The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Worth Subscribing to ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
la9
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of la9
Thinking about subscribing to Genii magazine and just wanted a few opinions on it before I spent my hard earned money.

Thanks Everyone.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I subscribe to both Magic and Genii, and like both of them.

I would say you can't go wrong with either. Both just keep getting better and better in my opinion.

RevJohn
michaangelo
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of michaangelo
I dig Genii magazine...

Worth the subscription price if one review saves you from making a bad purchase!!!

Michael
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Yep...like the good Reverend, I subscribe to both and enjoy each. You really can't go wrong.

Mark. Smile
la9
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of la9
Thanks, I plan on subscribing thanks to everyone's opinions.

I was just wondering what was so special about issue #55 that it isn't in there archives.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
The "news" in the fraternal magazines is very different from that in Genii and Magic. I like them all and take them because it is not a rehashing of what was in the others. After about forty years of Genii, I'm hooked!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
daver
View Profile
Elite user
Jupiter, FL
424 Posts

Profile of daver
I'd not been a subscriber too much and a few years ago, I was with Jamy Ian Swiss and he called Genii "The Thinking Magician's Magazine". I'm sure this is also because he does a lot of review there ;-) but I subscribed on that basis and have not regretted it.
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
If you could only subscribe to one, which would it be, Genii or Magic? Thanks.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2008-06-11 12:37, Mumblemore wrote:

Genii hands down.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1018 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
While both are excellent, I think if push came to shove, I would go with Genii. Fortunately, I don't have to decide.
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
374 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
I like Genii the best out of all the mags. You won't be disappointed.

Nick
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5378 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Similar topic you might find useful...
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=110
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
I get MuM, Genii, and Magic...

Genii has been the most interesting and useful to me.

Magic would be second - an only missing first by a short bit...

both are excellent choices.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
michaangelo
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of michaangelo
I get both and they are apples and oranges... well, tangerines and oranges at least. They are both great. I love that Magic is doing a year-long revamp and update of the magazine... Subscribe to both... One good steer in a review saves the entire cost and Genii has great add-ons with a three year subscription! (Magic does MagicLIVE which is the magazine in convention form... I loved it!)
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Quote:
On 2008-06-11 12:37, Mumblemore wrote:

GENII!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Genii is having a special promotion right now that if you subscribe, not only will you get a one year subscription, you will also get the entire first year run of Genii magazine!!!
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2008-11-26 07:30, VcosNJ wrote:
Genii is having a special promotion right now that if you subscribe, not only will you get a one year subscription, you will also get the entire first year run of Genii magazine!!!

Yea, I took advantage of that great offer and subscribed to Genii. I also subscribed to Magic recently because of the great $5 a month offer. I also receive The Linking Ring, MuM magazine and buy Reel Magic Quarterly whenever it comes out.

:)
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
I subscribe to Genii magazine. I like it, however, I sometimes feel like I am buying a catalogue. In this months issue there are about 58 pages of advertising! In one part I think there were sixteen straight pages of advertising. Now, I don't mind looking through ads for new stuff but 16 straight pages of ads seems a little excessive. I guess it is the number of adverts that help keep the price at $6. But if the number of adverts grows I may begin to feel like people should be paying me to read the magazine.

I enjoyed the interview with Chris Capehart in this months issue. I like reading reviews by Eric Mead and anything by Jamy Ian Swiss. I hope for more great stuff from these people.
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Since Genji was smart enough to make an article of Chris Capehart this month, buy it.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I subscribe to quite a few magazines: The Linking Ring, MUM, Genii, KIDabra, MAGIC and The Christian Conjurer. I like them all! If I HAD to chose between Genii and MAGIC, I'd probably pick Genii- seems to be a little more slanted toward the average magician (although not always), and less on the "super" tv types. In the December issue, the article on Ms. Welch for example was terrific, a very kind person that many of us have met and bought her top notch Malini Egg Bag from. The reviews also seem more sharp to me, and point out the waste of time stuff, with excellent book coverage. Although sometimes Genii has (in my view) too much emphasis on cards, and not enough on kids shows which many of us do in reality, the Genii issues do often come with nice DVDs or tricks or attachments of some sort- usually very good. But again, for me, I don't chose, I get them all! Well worth the financial sacrifice for me to stay current... So here's my vote for Genii...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Worth Subscribing to ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL