The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Music?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
What kind of music do you guys (and girls) use for manipulation acts?

Techno, classical, what?

I prefer techno (probably because I'm 17!). I think it goes really well with manipulations...

Thoughts?

chris
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
Seismic,
I use all kinds of music. Whatever moves me will make me perform better. I just put together three different pieces of music for my manipulation act. I open with Good Charlotte, go to Santana and then end with a Jazz piece. Smile
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Check out this song on Kazaa, Win Mx, Morpheus, or whatever.
Rob D - Clubbed to Death.
It carefully fuses classical music with dance and techno.
Tom Smile
calgarianpimp
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of calgarianpimp
What is Lance Burton's manip song? I have been trying to find it. I hear it in stores, I hear it on TV. I can't find it, please help.
Cheers! Smile
jarzamagic
View Profile
New user
Finland
10 Posts

Profile of jarzamagic
I have found that movie music works well. It depends on your style, which music works best for you. In some shows, techno works well. Sometimes classic is the best choice.
Magique Hands
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, NE.
247 Posts

Profile of Magique Hands
For my billiard ball routine (which is my opener), I use an upbeat, remix of a song popularized in the '80's. My selection here truly goes along with my performance style, and allows the audience to relate to the style of magic they are about to see.

My more 'romantic' stuff, of course I use music that suits the mood in which I want to portray. It takes me countless hours to find the music I'm wanting to use for a particular effect or routine (did I mention it takes countless hours?).

For the comedy routines, I of course select music that is geared toward this 'effect'. Any and all music is decided upon after I am certain that it will blend with and highlight my performance character.

I have a recording technician re-record any and all music selections that I use during a performance, and it's recorded onto the CD in the exact order that it will be in the show. This way, my sound tech doesn't have to change CD's, and spend time cueing up the music.

Magically,
- - Troy
"If you go around sprinkling Woofle Dust on everything... people will think 'My... What an odd character." www.magicmafia.com
Kendrix
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of Kendrix
Lance Burton uses Vivaldi: The Four Seasons/ La Primavera.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24053 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I use different kinds. It depends on the audience I'm performing for.
Zauber280
View Profile
New user
Long Island, NY
67 Posts

Profile of Zauber280
When practicing (I have yet to perform manipulation for a real audience) I have my mp3's on random. It helps a lot to practice moving to very different kinds of music. It can really change the whole flavor and feel of a manip routine.
--
Joel

"In this age, which believes that there is a short cut to everything, the greatest lesson to be learned is that the most difficult way is, in the long run, the easiest."

-Henry Miller
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Hello, I have a music cd for magicians. It is for sale at http://www.edjunior.com , click on magic store, scroll down.

I like using techno for manipulation acts, anything instrumental is usually a good choice.
SolomonFrost
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of SolomonFrost
Hey, what's up? This is my first post. I would think 80's type music would work best for most Manipulation acts, like Depeche Mode. Enjoy the silence!
kipling100
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of kipling100
Do you guys think music with words can be appropriate? Usually people say it shouldn't have words, but what do you guys think?
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
Kipling,
In the competition I was in just recently, a couple of the acts used music with words; and it was pretty good. It made me think a little about more types of music to use, even if it has words. Smile
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Hello

I use the Music from Beverly Hills Cop. The theme music is called "Axel F." It is really good; I also use Dean Malenko's entry music. It's really good. Dean Makenko is a wrestler and not a magician, just in case you were wondering.
Luke Smile Smile Smile
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Does anyone know how Lance Burton's CD is? They sell it at Empire Magic. If it is straight classical I may buy.
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
538 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
May sound corny but I really like listening to anything from Enigma "Return to Innocence" to Pink Floyd's "Good Bye Blue Sky".

One is very calm and natural and the other is intense and spasmic.
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
I don't think that it is corny. The more types of music you like the more variety you will have to choose from. Smile
Magicman13
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Magicman13
Do any of you guys buy the rights to the music you use? Does any one here perform in public areas? If so I am pretty sure you have to pay the royalties on the song you're using. Let me know what you guys do.

Thanks,

Cheers, Smile

Leon
"Leave your own Legacy." *Mickey Mantle

"Be Natural." *The Professor
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
Leon,
You can use any music you like. The only time you really have to worry about royalties is when you perform on TV. If you get big enough that you have to pay the royalties fees then you will be able to afford it with no problem. Smile
Backroomboy
View Profile
Regular user
David
114 Posts

Profile of Backroomboy
I personally like the theme song to "Beverly Hillbillies".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Music?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL