The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Cheater caught in casino (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

h2o
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of h2o
Nice video of a cheater being caught cheating at blackjack with a glim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NimCo3zL4FA

The cheat seems to be a bodybuilder so it's quite funny how they literally jump on him...

This technique to glimpse at cards seems to be the poor man version of those who use micro cameras hidden in their sleeves. By the way, I wonder if it's a pretty common technique used by cheaters in casinos or if it's really an unusual move...
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Thanks, that was intresting. Good find.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2484 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
The clip is a copy of part of a show on the Travel Channel on cheating in casinos.

It was at least a couple of years old.

But, Please keep us informed....I would rather see these posts than miss a good clip...thanks !
Long Island,

New York
Ron Conley
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Ron Conley
This incident happened about 15 years ago. The tape got out, it was all over the place. I have seen clips twice on television. In the original non edited version the whole table is turned over, chips and cards go flying it looked like a football game. The player and his muscle were both tackled to the floor, the muscle was knocked about ten feet before he went down. The player somehow managed to throw the device in the air even with several Gaming Control agents on him. As soon as he was cuffed up the agents went looking for the evidence, when one finds it he holds it up for the others to see then puts it in his top pocket.

Before this incident happened I kept hearing stories about "the cowboy and his muscle" making these plays all over Vegas, when the heat came they would fight their way out, guess the GC guys got tired of getting beat up. They do have guns but don't want to pull them out in the casino. Hope my memory has served me well...........Ron
h2o
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of h2o
Quote:
On 2007-10-24 17:34, Ron Conley wrote:
This incident happened about 15 years ago. The tape got out, it was all over the place. I have seen clips twice on television. In the original non edited version the whole table is turned over, chips and cards go flying it looked like a football game. The player and his muscle were both tackled to the floor, the muscle was knocked about ten feet before he went down. The played somehow managed to throw the device in the air even with several Gaming Control agents on him. As soon as he was cuffed up the agents went looking for the evidence, when one finds it he holds it up for the others to see then puts it in his top pocket.

Before this incident happened I kept hearing stories about "the cowboy and his muscle" making these plays all over Vegas, when the heat came they would fight their way out, guess the GC guys got tired of getting beat up. They do have guns but don't want to pull them out in the casino. Hope my memory has served me well...........Ron


Wow Ron, thanks for giving some details of this story (I assume that it's related to this video, so I just quoted your post to put it here)

I like books about casino real life stories and a couple of months ago I've read the book "Dummy Up and Deal: Inside the Culture of Casino Dealing" by H. Lee Barnes. But I wonder if there's any book more related with "cheating and cheaters stories" inside casinos?
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, NV
826 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Quote:
On 2007-10-24 17:53, h2o wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-10-24 17:34, Ron Conley wrote:
This incident happened about 15 years ago. The tape got out, it was all over the place. I have seen clips twice on television. In the original non edited version the whole table is turned over, chips and cards go flying it looked like a football game. The player and his muscle were both tackled to the floor, the muscle was knocked about ten feet before he went down. The played somehow managed to throw the device in the air even with several Gaming Control agents on him. As soon as he was cuffed up the agents went looking for the evidence, when one finds it he holds it up for the others to see then puts it in his top pocket.

Before this incident happened I kept hearing stories about "the cowboy and his muscle" making these plays all over Vegas, when the heat came they would fight their way out, guess the GC guys got tired of getting beat up. They do have guns but don't want to pull them out in the casino. Hope my memory has served me well...........Ron


Wow Ron, thanks for giving some details of this story (I assume that it's related to this video, so I just quoted your post to put it here)

I like books about casino real life stories and a couple of months ago I've read the book "Dummy Up and Deal: Inside the Culture of Casino Dealing" by H. Lee Barnes. But I wonder if there's any book more related with "cheating and cheaters stories" inside casinos?


Loaded Dice by John Soares, and most recently American Roulette and World's Greatest Gambling Scams both by Richard Marcus. You can choose what to believe or not in these books, it is up to debate, but there are elements of truth in all of them...
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
fless
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of fless
I just received Richard Marcus' book. I am curious; what is debatable in it? Stupid question, but is there a lot of lore/fantasies in "scam books"?
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, NV
826 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Quote:
On 2007-10-26 04:17, fless wrote:
I just received Richard Marcus' book. I am curious; what is debatable in it? Stupid question, but is there a lot of lore/fantasies in "scam books"?


Mainly his claimed monetary success and the frequency with which he claims to have done it. Yes, to answer your question, there is a great deal of embellishment when it comes to scam books.

Marcus was a real cheat, however. If you've seen the Breaking Vegas special they had former Griffin Investigators and other casino bosses on commenting on his run with the "Savannah" move.

I've also privately seen surveillance footage of Marcus at the MGM Grand switching a bet on a 21 game.
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
fless
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of fless
Thx Mr Z! I am mainly interested in the methods; how to do it, whether it works etc. The savannah thing is the main event of the book I guess, nice it's genuine then...
h2o
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of h2o
Mr Z, we can believe that the savannah move has been "invented" and done by Richard Marcus in many casinos, but are you aware if this move has been reused and still being used todays in the Las Vegas casinos?
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, NV
826 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Quote:
On 2007-10-26 05:37, h2o wrote:
Mr Z, we can believe that the savannah move has been "invented" and done by Richard Marcus in many casinos, but are you aware if this move has been reused and still being used todays in the Las Vegas casinos?


No idea, although if I had to speculate I'd say yes.
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Cheater caught in casino (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL