The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Magic/Illusion room (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Joe Mansfield
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Joe Mansfield
If you could have (or already have) a magic room in your home, what "built-in" illusions and effects would you have?
mydogripper
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
182 Posts

Profile of mydogripper
My wife and I have new house... in the basement we are re-creating the "open-sesame" entrace from the Magic Castle to my hidden room where all the collectible props are.. my magic libary, illusions, the book case opens with a r/c and behind it is the hidden room, Took images from the Castle.. plus we are building a stage for performance... like the Palace of Mystery, in the hiiden room is the close up table viewing like Hoffmans table
http://www.MerrittAmbrose.com
2011 Greater Atlanta Magician of the Year
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Sounds cool!
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I second that... It sounds like a fun hang-out! Definitely get plenty of pictures of your project while it unfolds....

I would have to say it would be pretty cool to have interactive pictures with eyes that follow you, a bookcase that leads to a secret room or something, and don't forget to have a floating table desk with all the seance "bells and whistles"....

Best of luck!
Christian Illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Ohio (currently located in Missouri)
503 Posts

Profile of Christian Illusionist
Quote:
On 2007-10-16 21:04, Bryan Gilles wrote:

...I would have to say it would be pretty cool to have interactive pictures with eyes that follow you

I've seen these for sale, but are there plans or books on them anywhere so that I could make one with the picture of my choice?
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Joe,

I hope to see you in Eureka Springs at the end of March for the Cavalcade of Magic. But come see our theater here at the ranch sometime. You'll be surprised! There are magic toys here! We built a 1600 square foot building for our "magic room". It includes the theater, prop storage and a workshop. (Yes we have already had to add out buildings for storage!)

There is the CANVAS Art Festival here at Magic Valley Ranch November 3, 2007. It's a good time to come see the theater and some walk-around magic out where the artists are selling their works.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Joe,
My magic room would feature an innocent looking living room that almost immediately converts into a cabaret enviornment and the dining room chairs would all be shockers, the wine glasses would dribble, all plates would lift, all windows would 'card thru', and the wallpaper would work well for IT. For starters. Are you buliding such a thing??
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
716 Posts

Profile of jondark445
I haven't a clue how it was done...but if I did the one thing I'd include in my home would be Hooker's Card Rise....if only....

--Jon
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Try helium in the carpet!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I built a Magic Theater. The entrance way looks like a theater ticket booth. The purpose of the room is to watch movies (DVDs) in a theater environment. All the walls have magic books and props. I've run out of space and now I have encroached on the rest of the house.

It would be to costly and take up space to add any type of animated door like the Magic Castle. I did consider making the door invisable from the house but the entrance way most often used by others is from the outside door.

Now that I've use it extensively, I usually keep the door open from the magic room and the rest of the house.

Now If I had the millions, I would build a Haunted Castle Dinner Theater with all kinds of magicial gimmicks and make it so it could have multiple uses, not just for Halloween.

Since this is a dream, here are some links to think about your Dream Magic room or place of fun:
Magic Castle: Hollywood, California
Magic Island: Houston Texas
California Magic Theatre: San Francisco, California
Comedy & Magi Club: Hermosa Beach, CA
Monday Night Magic: NYC, New York
Mystique Theatre: Chubbuck, Idaho
College of Magic
Merlin's Magic Theater
Montana Wonder Theater, Libby, Montan......ter)
Dennis Michael
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
More than any built in illusion, I would love... Absolutely LOVE to have a built in theater attached to my house. It would be complete with lighting, audio, and a stage. Not to mention seating for 50-75 people.

Finding a practice place is always a pain in the neck for me for my cabaret shows. It would be really awesome to have my own little theater for practice, taping new shows, and private performances.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

I took out my stage platform and seating platform because they took up to much room in a 20 x 24 area. We use it for our Local KIDabra Chapter meetings and the Chapter grew limiting seating ability with seating platform. I also had a comfortable couch, that took up space. Now I can get about 35 persons in folding chairs, and I do have a lighting system, and sound system where the room rocks. The lighting acts like a heater and warms the room up. Add in 25 bodies and it gets hot. Cooling the room freezes the rest of the house.
Dennis Michael
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I recently purchased a small warehouse to store my magic and to use as a practice studio. I've set it up with backdrop, stage, sound system and lighting. Now I have the space and privacy needed to effectively practice and rehearse my shows. It also makes a grat place to jam with fellow magicians and really get creative in what we do.

Eventually, I'd like to move most of the props upstairs and convert the main floor into a performing theater. This way, I can host lectures and magic shows right in the warehouse.

I've attached a link to some photos if anyone is interested in taking a peek.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=15377&id=611576002

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

I would love to see the photos but one cannot gain access to them.
Dennis Michael
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Nothing located at that address.
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Don't forget the Lossander end tables with a picture of dead grandma who haunts the room.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I think you have to log into facebook to view the photos. I'll try and see if I can get them posted elsewhere as well.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
I am signed in when access the page and this is the message that I receive.

This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested can not be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
Quote:
On 2007-10-17 15:53, The Mirror Images wrote:
I am signed in when access the page and this is the message that I receive.

This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested can not be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

I'm getting the same error.

Try uploading your pictures to Flikr - http://www.flickr.com/ - I've had good luck with them.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Hmm ... I don't understand why it's creating that message, but try this link instead:

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd208/kentwongphotos
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Magic/Illusion room (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL