The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Against my better judgement (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeremy Brown
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Jeremy Brown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLTaTufyULY

Just comment however you want. Rip it apart. Do as you wish. Just wanted to show some old stuff.
Jeremy Brown
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Jeremy Brown
I will be leaving the video up one more day.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2484 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I happen to like the switch...while I could not see the "actual" switch....I was not happy with the hand cover that you used to cover the dirty work.

I also tend to wonder what the angles look like ? I suspect it may flash from the sides ?..... But, it is hard to tell from the clip.
Long Island,

New York
papermechanic
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of papermechanic
Jeremy what if you could some how have your cover hand put your chip in as you covered the switch instead of putting it in after?
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1901 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2007-10-25 16:09, Jeremy Brown wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLTaTufyULY

Just comment however you want. Rip it apart. Do as you wish. Just wanted to show some old stuff.

what were you trying to do?
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Andrei
View Profile
Veteran user
Romania
353 Posts

Profile of Andrei
Means it worked.
Jeremy Brown
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Jeremy Brown
Thank you papermechanic,expertmagician and all that responded.

To answer expertmagician-All of my moves are most generally covered from side views as well as front. I was taught from the get go that you don't do a switch that doesn't look good from the side. The cover you talked about is definately somthing I have worked on. At that time I only had half of the switch completed. I just like this clip for magical purposes.

To answer papermechanic-I actually thought of this right after I made this video. The cover is different, but the concept is the same-not actually "intentionally" covering with the hand. I think we are on the same page.

To anyone who didn't get a chance to see the video pm me.

Jeremy
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
For the record Jeremy is showing ya'll one of his worst ones. Jeremy as far a cold decking is concerned the best that I know.

Doc
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2484 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Doc,

That is a strong statement from you Doc, considering that you fooled me when you showned me some of your cold decking moves.

Amazing !

I hope he posts some of the good stuff or publishes a teaching DVD Smile
Long Island,

New York
Ron Conley
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Ron Conley
I thought the video was interesting. The action is compleatly covered, the "step" hints at the half deck. The idea of setting up a reason for going back "the chip" is nice. Thanks for sharing.
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
On 2007-10-30 09:00, Expertmagician wrote:
Doc,

That is a strong statement from you Doc, considering that you fooled me when you showned me some of your cold decking moves.

Amazing !

I hope he posts some of the good stuff or publishes a teaching DVD Smile

The moves that Jeremy has shown me are original with him. He has taken cold decking to another level. To me Jeremy is the Steve Forte of Cold Decking; the Torch has been passed.

Respectfully,

Doc

P.S. I hope that he doesn't put out a video. For the record all of you students who are now teachers in your area who did not show stuff or took stuff down at my request, I just want to publicly thank you.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15815 Posts

Profile of tommy
Naturally one needs an excuse for to cover the deck and squaring and picking up the deck is a good enough reason. I often straighten and pick the deck from the table using two hands. It must look natural though and not simply be invisible for the reason that it is under cover. The cover itself can create suspicion and if there is a weakness in this switch that is it. I think cover hand needs to do look more like it is there to square as the excuse for being there or something. As Jeremy said I just like this clip for magical purposes. I think it does not need much more for it to be good for the table. Like Ron I think it is interesting. I would like to know the mechanics of it so I could study and play with it. Thanks you any way for showing us.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Tommy you have a better chance at studying mine than Jeremy's; his handling stupefied me until he showed me. Oh one more thing...if you saw any of his other ones you would immediately not want to study this one.

I didn't pass the Torch on for nothing.

Take Care

Doc
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
Jeremy's cold decking is some of the best I've seen. I've seen a lot of his switches and they've all been excellent. He's constantly thinking and trying out new ideas, and that's how you become an expert.

Now, if he'd only travel...
Jeremy Brown
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Jeremy Brown
Quote:
On 2007-11-02 16:22, walking_liberty wrote:
Jeremy's cold decking is some of the best I've seen. I've seen a lot of his switches and they've all been excellent. He's constantly thinking and trying out new ideas, and that's how you become an expert.

Let me tell you this guy is the real deal holifield with dice.

Jeremy
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
On 2007-11-02 17:29, Jeremy Brown wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-11-02 16:22, walking_liberty wrote:

Let me tell you this guy is the real deal holifield with dice.

Jeremy

I second that...

Doc
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Against my better judgement (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL