The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Omega Reel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
So you made the protoypes already?
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Quote:
On 2007-11-05 16:27, THEGUY26 wrote:
So you made the protoypes already?

I think they are arriving this week.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Actually I have made several prototypes and we are ready to start production. The main body of this IETR is shatter proof, and they are being made as we speak. We had another body but decided that the special made body is more preferable than the generic one that we started with.

I can't wait for my fellow Magicians and friends, to get the true idea of what this IETR is all about. What makes this IETR so much different than others is its mobility. A product that's totally mobile like the Omega reel can be easily put under an Armpit, hat, belt, in a pocket, anchored just about anywhere you want and it takes a grand total of a second to set in any one of those positions. The Omega Reel can be manipulated at very close quarters, with an overall size coming in at 32mm outside/28mm inside. The Omega Reel is simple to hide or steal from hiden places or set up in a concrete location because of the magnet that is installed inside. For those who don't manipulate or choose not to manipulate the Omega Reel, the Kit will include a special loop of elastic for keeping the Omega Reel hidden and a stream lined hold out for delivery or exchanges of items as well as keeping the Omega Reel from view of the spectators. The Omega Reel Kit will include a DVD on how to repair it, use of the special accessories, some suggested uses, and a few never before seen effects. I hope this gives everyone a more accurate description of the Omega Reel?
jaynet
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of jaynet
Sounds wonderful. Looking forward to purchasing one.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
The Omega Reel itself will sell for around 29.99 and the Kit will probably be 59.99. Reasonably priced.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1085 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
How steady is the levetation of say a simple floating bill?

I would think(could be wrong) that the elastic thread would have some give, that would keep the bill from shaking as much as a regular reel.

Other words, sometimes, using a regular reel, the bill will sort of shake, as you take a step back and so forth, because of the tension.(at least the ones I have used, and in the way I want to use it.

Steve
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-11-05 18:43, Steve Haynes wrote:
How steady is the levetation of say a simple floating bill?

I would think(could be wrong) that the elastic thread would have some give, that would keep the bill from shaking as much as a regular reel.

Other words, sometimes, using a regular reel, the bill will sort of shake, as you take a step back and so forth, because of the tension.(at least the ones I have used, and in the way I want to use it.

Steve

You don't have to put elastic thread in the reel.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Steve,
I am so glad that you asked that question about shaking thread. After taking several thousands of ITRs apart over the years we believe we know the answer as to why some ITRs vibrate or shake at certain distances. The standard ITR has an inherint problem with internal shaft that houses the thread. If the bands that make the internal shaft turn are off center in any way it creates a binding of the internal shaft hitting on the external body shaft.

The Omega Reel is built in such a way to eliminate any shaking whatsoever and is completely silent as there is no point of friction on the inside of the IETR. Also, because of the type of IET that we are using bobble or shaking is completely eliminated.

As to the Guy, yes you could use a different IET or IT. But, in my oppinion why would you? Silk Worm IET is the best on the market. Ok... Sorry, for tooting my own horn there, its just my humble oppinion.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

I never said using different IET, I said you could use IT if you wanted, so the bill won't bounce around.
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1085 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Thanks for the reply.

I use an itr now(for 15 years), but never liked the shaking that happens in certain conditions, and using just a peice of thread in position with some slack is not as practical, or as versatile.

Looking forward to it,

Steve
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Steve you'll really like this... I think you'll find this replacing the ITR your currently using.

Everything stated about the Omega Reel is true... I have stayed away from ITR's for various reasons, but this has changed that, and is gonna be a real worker.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Yeah, it's going to be a "reel" worker!
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Reely??

Like, for reel??

Oh... that's reely great!!

Wait... I know it's reely great... silly me

Too far eh... thought so lol
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Actually, Dave, you should put that right on the website. "This is a "reel" worker".
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Really! Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
All the parts have been ordered for assembly of the Omega Reels. We should have them by the middle or end of next week. Once they arrive assembly will begin and the Omega Reel will be available by itself until the DVD is shot for the Kit. The Kit will be available about 20 days or so after the Omega Reel itself. For those interested?
jonxodus
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
305 Posts

Profile of jonxodus
Aww man, love reels, so happy with the one from sorcery, but this sounds amazing. Cant wait to see the end product.
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
Sounds good dmann!
Cant wait to see this puppy in action.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

You won't see it, that's how invisible it is!
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Quote:
On 2007-11-09 16:40, THEGUY26 wrote:
You won't see it, that's how invisible it is!

For reel?lol! I can't wait either!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Omega Reel (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL