The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Dark Waltz in Hard copy (58 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
The content is the same,
and a book is all about quality content,
but what a tangible pleasure it was to receive my
real, printed, bound copy of the wonder-filled "Dark Waltz".

As Pinocchio said: "gee, I'm a *real* boy now!"
And so is the treat of getting this as a real book.
Thanks Michael for putting out a version for the rest of us.

I hope you sell many, many for a long, long time.
(but, not too many…
some of the stuff you tip is too good for general consumption!)

Magically,
Walt
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, MS
589 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
Quote:
On 2007-11-17 16:50, SpellbinderEntertainment wrote:

Thanks Michael for putting out a version for the rest of us.

Magically,
Walt

I agree with Walt. Thank you. I got mine today and hope to put in some time reading it here soon.

Alton
Bizarrist
View Profile
Loyal user
The Man of Mystery
236 Posts

Profile of Bizarrist
Looks like I better jump in. Thanks to all who've commented on this title and to the author for making it available.

SW
The Most Beautiful Experience We Can Have is the Mysterious.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Not ready for a full review (though all my reviews are mini Smile ) but this is an outstanding book. I'm really enjoying reading it and finding so many cool tidbits.
It looks good too so you can leave it out! Recommended! Real review to come.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Real-ish Review in Books on the Café.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Rosemary
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of Rosemary
Good, NOW I'll consider buying it. Despite all the reviews, I do hate e-books. It's just so hard to take a PC to bed. And a print-out of them isn't that charming either.
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
My book is here and I love it! Great stuff...

Eric
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Paul Draper
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, Nevada
245 Posts

Profile of Paul Draper
Michael J. Fraughton's Bizarre Magick book “The Dark Waltz” ~ Arcane Version. A special 20th anniversary limited edition. Re-imagined in mid 1800's British Academic English and art with additional materials and contributions, elegantly presented in a hardbound edition. with additional contributions from - Paul Draper, Erick Machamer, Mark Edward, Jennifer duQuesnay and Professor BC. Limited to 50 copies. Official release date is Dia de Muertos November 1st 2015.
Preorder is now online.
£66.6
www.BizarreMagic.com
Jiggery-Pokery
View Profile
New user
Scotland
55 Posts

Profile of Jiggery-Pokery
Good evening gentle friends -
I am very pleased to share a very special edition of Michael Fraughton's Dark Waltz. As producer and co developer of the original Visions of Midnight which featured much of the material in the original book I have produced this special edition as a twentieth anniversary celebration.

Michael and I have been working hard from opposite sides of the Atlantic to bring this forward to you and together with some very special friends who have contributed new chapters we want to say thank you for all the years of magic we have created together !

The Dark Waltz ~ Arcane Version
An elegant 20th anniversary edition of the Dark Waltz by Michael J Fraughton completely reimagined in the form of mid 1800’s British Academic English, updated art and sepia plate photos, new bonus contributions and more.
Over thirty chapters of essential bizarre magic and thoughts with details and scripts, as well as explanations on creating powerful effects.

Over twenty complete effects, scripts and narratives, to fuel your imagination including the Crystal Spirit Bell, Summoning of the Beast and How to Control 10,000 Minds.
It contains assistance, contributions, and ideas from Jeff McBride, Christian Chelman, Mark Edward, Tobias Beckwith, Eugene Burger, Jennifer duQuesnay, Erick Machamer, Dino Aragona and more.

Special additional Arcane Version guests have contributed chapters with their own thoughts and effects including Jennifer duQuesnay, Erick Machamer, Paul Draper and Professor BC.

Hardbound black on black with heavy silk pages and red placeholder ribbon – a lovely physical book to match the timeless contents it contains.

Limited to fifty numbered and signed copies.
Pre sales will begin in October 2015
Book release Dia de Muertos
Shipping from scotland to most places.

£66.6

www.BizarreMagic.com
www.Osymandias.uk
Invovo legem magicarum
Pizpor
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Pizpor
Any word if shipping of these has begun?
Jiggery-Pokery
View Profile
New user
Scotland
55 Posts

The books are all being individually numbered and wrapped and packaged. - they should be in the post Monday.
Invovo legem magicarum
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2015, Jiggery-Pokery wrote:
The books are all being individually numbered and wrapped and packaged. - they should be in the post Monday.

Excellent news! Can't wait to see this. Any time scale for the crystal bells?
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
topherhester
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of topherhester
I read the first post of this thread and got excited thinking the Dark Waltz was $35 for a hard copy lol. Then saw it was from 2007!

I still plan on getting the ebook soon though as everyone rants and raves about it. I'm sure it's great!
Jiggery-Pokery
View Profile
New user
Scotland
55 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 4, 2015, topherhester wrote:
I read the first post of this thread and got excited thinking the Dark Waltz was $35 for a hard copy lol. Then saw it was from 2007!

I still plan on getting the ebook soon though as everyone rants and raves about it. I'm sure it's great!

The Arcane Edition is very different. The original content has been re edited linguistically and the scripts have been taken back to an earlier British academic English. It has all new artwork and photo images, printed on 150gsm heavy silk paper in a hard back with placeholder ribbon. It also has additional chapters for the anniversary edition from a number of friends and colleagues ..

The e book does not contain these things ..
Invovo legem magicarum
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Are you telling me this has not sold out at only 50 copies??!!

interesting....
Puzzling...
sad?
Jiggery-Pokery
View Profile
New user
Scotland
55 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 4, 2015, the Sponge wrote:

interesting....
Puzzling...
sad?

I have not told you anything of the sort. But since you have thrown out such a statement I will tell you there is one copy left for sale - number 50.
Invovo legem magicarum
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:

I have not told you anything of the sort. But since you have thrown out such a statement I will tell you there is one copy left for sale - number 50.

But you did somehow, (or I am psychic) since I was/am correct.
Smile
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2015, the Sponge wrote:

interesting....
Puzzling...
sad?

Grab it. Do not think. Do not hesitate. Grab it. You will not be sorry. I was fortunate to be asked to contribute and have seen the mock-up. In fact, I own the original version and treasure it above rubies. If you do not grab this last one I promise you that you will wish you had.

(I earn nothing from the sale of these books, btw; I am just that big a fan of Fraughton and his thinking. This is a marvelous book. Do not miss out.)

BC
Phasmologist
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Yay!! Snagged the last copy, on the strength of Prof BC's enthusiastic praise. Though I've been curious, I've never read the original, and am very much looking forward to diving into the special edition.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4697 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Quote:

I guess I will be camping out by the mailbox for the next few weeks then. ;-)
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Dark Waltz in Hard copy (58 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL