The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Splash Bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
How many of you use a Splash Bottle in your act?
Is it easy to notice underneath the jacket?
What size is the bottle?
Can the bottle hold liquid?
Thank you

Posted: Oct 20, 2007 4:49pm
What are the advantages and disadvantages between "Splash Bottle" and "THAT" Bottle Production?

Can any of the following be added to any of the above bottles after production?:

Airborne With Any Bottle: http://www.magictricks.com/stage/airany.htm

Celebration Bottle: http://www.magictricks.com/stage/celebott.htm

Posted: Oct 20, 2007 8:22pm
It'a alright because I just ordered Splash Bottle, Airborne with any Bottle and Celebration Bottle.
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
Hey Dynamike!

I use splash bottle when I perform for adults. Technically speaking, I could use it when performing for kids, But I have not included it in my kids show yet.

I like this gimmick because it does allow me to produce the bottle at my liesure. I don't have to do it first. If you do it on stage, the bottle will not show if you wear a jacket that is not too form fitting. You have to keep the jacket open.

I have performed this in a close up situation. I produced a champagne bottle right in front of a couple celebrating a wedding anniversary. In this particular situation, I did not feel at ease with the bottle placement. I was wearing a tux, and was keenly aware that a bulge might be noticeable by those standing arround me. My solution was simple. When doing close up for adults, I wear a tux... and a cape! Granted, the cape thing may not be for everyone, but it does fit my personnality. And it did a great job hiding any bulge! I made the bottle appear fom a couple of siks, arms fully extended away from me, and people all around... I don't know if other methods will allow this type of production, but I have to tell you, everybody were impressed.

Splash allows a production of a real bottle. It can be a standard wine bottle, water bottle... actually, you could probably produce any object that is roughly bottle shaped or sized.

The gimmick is pretty elastic, so it will fit most type of bottles. Keep in mind that you will have to do a little tugging on the neck to get it out.

If anybody else uses splash bottle, how do you do your production? Only the balloon burst?

Have a nice day!

Louis Jutras
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thank you Louis for pitching in your time. I appreiciate it. I want to see if Celebration Bottle will work with Splash Bottle. But I had a feeling something of Celebration is loose. I wonder if the tug will work with the Celebration Bottle. If not, I will custom make something for it to work. Next, I want to add Airborne With Any Bottle to Celebration Bottle. Last will be the regular rountine with Celebration Bottle. I'm thinking about a dove as the finale.

I use a jacket for all my shows. Because the rountine seems so good to me, I will even use it for kids shows. It would look odd bringing a champane bottle to a kid's show. That is why I never brought Celebration Bottle any of my years of perfoming magic. The main purpose is for my stage manipulation dove act I am presently putting together.

I do not know of how I will do the bottle production yet. But I do know it will be between a balloon or silks. Thank you again for your time.
davemajor
View Profile
Regular user
UK
184 Posts

Profile of davemajor
I use splash bottle all the time and I go between using a balloon and doing the David Stone coin with silk production. It all depends where/what the event is for instance if it is a wedding sit down meal then bursting a balloon isn't really a good thing because of the noise,
hope this helaps,
Dave Major
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thank you Dave. That does help.
davemajor
View Profile
Regular user
UK
184 Posts

Profile of davemajor
Not a problem,
that's what we are all here for lol
Dave
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5764 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I'd give my left **t for instruction on how to do the bottle productions and vanishes, as performed by Top Hat, from the Chicago area. I saw him perform, many years ago, at a wedding reception and he performed it in tight clothes and there just seemed to be no way that he could do what he did - producing small, regular and magnum sized wine bottles from an 18" silk that was run through his hand. The bottles were full and unopened! The vanish of each one was equally impressive. It was all performed away from any stage furniture. I didn't have a clue where the bottles could have come from, and still don't.
Brad Lancaster
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Brad Lancaster
I agree with Al. If you ever get to see Top Hat perform his bottle productions you will be floored.

Brad
Kevlar the Magnificent
View Profile
New user
LI New York
10 Posts

Profile of Kevlar the Magnificent
I use this all the time and get the greatest reactions that have been talked about years after people saw it (literally). I have performed this for about 4 years and think it's one of the greatest effects ever. I have walked around with this loaded under my jacket for over an hour just waiting for the perfect moment.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
What production tool you think is best for producing the "Celebration Bottle," the "Splash Bottle http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/?nd=full&key=975&tagent=local " or "This http://files.cssincorp.com/dmv/commerce.......ved_THIS "?
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
I use this in my act after producing the bottle I go into the airborn I had this idea 7 years ago I am glad that we think the same and yes it works and the gimick is well made.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Well Dahih, "Great Minds Think Alike." Smile
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1261 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Does it come with the gimmick or do they teach you how to make it?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22828 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Mike, I don't know if you have the Celebration Bottle from Morrissey Products, but it is only a very small bottle similar to a 6 or 10 ounce bottle. It uses paper spring flowers.

If you are looking for a large bottle that changes to feather flowers, talk to Abbott's Magic. They use to have a bottle that changed to flowers in a pot. Can't remember the name of the prop.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks Bill. I was in Abbotts today.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2774 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On 2013-02-17 18:45, TheMag1cian wrote:
Does it come with the gimmick or do they teach you how to make it?

"Splash Bottle" comes with the gimmick
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Damian
Hi,

I just posted this on another thread discussing this gimmick; perhaps someone here can help me. In short, the loaded bottle tends to sag away from my body and create a suspicious bulge under my jacket. I can't use the gimmick. I can't even understand how anyone could use it. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what... I have reverted to the Bob Read method, which is fine, but I own the gimmick and would like to know how others are able to stabilize the bottle, so it doesn't sag forward... Anyone?
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2774 Posts

Profile of John Long
I haven't had this problem, but can think of some reasons.

1) try a shorter bottle (mine is only 8.5"), 2) tighten your belt/pants 3) use a coat made of heavier cloth
4) don't wear a tight fitting jacket, 5) get someone else's opinion to see if they agree with your concern.

Or, may be your gimmick was made improperly (I doubt it), but depending on what's "loose", you may be able to compensate by padding inside the gimmick, or around the attachment area.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Damian
Hi John, thanks for your response. I tried it again, and made sure to tighten the belt, firmly. It does seem to compensate a bit, but even so, the bottle makes an unsightly bulge. Maybe everyone else is just wearing larger jackets, I don't know. If I just tuck the bottle ala Read, it makes a considerable difference. I guess that's why I'm confused. It's hard to see what the advantages of the gimmick are. But maybe one day I'll see David Stone at a convention and he can explain it to me. Ironically, I ended up with two of them, so I'd really like to put them to use!

In fact, while I was playing around with it tonight, I found it makes a terrific holder for my chop cup. It's all out in the open, but it looks pretty snazzy. Not cheesy, like I might have thought. Even my 3 Johnson cups sit in there very nicely.
mentalist25
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of mentalist25
I use splash bottle all the time magic show for kids and mentalism show
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Splash Bottle (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL