The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Surveillance Video/ 3 Men Switching Cards - Blackjack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
461 Posts

Profile of Clock
I remember watchng a scam on one of those "Cheating in Las Vegas" Shows. There was a quick surveillance clip of three men (sitting next to eachother) switching cards in full view by "flicking" the cards to eachother.

3 men openly flick the cards across the table in less than a second.

Does anyone know what video I'm talking about and have any more info on the guys/scam/where to find that video or get a tape of the show?

Thanks
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, NV
826 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Actually it wasn't blackjack, they were taking off one of the jackpots at Caribbean Stud. The takeoff man hits a royal flush for over $100,000 or so. Pretty cool clip, it took them several days to set it all up. I don't know how much of it was featured on the various tv shows, but in the full surveillance vid the guy just hit six figures and his accomplices (the other players they pose as) are as stone-faced as can be, a major tell.
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19862 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wow I am glad you mentioned that!

NOBODY at a table that hits a jackpot is stonefaced. The excitement is so contagious you get caught up in it! Well sorry for saying NOBODY, but very few. Few enough for it to be a tell for sure.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, NV
826 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
The guy who won starts clapping once he hit it but that's about as "excited" as they got. I'm pretty sure surveillance was tipped off ahead of time as they got a great view of the whole play and there was more than enough there to nail them.

Another tipoff was 3 guys sitting elbow to elbow all looking at each other's hands--each has the makings of a Royal in their respective hands and it's just a matter of getting them to the guy with the bet--all in all a very well-rehearsed and executed scam.
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
461 Posts

Profile of Clock
Sounds like they got so caught up in making the move look good they forgot about acting! I'm sure they were all quite scared.

I wish I could find it again because, if I remember, it looks very cool.
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15825 Posts

Profile of tommy
I think you can get the video for about $10 from the History channel.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
461 Posts

Profile of Clock
Whats the name of the show?
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15825 Posts

Profile of tommy
Was it Cheating Las Vasgas? I cant recall. Was there also a film of a young lady putting in a cooler at black jack. I made a post about it once but my memory is bad.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, NV
826 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Quote:
On 2007-10-24 07:45, tommy wrote:
I made a post about it once but my memory is bad.

^Among other things.

Cheating Las Vegas might be it but there are so many of these things.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15825 Posts

Profile of tommy
Smile Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Surveillance Video/ 3 Men Switching Cards - Blackjack (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL