The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anybody else like the movie "Borat"??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
My wife refuses to watch this from what I told her about it...definitely not a "chick flick"...and there ARE a couple scenes in it I don't like that much...but there's some stuff that'll be "classic" lines in the future...just wondering!!!

"Very nice!!!"

"She say...you'll never get this...you'll never get this...then one day, he break a the cage...and he get this!!"

"...I get a glass to window...he gets a glass to window...I add a step...he adds a step...I get a clock radio...he no can afford!! Much success!!"

And lots more!!

Also how about "Transylvania 65-Thousand" fans???

"Is good...is funny."
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4164 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
My favorite scene (at least, my most memorable scene) is Borat and his business partners (?) running through the hotel conference room - filled with people - while naked.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
It was on one of the movie channels the other day... Worst thing I ever tried to watch. Smile
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
It is the best film ever created.

period.

(Okay, well, that's a joke)

The character is amazingly developed and presented extremely well.

Better than... The Saga of Joe Dirt, or anything else like that.

Only Andy Kaufman could have done better.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
I saw it...pretty funny!
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Sacha Cohen does some hilarious stuff. Bits of his Ali G show are priceless (and that includes some of the Borat and Bruno pieces).

I love the time Ali G was interviewing the religious guests ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=7YxolTgw2xs ["ain't God just like an over-hyped David Blaine?"], the time he was interviewing that drug enforcement guy ... which you can watch here http://youtube.com/watch?v=DduAbLpZDHg but it is funnier without the laff track ), and the time he was interviewing Posh and Beckham and brought up back door activities ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=P842Tmi6lrc ).

And I love the time Bruno was interviewing the people at Fashion Week in NY, and getting them to contradict themselves left and right and just generally look like idiots ( see here http://youtube.com/watch?v=tOjBYtwUP5s ["do you think consistency is important?"]).

As for the Borat movie, it WAS good but there was a little too much filler. I also saw it long after I already knew about all the good bits from friends who'd seen it. So a lot of its impact was lost on me, since I knew the good bits in advance.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2464 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
The joke was over before the trailer ended, even ... like a Saturday Night Live sketch you "get" the minute you hear the first line, but you're doomed to endure it (with nothing new) until the next commercial.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2121 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
One of the best comedy films ever...
sparks
View Profile
New user
Charlottesville, Virginia
89 Posts

Profile of sparks
I will be direct and to the point... no. I thought it was terrible.
Sparks

It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
We loved the scathing satire...especially the deleted dairy products scene which seemed to be an hommage to Robin Williams' character's first encounter with coffee product diversity in Paul Mazursky's Moscow on the Hudson. Is so?

--coupcoupdaddy
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
A well known funeral palour
603 Posts

Profile of Energizer
I've not seen it, but everyone I know who has seen it says it is disgusting. haha.

Sascha Baron-Cohen's brother, Simon, is one of the world's leading authorities on autistic spectrum disorder, and is a professor of psychology, either at Oxford or Cambridge! One of the most serious people on earth, unlike Sascha.

I was talking to a colleague at work, who said her husband had grown a moustache to look like Tom Selleck, but has ended up looking like Borat.
"We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines" - W. Axl Rose, circa 1992.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Anybody else like the movie "Borat"??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL