The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Nielsen v. Porper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LDM
View Profile
Loyal user
Upstate New York
278 Posts

Profile of LDM
I'm looking to either purchase a Porper Card Clip or a Nielsen Card Press. In the long run, I will [probably] end up purchasing both-- as of now, just one is good. The Porper Clip has the advantage of being smaller and more portable, but the Nielsen Press can hold more cards and squeeze tighter.

I know it's an objective question, but I'd like your opinion on which would be more valuable, from a manipulation standpoint.

Oh, and where are some good places to buy Bee cards cheaply? Smile

Thanks!
Andrew H.
View Profile
Regular user
Elizabethton,TN
124 Posts

Profile of Andrew H.
If you are going to be using the clips for your treated manipulation cards I suggest getting a Neilson Card Press. It holds tighter and keeps the card ready for manipulation. If your doing close up and want a card guard get a proper, everyone I’ve talked to says it make your card last longer than just a plain card guard. Hope this helps.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 22:25, LDM wrote:
Oh, and where are some good places to buy Bee cards cheaply? Smile

Try getting a bulk of packs at Sams Clubs.
Jerico
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
54 Posts

Profile of Jerico
Yes, they're really for two entirely different things. The clip is for keeping a deck of cards crisp and straight in your pocket(usually used by close-up guys), while the Nielson press is for stage manipulation cards (usually used by stage guys). Basically it straightens them out after you've broken them in.

Jerico
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Nielsen v. Porper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL