The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Bad to the balloon 3? mark? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Quote:
On 2007-11-07 22:09, Ryan Matney wrote:
Spreaking of the horse..I have real trouble with it. It's not very forgiving with preportions like some others. But BTTB #2 was the first time I had encountered the deep hook/apple twist. I'm gettin' it down...

My penguin is always twice as big as Mark's too. Looks totally fine and normal otherwise, just twice as big as the one on the DVD.

Try making the ears a quarter of the size of the muzzle. As for the penguin make the head bigger to reduce the size of the body.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-11-07 16:55, dave_matkin wrote:
Mark PMd you ...... I'm going to buy BTTB tomorrow ........

you have 48 hours to film adn pricude 3, 4 and 5!!!!

no sleep till ..... well bed time!

Wow can I get 100 more people like Dave!!! Then I can get Tiny Tim that operation he needs...
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
Belleque
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Belleque
I'd just like to second the nomination for holiday and birthday hats on the 3rd DVD! We need hats here in Montana. It snows alot!! Thanks for you DVD's!
wardini
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of wardini
I have btb 1 and 2 and am slowly learning them. I have found that these are now the only ones I tend to make most of the time now. Shark and Dolphin are great, quick easy and my kids can make them two.

I have trouble with the hair on the mermaid, the first two bubbles at the side but the third bubble on the top I can't get the hang of, any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I did three hours of balloons at a local fete last weekend and I'd only just got btb 2 but the morning of the fete I learnt the butterfly and it went down a storm, between me and my daughter we must have made fifty plus. Worth getting the DVD just for that. (Although I expect once I leran the T-Rex that will be popular too.)

I tend to find I only make models which use 260s as it's a drama trying to keep different types of balloons available. I'm also not too keen on 'splitting' balloons as I don't like to use my teeth.

Just my thoughts.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Thanks for the comments!!

As to the Mermaid hair did you check out the twist menu? It shows the mermaid hair in greater detail there. As for a text response it seems the problem most people have with the hair is twisting off a small section of the back of the hair. remedy if this is your problem try making an ear twist on top of the head once the two balloon are tied together. That is what I am doing when I bring the bubbles up the side of the head.

As to splitting a balloon there is many ways; I just choose to bite it. Larry Moss told me I shouldn't show that on DVD ... well it is how I perform regularly. Never have I had anyone reject one of my creation due to my cooties all over it.

You can instead have a envelope opener with the encased razor in the plastic mounted on your belt. TMeyers carries them, You can use scissors, you can split it with your fingers not hard to do just need to develop the knack.

The T-Rex is very popular too! Try the fishing pole though it is quite simple the action of it on a 2-3 year old is incredible!! they will chase it for hours.

Sometime after my 45th birthday next week I will get together with my producer and see about putting out BTTB # 3 before the Holidays.

Seems I got some time before Dave puts his order in.....
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
wardini
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of wardini
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response. re. The mermaid hair. I had checked the twisting menu but still couldn't really see what was going on. (Not your fault, I think due to the nature of the move it's difficult to film from a decent angle.) I'll watch and try again with the ear twist idea. It's a great model but I don't perfom it yet because I often pop the balloons trying to do that top hair twist.

I meant to say above that the monkey in the tree is good also. I was doing a different version before but yours is better. (I'm not saying the others on the DVD aren't good but these are the ones I have learnt and performed so far, so I know they go down well.)
musicgutbucket
View Profile
New user
South east UK
44 Posts

Profile of musicgutbucket
Hi mark,
I would like to say that your hat balloons in 1 & 2 is all I do............oh and the blasted sword Smile Like others I think the idea of the themed hats is good. What about christmas dedicated as wel (just a couple). I'm having probs with the fly. I can't seem to get the eye the right size.
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Thanks MGB,

What is happening with the fly? are you locking the eye loop? the round or heart should be be blown all the way then let half the air out. That should help.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
flekka
View Profile
Regular user
wirral, england,
186 Posts

Profile of flekka
Mark,
Just got to say the first 2 DVD'S are fantastic I really enjoy them and will purchase the next as soon as it is released,
I am new to balloon twisting and a compleate novice, but the dvd's are a great help and my nephew's/niece's love them, (even though they need a bit more practise on them)

john.
what you achieve in life echo's for eternety
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Awww Shucks.... thanks.

It is funny though ... many people wonder whether a novice can do this from the instructions and I have been saying yes they can, IF they have a desire. Children especially have embraced Bad To The Balloon because (I feel) it doesn't talk down to them, in fact it doesn't talk at all!!! I have had many people all over the world buy it, it is terrific to to see I can communicate with out words. I had the same challenges recently in China when I was there.

Then I have balloon artist that have been doing balloons for years that can't get out of the Sword, Poodle & Weeny Dog mind set and they have a hard time because their not open to the possibilities.

Bad to the Balloon really is a different way of thinking of balloons.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
cheekychap
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of cheekychap
Bad to the bone is a great set to own Smile
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Got some bad news for everyone ....

Bad to the Balloon #3 won't be ready for the Holidays. We though we could schedule it, but alas we can't.

Really sorry to break this to the group. I just thought I should honest with everyone. We are planning on maybe a February release. Possibly in time for Twist & Shout in Boston next year.

BTTB#3 is going to be Holiday Hats it will be a year round holidays, Valentine's Day, Birthday, Christmas, Halloween and a few surprises.

December Balloon Magic Magazine will be doing a review of the first two DVDs ..... check it out!!!
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
Rob the Balloon Guy
View Profile
New user
West Hartford, CT
96 Posts

Profile of Rob the Balloon Guy
I was one of the people to review BTTB II for Balloon Magic. Don't worry Mark, I didn't go too hard on ya! Smile
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

You and Joanne hmmmm .... who was the third????????
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
musicgutbucket
View Profile
New user
South east UK
44 Posts

Profile of musicgutbucket
I did a birthday party last month I think it wqas. Apparently as the children were going out of the hall, the parents were very impressed with the Balloon hats that I have learned from your DVD's. In fact there was at least one Father that took his sons hat & put it on.........no joking.
Danny The Idiot
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
170 Posts

Profile of Danny The Idiot
I just ordered BTTB 1 & 2, I'm looking forward to it. It should arrive here in England just in time for Xmas. What a great present to myself!

Danny
Danny Schlesinger

www.CircoRidiculoso.com
LollyPopandPatch
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of LollyPopandPatch
Hi Mark

Just received BTTB 1 & 2 and the hats are great, something extra to add to our show.

Thanks for the fast shipping

LollyPop
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Thank You Danny & lollypop...

If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Mark, I hope you'll contact John Cooper and ask him to review BTTB3 for the KIDabra Journal. I have no doubt that the quality will equal v. 1 & 2. I know I'm anxious to see it.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Has he reviewed the first two???

I haven't seen it if he did.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Bad to the balloon 3? mark? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL