The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Lines for a t&r newspaper for a friar going to a mission in Chile (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicodine
View Profile
Regular user
italy
198 Posts

Profile of magicodine
Hi guys. I'm doing a thirty-minute show for a friar who is about to become a missionary in Chile. I want to do a torn and restored newspaper effect using funny lines, jokes, announcements related to priests, friars, chile, missions an do on. any suggestion? thanks guys. gaia from italy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20537 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Why not just use your normal material and make them laugh?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Well,Danny,isn't that the thing about effects like T&R newspaper you can do your normal strong material but also, because of the headlines, its easy to throw in relevant gags and look like a witty ad-libber.

Anyhow, do the jokes have to work in Italian?
magicodine
View Profile
Regular user
italy
198 Posts

Profile of magicodine
I know I could just use my normal material but I'd love to be able to throw in something specific for the event so that my friend knows that when I planned what to do I was thinking about him.

Yeah the jokes should work in Italian too...
nathanallen
View Profile
Special user
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
522 Posts

Profile of nathanallen
Burn a piece of the newspaper. Hot chile. It's on Friar! Call the Friar department!

Possibly have special custom newspapers printed, with some headline pertaining to your friend or his mission from God.

How about something more dramatic... perhaps a torn and restored bible?
Nathan Allen, The Maniac of Magic
www.maniacofmagic.com

To buy a prop is nothing.
To write a good routine is something.
To really entertain an audience is everything.
nathanallen
View Profile
Special user
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
522 Posts

Profile of nathanallen
And... perhaps not.
Nathan Allen, The Maniac of Magic
www.maniacofmagic.com

To buy a prop is nothing.
To write a good routine is something.
To really entertain an audience is everything.
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Or restored the Newspaper after running the torn piceces on a Hot Bible...you can easily replace the Hot Wallet Gimmick inside a small dictionary...paint the Dictionary in Black....put a cross sign on the cover...then Voila...a home made flaming Hot Bible.....used to restore the torn paper

it sure will make your Friar Friends remember you for long long time....till the judgement day comes
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Do any of you guys have a personal gag or joke file? I collect weird jokes on odd topics for when a show like this comes up.

I have a big show for a bunch of PHD chemists coming up and just had to do the same thing. It took about 10 minutes in the joke file.

Joke file:

missionaries
You can take stuff like this and re-write it so it suits your situation.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Lines for a t&r newspaper for a friar going to a mission in Chile (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL