The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Frenches Are Coming! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..17..21..25..29..33..35~36~37 [Next]
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Quote:
On 2007-10-31 21:09, Josh Chaikin wrote:
I need $36,479,323.89 There's my problem, see you a solution?

Get a job that pays you $607,988.74 a minute. One hour later..... BAM you got your cash, and a few extra pennies to save for later earning a compound interest of some type.

Your welcome!
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Matt, I love you (as you know, in spite of my wife's problem with wearing shoes on our carpets), but...well...Fauna...I mean...Fauna...

Hey: next time you come over, don't bring Fauna. Because Fauna...well...Fauna...I mean....

You're welcome anytime. (I say politely, though I don't mean it.) But Fauna?

Hey: who made the beer blue, anyway?
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Fauna is the the devil on my shoulder on the left...he also sits on the right...no wonder I never do good things.

Fauna has already been into your house, dirtied your rugs, blocked Eddie Garlands website, kissed your horses, made your beer blue and and drank all your whiskey.

He's a bad guy...but he's my friend, and my morality.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
The Frenches are coming! The Frenches are coming!

Whooooooo! Hoooooooo!

The Frenches are coming!
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Friday, November 9th.. Judgement Day. They're coming. We've filmed, but we need to spend some time on editing.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Hurry up Kras! My Nan is waiting!
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-11-01 20:49, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
Friday, November 9th.. Judgement Day. They're coming. We've filmed, but we need to spend some time on editing.

Oh the suspense! Can we hold this thread together until then???? LOL

Best,

Tim
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
And I was wondering what to give my wife as a birthday present. Don't let me down MM.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I've a question. Are the Frenches a family name, such as Victor French, or is it in reference to the people of France?
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-11-02 00:18, MagicSanta wrote:
I've a question. Are the Frenches a family name, such as Victor French, or is it in reference to the people of France?

Good question. If it is the people of France it should be spelled Frenchies shouldn't it?

Best,

Tim
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
No, Tim. That would be racist and insensitive.

Personally, I refer to them as "frogs". They like that.

Jeff
Fauna Gob
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Fauna Gob
Hey! I'm a nice* guy!

*Nice=Not Nice
I'm the hiphopapotamus, my rhymes are bottomless, sounds a little preposterous, spewing from my esophagus.
But, my ryhmes are so potent that during this small segment, I've made all the women in the last three threads pregnant.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-11-02 04:10, stoneunhinged wrote:
No, Tim. That would be racist and insensitive.

Personally, I refer to them as "frogs". They like that.

Jeff

Jeff,

We have an entire week to keep this thread alive before we get to see the video. Lets not get it deleted. LOL

Best,

Tim
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Wouldnt it be 'the French' then? Frenches is certainly wrong.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-11-02 13:13, MagicSanta wrote:
Wouldnt it be 'the French' then? Frenches is certainly wrong.

I stand corrected. The French it is.

Best,

Tim
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Speaking of which, perhaps Michael should *very* seriously considering a different launch date. Although he says there is no Nazi humor in it, even the slightest leaning in that direction on November 9 would be in exceedingly bad taste.

Michael, please read this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristallnacht

Each year on November 9, I go to a rather sobering ceremony at the corner where the local synagogue once stood. Then I go out drinking with my Jewish friends. This year it's a Friday, so we'll probably stay out a little later than usual. So when I come home, I won't really be in a mood for Nazi humor attempts by adolescents. But assuming Michael has his video up, I'm going to certainly watch it. How can I not, after all this build-up?

I recommend debuting it tonight, whatever its current status. Maybe an unedited, unpolished video will give us some insight into the creative process.

Jeff
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hi Jeff,

I'm thinking Michael will have dumped all Nazi references at this point.

Thanks for pointing the 9th out. It was most interesting as I had never heard of it.

Earlier in the thread we spoke of that very thin line regards humor regards that part of history. Just curious what others thought of one of my favorite movies. I think its a masterpiece. I am speaking of "Life is Beautiful"

Best,

Tim
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
French is the last name of the two characters.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Scene from the upcoming The Frenches Are Coming:

Scene: The Frenches are in their bakery taking fresh made French Bread out of the oven. A bell is heard and in comes Mr. Ari Fleichman to purchase some hamburger buns.

Mr. French: Hey! A customer! Vat can ve do for you?
Mr. Fleichman: Hi, I just need a dozen hamburger buns if you have them please.
Mr. French: "Ja, ve hav'dem...vee have da cheeze too ifn'zee vant it for zee burgers
Mr. Fleichman: No thanks, my inlaws are coming and they are Kosher so can't put the dairy with the meat you know
Mr. French: Ahhh...so you are ze jew? Vell, ve velcome all.... regardless.
Mr. Fleichman: Regardless? Uh...okay, I'll just take the...
Mr. French: You have noticed the fresh bread I have taken from our large oven eh? It makes you very nervous eh? Ve vould not vant to maken'zee nervous
Mr. Fleichman: Wow...uh...listen, I'll just assume I don't understand your point and take the buns please, do you have a business card? I have a party coming up and ....
Mr. French: No...here, let me write the phone number on your arm....your people are uze to that

Scene closes ........
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-11-02 18:17, MagicSanta wrote:
Scene from the upcoming The Frenches Are Coming:

Scene: The Frenches are in their bakery taking fresh made French Bread out of the oven. A bell is heard and in comes Mr. Ari Fleichman to purchase some hamburger buns.

Mr. French: Hey! A customer! Vat can ve do for you?
Mr. Fleichman: Hi, I just need a dozen hamburger buns if you have them please.
Mr. French: "Ja, ve hav'dem...vee have da cheeze too ifn'zee vant it for zee burgers
Mr. Fleichman: No thanks, my inlaws are coming and they are Kosher so can't put the dairy with the meat you know
Mr. French: Ahhh...so you are ze jew? Vell, ve velcome all.... regardless.
Mr. Fleichman: Regardless? Uh...okay, I'll just take the...
Mr. French: You have noticed the fresh bread I have taken from our large oven eh? It makes you very nervous eh? Ve vould not vant to maken'zee nervous
Mr. Fleichman: Wow...uh...listen, I'll just assume I don't understand your point and take the buns please, do you have a business card? I have a party coming up and ....
Mr. French: No...here, let me write the phone number on your arm....your people are uze to that

Scene closes ........

Geeesh!

I'll be away for the next week and not likely on the Café for that time. I'm gonna miss this thread. LOL I'll be in Vegas but will have to put all that excitement on hold next Friday to try to see how this plays out.

Best,

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Frenches Are Coming! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..17..21..25..29..33..35~36~37 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL