We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » "Mind, Myth, And Magick" by T. A. Waters (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mr.Crebar
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Mr.Crebar
Money is tight right now, but I love stong mentalism, how good is this one guys?
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
It's good. You can always get welfare. No, my wife doesn't think I'm funny either.
What would Wavy do?
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4397 Posts

Profile of Paul
At the end of the day, the mentalism is as strong as YOU make it. Smile
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2497 Posts

Profile of Chris K
It's a great source for ideas.
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
I can make a living only with this ONE Book
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
This is a fantastic book!

Mark.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It is one of the top books to me.
v_alfano
View Profile
New user
Napoli, Italia
98 Posts

Profile of v_alfano
Simply a MUST HAVE. It's a collection of previous book of TA Waters. And it's really good: from psychometry to prediction, from tarot to reading...
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Get it... no more questions!!!
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-10-26 17:03, Mr.Crebar wrote:
Money is tight right now, but I love stong mentalism, how good is this one guys?

BTW, do you already have "13 Steps To Mentalism?"
CarlD
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of CarlD
Buy it. Very few books have such a range of ideas. If you're hoping to write your own material, this is THE source of inspiration.

CarlD
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
It's a great book, but worth remembering is that Waters wasn't really a performer as much as he was a thinker.
Most folks place this book in the top 4 or 5 mentalism books of all time, but are also quick to point out that not every effect in it is an ideal one to perform live.

Having read the book more than a few times I'm not sure I agree that some effects aren't for performance if one was seriously enough inclined to want to perform every single effect in the book.

Suffice it to say that the book contains MORE than enough practical material for performance, and MORE than enough material designed to stimulate your mind into thinking more about the craft and what's possible.

As others have said above, it's a must have.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3207 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
My favorite effect is the one with the dancing monkey demon. Now, I carry a monkey with me everywhere I go.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2502 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
A "must have"!
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
If mentalism is your thing, this book is a must, together with Corinda's 13 Steps to Mentalism, and Annemann's Practical Mental Effects.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5856 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Silverking,

Did you ever get the chance to see Thomas perform?
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
No Tom, I live in the wrong part of the continent to have been able.

But my post referred anecdotally to the fact that Waters is remembered by most folks today not for his live performances, but for his written record....and primarily this book.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5856 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Having seen him perform, I can report that I found him to "have the chops" as I stated in another of Mr. Crebar's topics.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=15&14

I found him to be very much a performer. He was an actor as well, for any who did not know.

I can't account for the quantity of his performing, but I can attest to the quality!

Cheers,

Tom
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Mind, Myth, and Magick is a must. In addition to a wealth of "workers", there are also what Harry Lorayne might call pathway ideas. Simply a watershed volume for mentalists and Bizarreists.

Best,
Vlad
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
This thread got me re-reading Mr. Waters classic. While I have already heartily recommended this book in this thread, I am simply astounded by what I missed upon the first reading.

If TRIONIC was sold as a seperate effect today (with DVD lol) it would easily sell for 50.00.

What can I say? BUY BOOKS!!

Best,
Vlad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » "Mind, Myth, And Magick" by T. A. Waters (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL