The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Music?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3395 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I have to disagree with bolt. Technically, any time you perform for profit using someone's music as part of your show, you should pay royalties or otherwise have some agreement. I believe that is correct. But I doubt that anyone would come after a small show. (Unless it's an infringement on Disney material. Disney goes after everyone!)
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
Jim,
I agree. I was just making the point that unless you are someone who is doing big shows on a regular basis, you won't have to worry about it. Smile
Mike the Amazing
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Mike the Amazing
Copyright laws allow you to use up to 30 seconds of any song without infringing upon the owner's rights (even on TV). Not sure that 30 seconds will really help you though. Smile
futemagic
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of futemagic
Hey Guys,
Its definitely true that finding the right music and making it fit into your act (or making the act fit into the music) is the hardest part (after "split fans" of course).
Does anyone here use Enigma for their act?

Andrew
SolomonFrost
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of SolomonFrost
Try using anything from the MIDNIGHT SYNDICATE albums. It's cool BGM! The Realm of Shawdows CD is my favorite. Smile
Marc Levine
View Profile
Regular user
South Florida
125 Posts

Profile of Marc Levine
Futemagic, I use Enigma in my act. I'm so glad a friend of mine introduced them to me. It's great magic music. Enjoy
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13348 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I suspect that music from Circque Du Soliel would be fantastic.

Some of it has that circus sound.
Some is techno, etc.

Great stuff.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
BryanDreyfus
View Profile
Loyal user
293 Posts

Profile of BryanDreyfus
Bill White has 5 CDs of royalty-free music for magic - all types of music....some are used on a teaching video.

Bryan
Oh sure, I can spell "Antidisestablishmentarianism", but I can't type t-h-e.
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
This is really going to sound dumb, but maybe stuff from Bruce Faulconer.
If you punch a wall so hard your knee hurts your goal has been accomplished.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
I use different kinds of music for different acts (e.g in my gangster act, I use the music from Perry Maison for the cigarets, but when I do the same routine in my some-what more serius act in tails, I use French café music played on mustte acordion.
In the same "tail" act, I also use the musette acordion music for the balls, but in the cabaret act, I preform the routine to big band music.
Most often when I preform for schools or teenagers at a grand ball or at a party, I preform my manipulations to the music from "Variations" by Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber. This seems to work well for both parts as the music is clasical, but with a modern beat. It is based on a piece by Paganini. Mr Lloyd Webber has put in some modern vreiations with a good beat.

Vibono Magic
Sweden
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
Marcus Taylor
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Marcus Taylor
I use Rag Time - Scott Joplin's pieces, a Breeze from Alabama, the Entertainer, Swipesy, etc. They are brill for my manip. act.
Magically Yours,

Marcus Taylor

marcus-magic@hotmail.com
Evan Williams
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Evan Williams
Do a search on Kazaa for "breakdance music" or "dance beat". You will find some good techno music.
schmitty65
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of schmitty65
I use a song that is half classical and techno. I found it on one of my moms 70's cd.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
A great way to find some great music for magic is to got to the area in the record store, usually in the back, that no one ever ventures into any more. This is the area for jazz and new age music.

If you start by buying some compilation cd's or "Best Of" cd's, it is a great way to check out some cool sounds that you may not have heard before that may be perfect for your acts or even spark other routines.

If you also go to FYI, you can take a cd and scan it and listen to some new music before you even purchase it. There is some great stuff out there just waiting to be found.
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
Final Fantasy music is good also.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
My only reccomendation for using music is to try and stay away from music in movies or music that is too common place. The reason for this is that there is a tendancy for other magicians to over use the music.

Like anything in your act, you want your music to be orginal and unique to your act. I find that visiting the record store and keeping my ear tuned to new and different sounds, helps me to establish a music collection as well as music that is not only good, but different and not overused.

I have a very large magic music collection and would not mind sharing some of my music ideas and concepts with others should anyone like suggestions. I have way more music then I have acts for. lol =)
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
MagicDiva
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia
43 Posts

Profile of MagicDiva
While I haven't performed on stage yet, I was thinking that when I do I would like to have Enya or Enigma playing. Plus it also depends on what I am going to perform. I think I would like to incorporate some sort of dancing while I am on stage too. Maybe a routine involving dancing and card manipulations. Hmmmm! I feel like practicing that now!

-Amelia Smile
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
I do a routine of dancing and manipulations - it's good fun!!
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
Do you do a little dance, make a little magic and smash that groove thing or do you pull a toe here toe there bit? Smile

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
Since this thread started I have since changed my music. Currently I am using Shikira's Objection Tango to do a billiard ball manipulation. My daughter starts out dancing with me at the start of the song then dances off stage.

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Music?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL