The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Doc vs. Conely (A High Level of Discussion) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
Who are the ones that will not be blamed for nothing? Smile

Goulston Street graffiti Tommy?
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2484 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Sigh....let's all be friends Smile

Besides, we are here to help each other...not bicker.
Long Island,

New York
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3080 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Tommy and Silverking, you're not going to bring the Freemasons into this, are you?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15815 Posts

Profile of tommy
Smile What makes me laugh is The Phantom is one the most insulting and obnoxious little twerps as is evidenced in is blog. All the boys did here was give a little constructive critique about his work, which I can only assume was misconstrued as being somewhat harsh by some.

As for showing film of others work, lets just say it is always a good idea to ask for permission before showing it.

Onward
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1253 Posts

Profile of splice
Quote:
On 2007-10-24 12:11, tommy wrote:
lets just say it is always a good idea to ask for permission before showing it

And always a bad idea to assume the poster did not have permission or does not know what comes of posting videos without consent.

I'd say Doc doesn't need advice about what to do with his videos. Probably knows better what his teachers think of it more than y'all do, but that's just me assuming, so take it for what it's worth.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15815 Posts

Profile of tommy
What makes you presume it is an assumption? What makes you presume that I have assumed that Doc posted a film without permission? What makes presume that my advice is meant for Doc in particular?
I have assumed nothing of that for your information. So do you have a point or are you here to simply kiss Doc's ass?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1253 Posts

Profile of splice
Quote:
On 2007-10-24 14:57, tommy wrote:
What makes you presume it is an assumption? What makes you presume that I have assumed that Doc posted a film without permission? What makes presume that my advice is meant for Doc in particular?
I have assumed nothing of that for your information. So do you have a point or are you here to simply kiss Doc's ass?

I didn't assume anything, I wasn't talking to you. I was simply following up on what you said.

What makes you assume that I thought you were lecturing Doc? Why do you assume that what I was saying was directed specifically at you? It goes both ways, doesn't it? So if you were just giving advice, so was I. Take it or leave it, like I said, and I don't give a **** either way.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15815 Posts

Profile of tommy
Quote]
On 2007-10-19 23:52, Mr. Z wrote:
How about Doc posts clips of himself doing all this stuff for once instead of constantly throwing up clips of other guys (without their permission) just to gain popularity among this crowd? I just find it sad.

Doc seems ignorant to the fact that his behavior on this site makes it back to his "teachers" and they are none too happy about it. But you do what you gotta do...
[/quote]

I don’t know if that is true or false. However I am going to assume it is. How does that grab you?

Tommy
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1253 Posts

Profile of splice
Quote:
On 2007-10-24 17:05, tommy wrote:
I don’t know if that is true or false. However I am going to assume it is. How does that grab you?

I think it's sad that you think Doc is so stupid as to be ignorant of what his teachers think of what he's doing. Other than that it's no skin off my nose, and I'd prefer you not try to grab me, I don't swing that way.
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Okay, okay, okay I was wrong.

Wow it looks like the whole felt forum is at each others throat....Can we all just get along?

Doc
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1253 Posts

Profile of splice
Sad to hear that Doc... Anyway it's your problem to take care of, not my business...

I'm sure I'd get along fine with Tommy... We share a similar opinion of the Phantom for one Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15815 Posts

Profile of tommy
Splice

:) I see you fell into my trap.

"I don’t know if that is true or false. However I am going to assume it is. How does that grab you?"

Is what? True or False? Smile

Tommy
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1253 Posts

Profile of splice
Since you were telling us the same thing as the passage you quoted, I assumed you were saying it is true. Otherwise your position wouldn't make sense.

Regardless it doesn't matter anymore since Doc said he was wrong.

And since you seem more interested in playing games and arguing to little purpose, I see no reason to continue replying to you. Good day.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15815 Posts

Profile of tommy
Splice

The point was to show you that we are not reading what is actually being said. Having reread the above I believe I am as guilty as anyone of misreading things. If only people had simply read what was actually being said in the original thread by CC, Z and Ron carefully then the nonsense that ensued could have been avoided I believe. I am sorry for being impolite.

Tommy
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2484 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Doc has been known to post some of the finest work that I have seen on coolers, strippers, table shift/pass, etc.

So, he does share his own material.

I personally believe that his openness should be treated with respect ! .... and I personally feel that it is an honor to know him....especially as a member of this forum !
Long Island,

New York
onbekende020
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
89 Posts

Profile of onbekende020
Once again DOC, great video... and again I was to late saving it on my computer, dammit!

USM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Doc vs. Conely (A High Level of Discussion) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL