tell them maybe later or something and sometimes I would perform for them. I was not seen as a geek. No, this isn't just my opinion.

My point to all of this is that as long as you don't overdo it, like you seem to be, then it can be a great thing to be known for.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Josh, I know guys in San Francisco that wear that type of hat all the time! That is funny.....

See Vandy, the boy is serious about his outfit, he is known for his beret. I believed you Michael, now go find that bag thief and scratch his eyes out and slap him silly.

Michael, the other hallway hit man, brought up a good point, what is the chain for? Do you do escapes between classes?
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2920 Posts

The chain was a joke.

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1049 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:
On 2007-10-15 20:40, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
It's only Cups and Balls, Ninja Rings, two ropes, coins, three decks of cards, and a chain!

So are the ropes a joke too? They could also be seen as a weapon. Remember less is more, less is more, less is more.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2920 Posts

They are harmless blue and red ropes. And everyone knows me and knows what I do, nothing is suspect.

Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

The way you remain oblivious to our childish mockery tells me you'll be alright Michael. We'll probably be just as critical of your first HBO special.
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
In Canada you cannot use blue or red ropes to hurt people, only natural colored ropes.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
The more attention you get the bigger the target on your back becomes. Go back and read my first post before every jealous kid in your class wants to attend your blanket party. If you don't know what a blanket party is just ask MagicSanta.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-10-16 21:12, MagicSanta wrote:
In Canada you cannot use blue or red ropes to hurt people, only natural colored ropes.

Canada is at least 20 years behind the states, when it comes to the evolution of hurting people. That's why their dollar is becoming embarrassingly expensive.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I used to walk through the halls of my old high school with a case of swords, a sledge hammer, strait jacket, nails...a whole bunch of stuff (I've used the school's Theatre for shows)

Never once was I stopped. ever. School security at least in America is awful.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Ohhh, I think Michael will learn what a blanket party is some day....

I love the idea though. If you are a hunter, bring a rifle to school, archers can walk around with a bow and arrows. Like to fish? Wear your vest with gear in it and practice fly fishing casting using the teachers coffee cup as the target. My nephew just graduated highschool (and flunked out of college in a record two months!) and a kid in the school is a race car driver, the ones that look like Indy cars, imagine if he wandered through classes in a white jumper covered with sponser badges. Man, I wish I was back in high school!
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

I was at a school assembly with a backpack full of kerosene, lighter fluid and a few other flammable liquids, 2 large cans of compressed gas, a pocket torch, and a couple of folding torches. And right there someone took it. I asked school security to look into it. Even though it's a big town, I'm known for my fire eating act. They don't mind if I bring that kind of thing to school assemblies. Plus it's been wet here so the fire couldn't really hurt someone.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Only Groucho and Re-run from "Whats Happening" ever pulled off the beret look successfully. Groucho could pull it off cause he was 1000 years old by the time he turned up on the Cavett show sporting the thing. Re-run was just stylin and profilin when he rocked that bad boy.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I recall someone offering a very innocuous comparison between Michael and Jesus, and it has disappeared (Did you have anything to do with that Josh#2?, I know how you people work).

I would like to point out that sometimes magic tricks for random people will make you very famous. Also, the Romans will end up killing you. What kind of a name is Pontius Pilate? His mom must have hated him. Although a kid at my sons school is named "Shadow" really, his last name, I kid you not is "Hunter". That name kicks ***.

My son's name is Garrett Jax, after the warrior in the book "The Wishsong of Shannarra"

Although my wife insisted on the Garrett, instead of the correct spelling of Garet. Women.

So Michael, leave that crap home. Bring rubber bands, cards, cash(So the bullies can take it), put a flower and a feather in your beret, get a pink Beret (Tough guys wear pink, as do some gay guys (Tough gay guys).... go figure). Wear a shirt that makes fun of the Jocks & the Stoners, get a button that says: "Women were created by the lord Jesus Christ for our entertainment". Then skip with your hands a-flailing to each class.

I guarantee no one will try to take your bag again! And everone will know who you are(The guy getting beat up right next to this black bag).
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Do you think Devo walked around highschool in his grim reaper robe? That would impress the teachers.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Quote:
On 2007-10-16 23:03, Josh the Superfluous wrote:
I was at a school assembly with a backpack full of kerosene, lighter fluid and a few other flammable liquids, 2 large cans of compressed gas, a pocket torch, and a couple of folding torches. And right there someone took it. I asked school security to look into it. Even though it's a big town, I'm known for my fire eating act. They don't mind if I bring that kind of thing to school assemblies. Plus it's been wet here so the fire couldn't really hurt someone.

Really?! you too! OMG!
(Clearly, I'm joking.)

I did get a laugh out of that though!
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL