The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Weird TV show/ad combo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
While watching a magic show that I had taped several years ago, I happened to notice that one of the ads that I was zipping through to get to the good stuff was for a psychic service! Now THAT'S an interesting juxtaposition if ever I've seen one.

Another combo that's always fascinated me is the mixing of a show on food with diet ads or visa-versa.

Has anyone else ever seen such unusual combinations?
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
I was watching "Worlds Greatest Police Chases" (or whatever the name of it was...) and there were several ads for attorneys. Hey, if you're going to run from the cops, you're going to need some legal representation I suppose!

Also, on the show "Cheaters" the commercials always include ads for online dating services. That's creative advertising there...

Lyndel
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11174 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
There is a living version of that in a shopping center very close to me. A pizza restaurant is flanked by two other businesses, an L.A Weight Loss Center on one side, and a plus size clothing store on the other. Reminds me of the angel and devil sitting on someone's shoulders.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
One time I was watching Cops and a David Copperfeild truck drove by! Free advertising!!!
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Quote:
On 2007-10-21 12:52, clynim wrote:
While watching a magic show that I had taped several years ago, I happened to notice that one of the ads that I was zipping through to get to the good stuff was for a psychic service! Now THAT'S an interesting juxtaposition if ever I've seen one.

Another combo that's always fascinated me is the mixing of a show on food with diet ads or visa-versa.

Has anyone else ever seen such unusual combinations?

I've seen many, I can't begin to remember them all though. Best as I recall, though, it is deliberate.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I watched a news show that bashed the heck out of either BMW or Mercedes and which ever one it was ran commercials in just about every break.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
I remember during the last Copperfield special (Tornado of Fire), here in Las Vegas there was an ad for the Monte Carlo, mostly featuring Lance Burton. I thought that was a little bit funny.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2806 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I remember someone complaining that he didn't want the Star Wars films on regular television because he could see Yoda telling Luke "Control, control, you must learn control!" Fade to commercial; "You can learn to control wetness with Arid Extra Dry. We all laughed.

OK, watching "Poltergeist" on regular television. They've just done the sequence where the kid is being eaten by the tree and the door opens up on Carol Ann with the light behind it. She gets picked up by the force and driven through the door. Fade to commercial; A woman is watching televison as the door to the refrigerator opens, a bright light behind it. She gets picked up by the force of the power and carried through the room into the refrigerator where she eats a cake! It was an ad for weight loss control.
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2007-10-21 12:52, clynim wrote:

That essentially happened on the show Phenomenon just this evening. At least in my area, an on-line astrology consulting service ran an ad during the show.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Weird TV show/ad combo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL