The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Info about low way of shipping (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Profile of STEPHANE-ARNOW
Hi

I ordered a second- hand prop for sale from a member of Magic café (Regular user) - a Wizcote- and the prop has been shipped from Ohio to France the 10 september (that is what he said me).

We are now the 30 october, and I have nothing received. He has used Post office but not Airmail. So a low way to ship. The trick is in a ATA case, which is a bit heavy maybe.

What is your opinion : Is is possible that this low way to ship take 2 months ? Or it is impossible ? I ever used Airmail from USA or worldwile and it was very fast . But I have used shipment for illusions by boat too, and it was not so long (1 month in general).

So I begin to ask me some questions...
I don't have the number of the parcel (it don't give me it ), and he is in this moment outside of USA, which is not easy to receive more answers in PV.

I don't blame him for the moment, I only wants your opinion if it can be realistic or if it becomes to be...problematic.

thanks.

Stephane
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
I don't think it's at all out of the question for it to be taking this long, USPS, via the non-airmail method. However, I would try and get the customs number from the seller at this stage of the game, it is provided to the shipper on the receipt or carbon copy of the customs form. Like I said, being shipped using the slower method, it is possible that it's still in transit, but you are reaching a point in time where it should be arriving. So if you don't hear anything soon (or receive your package), then I would start really asking some questions.
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Bonjour Stéphane! It's very bizarre my friend! It shouldn't take that long!
Eric
P.S. Good luck with it!
Salut mon ami!
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Do you know exactly what method was used to ship? I'm pretty sure the USPS does not have the surface option anymore. They have first class international, priority and express to match their domestic services.

It most likely got caught up in customs but I'm curious as to how it was shipped.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
By ship, three weeks would be excellent service without going through customs. Magic props can be a special problem. The stranger something is to customs, the longer it takes to find someone willing to make the decision to clear it. The bottle neck is usually customs. Small packages get slower treatment than large shipments.

Shipping via air appears to be expensive. But if waiting time counts, air freight get better service from customs too. You don't have to compete with large shipments that are less work for the people in customs.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
There are many economic ways to ship without using USPS.

I have never received anything posted by USPS! (I don't want to bring your hopes down), and even with a tracking number, which is given to the person sending the parcel, there is no way to track the parcel once it leaves the States.

If the parcel were in customs you should have at least received notice that the parcel is waiting for you to pick it up in person.

Personally I use FEDEX or Skynet to send anything and have never had any problems with time or customs.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
FEDEX has been MY WORST NIGHMARE as shipping goes!!!!!!!! Damaged or lost....take your pick!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I wouldn't ship anything by FEDEX. One package that I ordered was found strewn across my neighborhood. I let the vendor know how badly FEDEX messed up. Luckily, the identical item was reshipped by the vendor, at no charge to me. I even remember a FEDEX guy being caught on surveillance video, and posted on YouTube, showing him hurling a package at someone's doorstep, breaking the contents. I suppose their employees have issues with management or something.
Clownboy
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Clownboy
Jack and Alan,

I'm sorry you had trouble with FedEx.
I do believe that its not the only shipping company that has issues like these. When your moving millions of packages every second your bound to have isolated instances. I think we could find those on here that have had negatives with every shipper out there. Personally, I believe that FedEx is the best at tracking and moving packages from point 'A' to point 'B'.
Since I work for them I can tell you that I have NEVER seen a claim that wasn't paid by FedEx.
On the FedEx Ground side, if a package is lost stolen or damaged in the drivers care he is personally charged for it. No other shipper has that much accountability to the drivers. I would never fear using FedEx myself for shipping precious items.

Just my opinion out there.

Brad
As the Frogs say "Times Fun when you're having Flies" Smile
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
After destroying an ATA case and then fighting with me [after having an account for two years] to pay for the damage, I will never use them again. Yes they paid the claim, but that was after 5-6 phone calls and a LOT of arguing. It cost me more in lost time than the calim. Shippers KNOW damage is just part of the business but they ALL fight like h--- to avoid paying a claim.
bp
View Profile
Regular user
ENGLAND
168 Posts

Profile of bp
You need a tracking number with out it,its just a guessing game!

Sorry but your time frame, 2months its to long. I think it might be LOST !!!!

Sorry !!!
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
USPS takes 3 weeks out of country at most!!!! Id contact the seller and ask for proof of shipment. If he claims there isn't any or wont help you, that is the first clue it wasnt shipped.

Fed Ex is a joke.... they damage all large items ive ordered. We lost so much money we filed a major lawsuit and even had the media involved. As stated above, our products were beat to heck and strung out in the yard more than once. They settled out of court.

One thing Ive discovered in the prop selling section of this page is this.....we get to talking about a certain prop we love or would love to have. As the discussion gets deeper, its almost certain you will see a new user put that prop up for sale as he sees how many interested buyers there might be. Keep your eyes open and you will see this on a consistant basis. There are tons of scam artists on this site. They are getting better at building their post numbers before selling.

These guys join hundreds of these pages, build up their rep, then cash in on a couple hundred bucks. They make good money when they are doing that daily on different sites.

I really hope it shows up for you... let us know!
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
Well I have had issues with every company...I don't think that there is one that has the best hands down service, at least when it comes with the bigger names (UPS, FEDEX, USPS, DHL etc)...either someone will lose something, get held at customs, damaged, take too long....there isn't one better than the rest I don't believe....

I do think that you have been waiting way too long...its obvious something has happened, whether its been lost or never sent at all. Not sure how you should handle it, he needs to show proof of shipment for starters, but even then....

Also, maybe his name should be released somewhere at some point just so others don't run into this problem...

Crossing my fingers for you.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Wow! I am surprised to see so many nightmares that you guys have had with FEDEX! I have only had positive experiences, and they seem to be the fastest shipper, and almost half the price of UPS.

I once had a package arrive from Switzerland to Istanbul delivered in 14 hours! I received the tracking number from the vendor after the package had arrived!

UPS is reputable but not always the fastest, and more expensive than most other services.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Thanks for your answers.
For the way of shipping, I was OK to pay more for the shipment, but he don't have let me the choice. He has chosen himself...
Actually the problem is that I don't have any answers anymore from the seller.
Here is his last message, few weeks ago :

'' Hello...

It was shipped Sept. 10th. I called my Post Office back in Ohio today and was told...." Once you hand your package over to the post office and it leaves the country, we are no longer responsible for it. If it is delayed in getting to you, there is nothing we can do. Most delays are caused by customs in the country it was shipped to. That is who needs to be contacted. Unless you are willing to pay for more expensive Global Express shipping, there is no way to track your package once it leaves this country."

They said it is not unusual for it to take several months to arrive, and once it is out of the US all we can do is wait. ''

But What I need now, is a tracking number...
It seems to be suspicious, isn't it ?

Arnow
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Yes Stéphane, it is!

Take care mon ami,
Eric
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

So I have some reasons to ask me questions...

I don't want to put a name here for the moment (cause I suppose the seller is honest) but he need to clear the situation. If the situation don't progress in best, I will give his name on the forum to prevent next magicians to be scammed.

But too earlier for the moment.

I 'm always honest in any deal I do (buying, selling), and I have difficulties to understand when someone is not so clear. People not honest loose their reputation.

cheers!
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Quote:
On 2007-10-31 10:46, STEPHANE-ARNOW wrote:
So I have some reasons to ask me questions...

I don't want to put a name here for the moment (cause I suppose the seller is honest) but he need to clear the situation. If the situation don't progress in best, I will give his name on the forum to prevent next magicians to be scammed.

But too earlier for the moment.

I 'm always honest in any deal I do (buying, selling), and I have difficulties to understand when someone is not so clear. People not honest loose their reputation.

cheers!

What method was used to ship it? All overseas orders need customs forms of some sort and the numbers can always be found on the receipt. Can he provide a copy of the receipt? Perhaps scanning it in and emailing it? Or at least give you that number?
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
I have shipped countless packages to customers all over the world........STEPHANE-ARNOW (a very nice guy) is one of the buyer too Smile

To ease the mind of the buyer:

I always:

1) Taking several digtal photos of the parcel(close up to the whole package....showing all the Important details) with the offical stamp/Chop on it BEFORE I drop into the mail or hand to the courier...this is VERY IMPORTANT esp. for Surface/Ship mail..this is the ONLY proof to the buyer I ship cos NO tracking nos. (The photo explains Everything)

2) Any expensive package...e.g US$150.00 & above...I always pay a bit more for registered mail(Tracking nos) & NOT surface mail

3) I always scan the receipt/tracking nos & photo & e-mail to the buyer on the day I receive..so everyone is happy.

4) I will follow up with the buyer via e-mail if he has receive the props & whether is he happy with the purchase, any questions with the props....etc

Hope this helps Smile
dove-boy Smile
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

He said me :

''They wanted $325 for airmail, so I shipped it through the post office, but it may take several weeks to get there''

I don't have more precision...

Yes ,dove boy, you gave me all the photos I needed (even in close up). really cool and secure feeling.

If he answer me (his telephon seems not working, or I did a mistake ..), I will ask a scan of the post paper and , by the way, ask the tracking number...

I hope that the problem will be fix...before the christmas period...

cheers,
Stephane Arnow
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Info about low way of shipping (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL