The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Magicians who sell DVD's after shows? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

busterjuggler
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia travelling worldwide now
352 Posts

Profile of busterjuggler
So I know that Jugglers will sell a DVD of there whole show usuallly with a juggling tutorial. Do you guys do the same thing but with a magic show?

James
James BuSTAR
Australia's Comedy Juggling Superstar
info@jamesbustar.com
http://www.jugglingsuperstar.com
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
I know that Kevin and Cindy Spencer have a DVD that they sell after their show, but it's pretty much a documentary of their Tai-Pai (sp?) shows. It's actually really good and very enlightening. I found it really interesting to see what all goes in to traveling with a big illusion show.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20185 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I know of a few magicians who actually make a little bit doing it.

I sell coppies of the hypnosis show. I tape EVERY show and they can buy their dad doing goofy stuff. A natural sell.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2571 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
I tried it for a while.
It worked and brought in some cash but I was never really happy with the idea of selling the act for people to own. I'm also a bit old school when it comes to the mystery and mystique of theatre and think that generally the performers should do their stuff and then kind of evaporate into the wings at the end of the show. Turning up at the back of the theatre and effectively turning into a barrow boy selling his wears never sat very comfortably with me. Counting the money I made from doing this obviously lessened the discomfort but never by enough for me.

Neal
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
impossible man
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of impossible man
Neal:

I respect your opinion and can in a sense feel the same way. Would it mitigate things for you to point out that when people love your show enough to want to learn some magic themselves you are promoting and perpetuating the art?
Dean Gilbert
Impossible Man
www.impossibleman.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Magicians who sell DVD's after shows? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL