The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » A couple of more videos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Åland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
I know that these are not very good, I am currently working on the rhythm, timing, angles and setups. Just thought you were interested in what to come. If you feel I should not be practising the technique I am demonstrating, please let me know and tell me why.

Kim

Link to "you oughta be in pictures":

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=217&0
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
773 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
Kim:
This is some nice work, although I only watched the riffle stacking and posted my feed back on youtube. I will find time to watch the rest later. I hope you try my suggestion and do not underestimate its importance. Your shuffle has the potential to look really deceptive.
Dowser
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
773 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
Here is my response to "why do you think it is important?" Other than probably just being a perfectionist:
Any hesitation or "fussyness" is, firstly, a tip off to a "practiced" move; and secondly, it is a habit I have seen so often among magicians that it has become a tell. As a pitboss as well as a magician I have literally observed tens of thousands of shuffles by hundreds of dealers and almost as many magicians and a few mechanics. Anything that visibly prevents the most direct route to the shuffle can attract attention. An honest shuffle would not require such precision. Your shuffle is so good looking and you have worked hard to get it to speed and the tap-square up is not as necessary as you may think... just a little more practice.
Dowser
papermechanic
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of papermechanic
Kim,

your work looks good. I really liked your stud greek and center, but during the normal center there is too much of a pause when you deal the card to yourself. if I was good at centers I would give you advice, but I am not ha.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Anyone who has practised moves of this type knows the time and effort you've put into it. You've inspired me to keep at it! As Dowser said, some of your work is almost too precise. I enjoyed all of it.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1901 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Hey Kim, your moves are nice and controlled and smooth... now how would you apply these moves in a situation??

j
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Åland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Papermechanic, I guess you didn't read carefully what I wrote Smile. The center and greek are very new to me, I mean weeks, not months, of efficient practise from watching other centers, I just posted them for your entertainment, they are nowhere near finished, give me 5-10 more years. Smile

iamslow, I would include them in a show on how people can cheat you.. no seriously, I haven't thought about that at all really, I just practise because I it is fun for now.

Dowser, a normal riffle shuffle / stacking isn't that more difficult without the tap perhaps, but a perfect table faro, definitely more difficult. I'll see what I can do about it, thanks for the advice.

Kim
papermechanic
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of papermechanic
Kim,

your right you already mentioned that in your opening post ha sorry about that. ill tell you what then, if it looks that good after only weeks of practice then I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it later on down the road.
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Åland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
I will post a couple more videos from more angles, got confused about all the moves and angles and missed some. Then when I feel I have improved or need help, I will make new videos of the same moves. Some moves will be private, because certain people have asked me to keep them so, only friends at youtube will be able to see them, you should know who you are.

Kim
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
461 Posts

Profile of Clock
With the push through shuffle, only turn one of the halves as you weave (the top half being pushed through). I seem to get a flash of two diagonal packets. You can do the move with only one half going diagonal as you keep the other pack perfectly straight.
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Åland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Thanks clock, I will think about that.

Kim
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
461 Posts

Profile of Clock
You can do the move as fast as you are doing in the video, but it will take a little practice. It will make it look more deceptive.
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Åland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
What is the best way to do a push through? Anyone that really knows that? Smile
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
461 Posts

Profile of Clock
Just watched all the videos...Good work, Kim.
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
773 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
Quote:
On 2007-10-28 13:51, MagicKim wrote:

Dowser, a normal riffle shuffle / stacking isn't that more difficult without the tap perhaps, but a perfect table faro, definitely more difficult. I'll see what I can do about it, thanks for the advice.

Kim

Kim, I must confess that one reason I may have noticed this habit is that it is one that I have struggled with a lot in the context of tabled faro's. Doing the cut and jumping directly into a tabled faro without even the slightest tap of the packets together is extremely difficult to learn, especially after years of conditioning to square the packets before each faro. So... I hear ya buddy... totally.
Dowser
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Åland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
Dowser I must say that it is definitely not as difficult to do the faro without tapping as I thought. Definitely more difficult but I think I'll be able to master it this way as well within the next couple of months. Thanks for the advice once again.

Kim

ps. any more advice on stacking that I have to think about? I am trying to get the rhythm to be as normal as possible and keeping the cards low when riffling and not releasing back and forth from the left and right packets, look weird to me.
MagicKim
View Profile
Special user
Åland, Finland
620 Posts

Profile of MagicKim
So, I guess everyone has looked now. I will take the videos down shortly.

Kim
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
773 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
Quote:
On 2007-10-29 13:21, MagicKim wrote:

ps. any more advice on stacking that I have to think about? I am trying to get the rhythm to be as normal as possible and keeping the cards low when riffling and not releasing back and forth from the left and right packets, look weird to me.

Nope... looks like you've got it covered. The riffle was excellent. I'm looking forward to seeing the shuffle after you've eliminated the get ready of squaring the packets. I hope you post a video.
Dowser
onbekende020
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
89 Posts

Profile of onbekende020
Your video's are very nice! Although you say some of them are prototypes, your goin in the right direction!

USM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » A couple of more videos (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL