The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Info about low way of shipping (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
I am sorry to hear that I believe that all magic items must be send through regestered mail I had been recieving my goods from stevens for more than 6 years throgh fedex never a problem , fast and eficient. the big illusions by cargo lux and never a problem .. hope this will be solved soon.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Tracking info. and insurance is always important to me, whatever the method of transport.

For the guys in the U.S., shipping out of country by some methods have additional costs to the receiver. As example I just purchased 2 Lefler tables. I requested USPS priority, but they were shipped UPS (or Ooops for short), they were also valued at book price, not what I was actually paid, or was billed. Shipping was paid in the U.S.

I just received the additional bill at this end from UPS for $170.00 USD/CDN. this is for the taxes, charges, and the infamous "brokerage" fee of $60.00. This $60.00 fee even applies on a $10.00 item if shipped U.P.S.to Canada. Had the package been shipped via the post, I MAY have been charged taxes, but the fee would have been $5.00. THERE IS NO BENEFIT TO SHIP U.P.S. IF U.S.POSTAL WILL TAKE THE PACKAGE PRIORITY!!! By misvaluing the shipment this also cost an extra $15.00 alone.

So the costs in addition to the tables was close to $250.00, almost 50% of the value of the goods!!!

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
A customer wanted a waistcoat shipped by UPS today so that it arrived in time for 4th November.

I checked both FEDEX and UPS and neither of them could guarantee delivery for the specified date. UPS wanted $168.00 for delivery on 6th November. The package is small at less than 1kg.

The value of the postage is more than 50% the value of the item! And no one on line could guarantee delivery for the date specified. I sometimes believe it is cheaper and more guaranteed to take a flight ticket and deliver to the customer in person!
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi Lee Alex Smile

Thanks for the earlier PM advice on the costume change....deeply appreciated! Smile

Yup, Fedex & UPS cost a lot to send...the best is to open an Business Account with them...this will save at least about 25% or more. I always pass this saving to customer too...so they will enjoy the benefit too.

if you work with Fedex as an employee...think you will save tons of $...think I last heard is 75% saving...correct me if I am wrong Smile

Hi Stephane Arnow Smile

Thanks for the Kind words & hope you receive your parcel soon....if the seller in Ohio still yet to reply you or you never receive your package....it will be great if you can let us know who he is so we can take note in future.

Take care Smile
dove-boy
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Hi dove-boy!

No problems about the advice - anytime!

I sent a package the other day from Istanbul to Buffalo, NY.
It was sent with Skynet Worldwide Express and took just 2 days to be delivered.
In my innocence I thought this to be normal (the package was flown to London, then NY), until I discovered that Buffalo is nearer Canada than the New York that I know!

I have special rates with Skynet which I charge at cost to customers. I believe I get 50% off normal prices.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
I received my Spider Backdrop from Germany where they sent it UPS and it arrived in just a few days...I hate it when someone ships to me fedex...
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Profile of STEPHANE-ARNOW
Actually
No answer about the seller...

***...No answer by phone...I only have his adress.
If I am scammed, I will be really the first time...and the last..
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1940 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
If the seller sent the parcel by seamail, it will take 2 or 3 months to receive.
If you can ask the seller which he used (seamail or airmail) it will be very good.
There is a different between seamail or seafrieght. Both by shp but Seafreight is normally faster than seamail (post office).
I believe the seller sent by seamai, coz it s not very large item.

Cheers,
CC
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Hi !

the problem is : He don't answer me now cause he is supposed to be out of the country. thanks for the information ssucahyo.

I will see... But if I don't receive anything, I will inform friends of café.

cheers
Arnow
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Hello friends of café !
Just for info, I have still never received my wizcote illusion...bought in the section ''for sale'';
the hypotetic parcel ''has been send'' (or not...) the 10th september.

No news from the buyer, telephon don't answer (but the seller said he was out of the country still january...). No response in the private section of Magic café...
I don't have still ANY information about the tracking number !!!!!

So I beginn to think that the seller has nothing send.
I don't have chance : I can't have a Chalet wizcote because, as you know, of the incredible delay of building... Now I found it for sell, and never receive it.

You know, in this situation, it is easier to buy a ripp off...That is not what I did... But I don't have any prop in my case...For an effect which needed to be in my christmas show... Very angrrrrrrrrrrrrrry.

Do you want his name or do you think I can wait one month again before?
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Hello. I'm in my christmas tour. I have 1 day off, so I'm going here again..

Yesterday date : 3 months that my hypotetic Wizcote parcel has been send by post office...From Ohio to France.

I will wait still end of December. After that, if I don't have received my prop, I will give you the name of this ***. I have no doubt : It is a scam...

No answer, no information etc...Payment by Western Union cause he says there is too much problem with Paypal (but he 's right to this point)...

If Chalet magic could one day have a correct delay of delivery ( but maybe 2 to 3 years of delay is a correct delay of delivery ???) I would have prefered buy a new one instead this false second hand ... A routine which should fit in my actual show, and I was forced to put one of my old effect instead...

Magicians helping Magicians.. Ok.. is there some magicians in Ohio ?? If yes, contact me in PV. we will speak together . To inform me if you know this man, if he usually have such problems etc... Maybe there are some magicians who leave in KENT, the city of this magician. That is not only for the 337 dollards lost; that is for the principe; If he is a scammer, he need to be pointed by finger...

thanks for your help.

PS :he is out of the country still january...as he said...
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
That really is terrible that you haven't received anything and can't seem to get an answer out of the seller. I am relatively nearby where this individual lives and might know him, if you'd like to PM me, I might be able to tell you if he has a history of this. Either way, I hope all works out for you!
Magic1962
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Magic1962
I am from Ohio and am very sorry that you have run into this.... We have family who live in Germany and we send packages back and forth all the time, and even when they ship them on boat it certainly doesn't take near that long.... Good Luck, and MOST of us OHIO magicians are honest people... Dave
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I am also in Ohio. PM me the name and I will let you know if I know this guy and what I know.

It should have arrived ok.

There is no rhyme or reason to customs. I have just completed a large order of flowers for an Opera company in Hamburg, Germany. I send 4 shipments all via Fed Ex. Granted they were just Fed Ex Tubes but it was very expediate and secrue in shipping. The first three went through with no problem but the 4th took almost a week to get through customs.

All shipping companies have their problems. I have had problems shipping things even in this country. I have started taking many digital photos of items before shipment. Good idea Dove Boy. I had started doing this after a customer complained about flowers that had been left closed up for two weeks looking bad. It was his fault not mine. But one picture is worth a thousand words.

Also be advised that UPS is going up in price in January by 4.9%. I suspect that Fed Ex will follow. I believe it is because of the new teamster's cotnract going into effect.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
"UPS is going up in price"....How wonderful!! Now when I ship with them, I can spend more while having my product destroyed!!

Jack
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Great...maybe if we twitch our nose we can make products appear where we need them...I get my things so much faster from US Postal service when I order here in the US. I hate it when the ship via UPS or FedEx.

I think it's all a Grand Illusion...lol
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1940 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I sent several times ffrom Indonesia to Europe or USA by seamail, normally take 3 months or even more. But if it is more than 4 months this is impossible. Either the package getting lost or a scam.

Cheers,
CC.
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Hi

I have a day off today in my tour.

thanks for your help, specially for messages from magicians in Ohio. I will send you informations and name to you in PV (and after, maybe in public...). If someone live not too far, It could be super if someone can knock at his door (if there is some fright with your car, I can send you even a little money if needed). Those men don't have their place in the business.

thanks for your help. I need the wizcote in my show..
STEPHANE-ARNOW
View Profile
Regular user
FRANCE
136 Posts

Hi richard (hugmagic)

I have problem to contact you in PV . Can you give me a good adress mail ?
thanks for your help !

Mine is stepharnow@aol.com
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1600 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Sorry to hear about your problem. About two years ago I purchased an item from the "for sale" section for over $100. The seller lives in the States, and I live in Canada. Never did arrive (to this day), and I never did get a refund (although I was told I would get one).

I ended up buying this effect from someone else; great effect, but I paid twice as much as anyone else! Smile

Regarding Wizcote, I ordered one in December. While the parts are cutout and ready to be assembled, the mechanical parts can't be ordered until a few more people purchase a Wizcote from Chalet. At that point he can order the necessary parts, assemble them all, and then I can get mine. So, anyone interested in getting a Wizcote? The more people who order one, the quicker we'll all get them. Smile

Brian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Info about low way of shipping (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL