The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Me doing routine on my room (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2485 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
This is something I recorded on my room so note :
- its in dutch.. sorry Smile
- bad quality
- I'm not wearing a suit or something. just something I wanted to share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwZbEs0DpPA

have fun
"He must be content to rank with the common herd." - S.W. Erdnase
scaevola
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of scaevola
Thank you for sharing!
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2485 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
In a positive or in a negative way?:D
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Very nice. Good job. Don't know what you said, but it was fun to watch!

Mark. Smile
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2485 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Haha I said at start:
I'm gonna do 2 tricks for the price of 1. trick number 1 the everpopular thumbtrick hahahaha. then I'm the whole time saying that in a mysterious way the bottles swithc places... hen I put a silk on it and do classic gag with silk there then do it back to where it was. in meantime I say that if you didn't see the magic happen it is because you are soo lucky and you want too much. I mean all that xcm,fancy cuts etc... you guys cant appreciate the true magic of 2 bottles transposing anymore Smile 4 year it took to practise it:(:( hehe
then it really happens and with the glasses I say: well guys cheers or something like that.

I just iprovised it but I think there is a lack of pattern with youtube clips and magic in general Smile
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Ahhh...I thought it was something like that.

Have you performed it for others such as family and friends? What kind of reaction are you getting there?

Mark.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2485 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
I neverperformed it. want to know my stuff for 100% and it isn't 100%yet. also if I did it I do it for a kidshow with an assistent I think Smile
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Well...keep up the good work. You're on the right track and will have it together before you know it.

Mark.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2485 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Thanks, appreciated Smile
scaevola
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of scaevola
My advice would be to slow down the part where you make the magic happen and nothing happens. That one magic move you do could be more exaggerated.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2485 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Agreed but megabytes are an issue here Smile
scaevola
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of scaevola
I would also pause before you show that the silk returned to your pocket. Give it time to "travel"
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
At first viewing:

I have to say that for me the silk to pocket part makes it a lot weaker. In my subconscious where my brain follows the logical place where the different objects should be, what I saw when the silk went to the pocket and back, was two silks. When they apparently switched between bottles, my mind saw one impossibly moving silk. But with the pocket involved it just looked like two silks suddenly.

If I was to describe the beginning of the silk part, I would have said "he had a silk that switched place". If I was to describe the second part of it after watching it, I would say "he had two silks and we were supposed to believe it was one". Maybe that explains better what I mean.

So in my opinion, the silk to pocket has to go. It draws a straight line between what we see and what is really going on. If you could disprove it somehow to break that line of reasoning, like turning your pocket inside out, it would be great. WHen you let them draw the conclusion of two silks and then prove that they are wrong, it would be quite strong. But as it is, no.

The silk that goes to bottle 2 and then back again to begin with without us seeing the evidence is really good. It builds the impression that it's an ability you just joke about having. Then when you actually show it move later, it becomes stronger as a result.

The ending however immediately made me "get it", only a short moment after the surprising impressive revelation of the glasses. This time a straight line between what we see (the glasses) and what we don't see (the inside of the cylinders). A bit obvious. If on the other hand, it had been possible to use this moment of shock to simply ditch the contents of the cylinders, for instance if you were on a table and simply put the cylinders down at the back, emptied them and then immediately brought them up and showed them empty while people were still staring at the glasses. Then the fact that they were behind the table for a second would become invisible and the impossibility of the last change would be confirmed. Only then would be the time to take a drink.

Second viewing:

I see alignment problems, one bottle "moves" when you lift the cover and the method is blown. This I did not notice the first time. Also your grip picking up the covers and setting them down is different depending on... well, you know.

Would perhaps be better to change the numbers, so that the order 1-2 is correct from the spectator's point of view?

But all in all, nicely done I think.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2485 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Well the pattern normally with the silk to pocket part is that a spectator steals the silk secretly and binds it around his willy. then I take it slowly and say the silk travels from the bottle and I show empty bottle which I thought a silk was on. then it really traveled and assistent says: that's not possible, I say why not. "because the silk is right here" then I say ye we are talking about silks and bottles but all I got here are 2 glasses a glass lemondade and a glass cola. I'm on stage so I don't need to diss but when its close up I thought of a giant bag haning on the table where the bottles could be dumped immediately and then putting 2 empty cylinders on the table. Also this is ment to do with an assistent as I normally don't do strange noises as a magic spell Smile hope this clears some up.

- assistent comes on stage saying stuff like: well I like your magic but it isn't the real stuff is it, so I deviced a magictrick myself
- oeeeeh aaah look bottles switch places
- I do it again oeeeeh switch... dissapeaaar switch , look bottles are back again at what point I mention.. this is nothing
- he says maybe I do it to quick look 2 empty cylinders.. you stand to that side of the table and grab a hold of it.. while we turn table to otherside he says: look without hands.
- then I say nothing happens. But if I were to place this silk around the bottle and you can swtch it now.. that would be really good. he says: even a kid can do it watch
- oeeeh aaah switch then the old gag comes with I now make them switch back again(as if nothing happens) look I do it again and watch theyre back at were they started
- then I say: that is nothing but watch. if I were to place the 2 cylinders over them I just snap my fingers and they really switch(this time the silk switches) places that would be cool, look I do it again.. snap fingers and theyre back as were they started. now that's real magic
- assistent asks shocked if I can do that again.. please.. for him.. I say. I make it even better I turn my back to you now you put the silk on there. he pretends he does but in reality binds it somewhere(maybe his finger for kidshow) around his you know what so he is in pain. I say are you done yet? he says AALLLMOST DONE.. ok then place the cylinders on the bottles. he says YESS donneee.. now I slow it down. look the silk goes magically from nbottle to bottle he says: YESSS GET ON WITH IT.. now the silk isn't here while I turn the cylinder of one bottle and he SAYS: ye duh ofcourse. BUt it is here and then I show the silk and he says while I place the cylinders on the bottles. That cant be done.. I say why not.. he says because ive the silk right here
- now comes last part: I say ye right but youre talking about 1 silk and 2 bottles while I have here is a glass of lemonade and 1 glass of cola(close up you could ditch it imediately in bag or case, on stage it isn't really neccesary)

hope this clears some of the dirt up Smile

as for the noise: ill work on that for sure. at first time I didn't hear it also but now I do so I erase the movie and study the effect some more. and yes you are right .. I should hold the cylinders the same. I study that aswell. thanks for giving me tbese learning points!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Me doing routine on my room (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL