The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » gimic setup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hobbymagic
View Profile
New user
Houston, Texas
61 Posts

Profile of hobbymagic
This may seem like a basic question, but what is a good way to get a gimic (say hoppin halves) ready to use when table hoppin? It is not obvious, to me, how you reach into a pocket and pull out two normal looking coins that are in place ready to go.
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
615 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
You might pull them out of your pocket but keep your hand cupped. Taking out an extra coin or two gives you an excuse to pick through them (and orient them correctly) and put the other(s) away. This works well if folks are sitting down.

You might also want to segment your jacket pocket with a Klamm-style divider which would help you locate the coins you need without looking.

Or put coins into both pockets and have both hands bring coins out at the same time (even if the spectators are only aware of one of the coins).
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
When I wear blue jeans, which is a lot (not exactly what most table hoppers wear) but I keep the two hopping half coins in the
"watch pocket", the little one above the the Big right hand pocket... and they stay nice and are easy to pull with two finger on one hand.

But my preferred stash for them is to keep them in the right outside jacket pocket of my sportcoat, (which I also usually wear) in the tiny little pocket inside the big pocket, near the top towards the front.
Once again, both coins sit neatly in a
"ready position" and can be drawn out together with one hand, which I do just before performing, while putting something else away in my pocket, and my hand just comes out with the Hoppers.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
brainman
View Profile
Special user
837 Posts

Profile of brainman
Pocket Power of Jarle Leirpool will help you (video or book!).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » gimic setup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL