The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 808 (signed card in card box) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
808, the new effect by Michael Kras, is set to be released as a solo DVD very soon! Here is the effect.

The Effect

The magician has a card selected, boldly signed, and very fairly shuffled into the deck by a spectator. All the while, there has been another deck, brand new with a seal and cellophane wrapper, just sitting on the table with not even a glance from the magician. However, a spectator or two may take a glance, catching the glisten of the cellophane in the corner of their eye, and wonder why it is there. What is its purpose?

The magician attempts to find the card, failing right in front of the spectators who are trying to hold back a smile. After a few more tries, the magician searches the entire deck in a fit of frustration just looking for the missing signed card. However, it is found to be gone. There’s no logical reason for this, but since the magician hates to use an incomplete deck he decides to open the brand new one that has been sitting on the table the entire time. He gently yet rapidly tears off the cellophane covering and carefully breaks the familiar Bicycle brand deck seal. He slowly removes the deck and spreads it on the table with care. In the centre of the deck, a singe card seems out of place. In a curious attempt to remove this card from the deck, it is discovered to be the spectator’s signed card. Ahh, so THAT’S where it went.

KEEP IN MIND:

- No Palming
- No Duplicates
- No Gimmicks
- Sealed Deck NEVER Leaves Sight At All
- Seal AND Cellophane Still Intact
- Everything is Totally Examinable Including The Card Case

This DVD is scheduled to be released sometime this year, and we will keep you updated. Any thoughts? Comments? Questions?
Moonshadows
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Moonshadows
Trailer?
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
I thought Michael was done releasing his ideas? Did he not publicly state this on numerous occassion all throughout the forum? Is this being released through dealers and being professional produced, or is this something that was put together in someone's bedroom?
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Thanks for the plug Eric.

I' feel I've put off this sort of thing long enough. I just keep having new ideas come to mind and it is driving me nuts! I had to release this as there has been so much raving about it at other forums.

And yes, this will be professionally sutdio shot and produced and itr will be released through dealers.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Sounds really good I'm a buyer if the reviews hold up. Keep us posted on the release
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
How does it differ to products already out there with the same effect? Please see this as NO OFFENCE Michael, but you haven't had an idea yet which has sparked a huge interest, that is taking nothing away from you, it is stating fact, I am just giving you the opportunity now to SELL this to us Smile
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Yes, I would also like to know what makes this different. I have at least three ways I can think of immediately to accomplish the same thing. Like Christopher said, sell us on the product!
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

It differs becuase it is probably the most impossible Signed Card To Impossible Location effect concept being taken to a whole new level. There are no gimmicks and the routine is almost impromptu. This is a really showy closer that will play for about whole minutes all building up to the astounding climax.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Also, the added element of it being a brand new deck with cellophane off as well adds to the impact. And the joy of a "no palming whatsoever" is the icing on the cake. The whole routine is fairly fair and clean, and everything can be examined at the end.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
So what actually makes yours different??

How many previous versions do you have to compare??
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Agreed, I know of versions with both palming and non palming, which meet your criteria
www.magicman13.co.uk

Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Lol... Michaels reply offered no actual info, just saying things like best so far etc.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

My version is one of the better ones because, another bit of business, the sealed and cellophaned deck is in full view the entire time. The crad is not switched and the sealed deck can also have a different coloured back. I have coompared my version to many others out there and even the creators have admitted to mine being a superior method.
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Unfortunately unless you can back that up or the creators of other similar effects can testify to that, you've just dug yourself quite a deep hole. I sincerely hope that you are able to support those claims.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
What creators???

Names???

If it was that good there'd be no need for the performer to handle the deck as mch as in the description.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Still...matches versions I know of....which creators have said yours is a 'superior method' to theirs?
www.magicman13.co.uk

michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

They have specifically asked that I not mention their names as their method have not been released publicly. None of them are Café members (well, one is).

Also, in 808, everything is handled in the fairest possible manner, and the routine is virtually sleightless. If you can do a double lift, you can do 808. Also, as an added bonus, the cardc appears reversed in the sealed deck as well. Everything is just so fair!
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

By the way, thanks for challenging me here. This is actually quite fun.

Also, to respond to Y2John, the dekc isn't really handled that much. The card is lost by the spectators and the deck is shuffled by them. Afterwards, the work has been done and the card immediately vanishes from the dekc with no funny moves.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 808 (signed card in card box) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL