We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » 3 coin production opinions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dncmagic
View Profile
New user
Gettysburg Pa
57 Posts

Profile of dncmagic
I was hoping some one could give me some opinions on this 3 coin production ive been working on. I have only been studying this fine art for three years, but I practice 8 or more hours a day. I'm just curious how it looks to others and advice on how to make it look better if need be. thank you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5mk94l7djA
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
All in all I would say it looks pretty decent dncmagic. I will say your left hand looks a bit suspicious after the production of the first coin, but other than that it looked good. I probably wouldn't even have noticed that if it wasn't on video, because your mis-direction was good. I am curious as to why you chose that particular method to produce the coins though.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
Fingers,

It's a production by Jay Sankey called the Waterwheel Production. He usually produces two coins with it.

dnc,
I still think, like a lot of us said with the last video, that the shake is off-putting and unnatural.
ppuna
View Profile
New user
Thunder Bay Canada
19 Posts

Profile of ppuna
Try doing everything at a slower pace...about half your current speed. Including the shake. Also, relax your shoulders so the entire process looks effortless.

Otherwise, I think it looks pretty good.
dncmagic
View Profile
New user
Gettysburg Pa
57 Posts

Profile of dncmagic
The first production is directly from sankey, as podcastrant said. so far its the only way I found I can get into the position I want for the second production. fingers, I thought my left hand was kind of suspicious but when it comes into the frame of spectater view it grabbing and holding a coin by its fingertips. I usually do this within feet of the spectator, the second production usaully within a foot or so of thier eyes. which is my next question has any one ever used e******p to produce a 2nd coin while holding another at the fingertips? let me know podcastrant. I can get rid of the shake and just reach out gand "grab" the coin from the air. do you think that would be better. please let me know
Chad Barnard
View Profile
Special user
Mt. Airy, NC
763 Posts

Profile of Chad Barnard
If you can reach out and grab, I think that might look very nice. You can do the hand wave, just loosen the wrist and slow it down a little. Make it more fluid.

Your non-wrist movement is the big thing that makes it look awkward.

Concerning the production from edge grip, check out Bertini's Revolutionary Coin Technique. He produces four, that appear one by one in a fan. One gets added to the fan each up and down hand wave.
dncmagic
View Profile
New user
Gettysburg Pa
57 Posts

Profile of dncmagic
Thanks everybody, I loosened my shoulder and slowed down the shake I loosened up the wrist and it looks a lot better. that was just the kind of advice I needed. it's great to find someplace to get it without an hour and half drive to the "local" magic shop thanks again
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Thanks Podcastrant, I haven't seen any of Sankey's material, so that style was quite new to me. I have to get some of his material, but I have so much stuff on the table already, geeze there just isn't enough hours in a day.....

I kind of figured you would be doing that close up, dncmagic, so the left hand in that case wouldn't really be an issue. I am glad its all coming together for you.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1417 Posts

Profile of feher
Dcnmagic

All in all it looked ok. I know you have gotten some advice already so I'll try to comment on other things.
One.... you know what moves you want to do, so now you have to make it magical. Right now it looks like a bunch of moves.
I hope you know what I mean.
Out of the three I feel the second production is the weakest. Your first production has a lot of hand movement and so does the last one, So I would try to do the second with as little movement from the production hand as possible. That way it might get the hand is quicker then the eye idea out of the spectators mind. that's how I felt when I watched your vid. I felt catch me if you can....
I hope you know what I mean.
PM me if you want me to go into this more with you.
Keep up the good work.
I would like to see this again after you work some of the kniks out of it.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
I see a lot of work and thought going into this, and that's a good thing. I agree that you're well practiced regarding the moves themselves. You might want to rethink the last production. The first two seem to be designed to be done right out in front of you, more or less at chest level. That's appropriate for a slightly larger audience, a step or two away from you. In contrast, the last production can only be seen by people looking down on your hands. That's a different scenario, really. Because of that, the last production is hard to see and less effective than it would be in the right situation. I'd find a handling that adapts the last production so that it's still very clean, but also done at the fingertips. That, or move in closer to a small crowd, and allow them to gather around you for the last production.

One other little routining trick you might want to think about is this--the last production is the cleanest. You might want to arrange things so that the last coin that appears is examinable. If you've done your job right, that's the one the audience will be most curious about. See Doug Brewer's videos for ways to do this, or David Neighbors' work.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
dncmagic
View Profile
New user
Gettysburg Pa
57 Posts

Profile of dncmagic
Thanks feher, I see what you mean. I changed the second production, instead of waving it I just reach toward the spectator and grab the coin outof the air. curtis you too gave me some great insight,i decided to do something totally diffrent for the third production, that will allow the third coin to be examined and will be done at chest level . I will post a new vid when iget the 3rd production smoother. thanks to everybody for all the input it helped a lot
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » 3 coin production opinions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL