The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Chaos 2 - Great Reactions! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
Ok -- my card chops are slim to none, so a "sleightless" Triumph effect in the form of Chaos2 was begging me to part with my money. It's a Mark Elsdon effect from Alacazam that I got from my local dealer, Magic Sojourn. http://www.alakazam.co.uk/acatalog/Card_Magic_34.html#a314

All I can say is WOW! Learning this was a treat, and performing it has gotten solid amazed reactions right out of the gate. I'm having as much fun with this as my "predictions" with the invisible deck, the first gaffed cards I got. And everyone who's participated in it as a spectator has enjoyed it.

The only "sleight", if you can call it that, is cutting right to a key card in one of the phases, and if you don't nail it, you can still do the phase, although I haven't had that happen in performance yet. The instructions are vague on how to accomplish this aspect if you're a true newbie amateur such as me, but thanks to a few good classic books, and a re-read of the instrcutions for the effect, not a big issue.

I practiced this for a good 2 weeks to get it to flow naturally and to get the sequence of the phases down so it came without thinking. I believe that someone much younger than I with a little more free time on her hands could do this easily without much preparation. The sequencing builds well to the climax. I found that the structure of this particular effect helped me to focus on what I wanted the spectators to get out of each phase.

Very well thought out, well-routined, easily re-set -- a simple stunner.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Chaos 2 - Great Reactions! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL