The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Gotcha! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
This was posted in another area of the Café' but just had to post it here for y'all to watch! This is a definite GOTCHA effect for Magicians. Does anyone know WHO's method this is? WATCH it all the way thru!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q04Hk9cYfbs
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
That's Ian Sutz's from Bushnell, Florida (the guy performing it in the video). (He goes by Magic Ian) It's from one of his lectures from way back.

Lyndel
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

It's a great routine! Had to watch it about 15+ times before figuring it out. What a great way to floor a magician.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thank you for posting it Kyle. I was being very alert after I reading your first post. When it first started I had a feeling what the method was dealt with. I was right, but I noticed the spot on my 3rd viewing.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1598 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Son of a............!!!!!!!!! That was nice!!!!!! I have an idea on how it was done but not %100. Smile
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Nice. Real nice!
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2007-10-31 12:48, SoCalPro wrote:
. . . but not %100.

Nor even 100%.

;)
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I have been doing that effect since 1977. I use it as an opener in my current lecture (and previous ones). The taping I did on the DVD is not perfect, It was an outtake from my video lecture notes where I explain the effect.

I call it the "gotcha lecture", and I live to fool magicians.
Of course, It works well for lay audiences as well.

-Ian
aka Magic Ian
Ian Sutz
aka stage name: Ian Garrison
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Back to the drawing board for me Ian. I thought I had ya dead to rights. I played around with my theroy and came up short (no pun intended).

YOU DA MAN!!!! Where can I get your lecture notes that teaches this?
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
How do we request that S2000Magician be promoted to grammar host since he is constantly correcting posts? I think it is time to recognize his corrections by making it an official title for him.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1598 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On 2007-10-31 18:05, MagicSanta wrote:
How do we request that S2000Magician be promoted to grammar host since he is constantly correcting posts? I think it is time to recognize his corrections by making it an official title for him.

No, he can't have 2 titles. He's already the "Polite magician". Smile

Besides, I still think I said it right the first time. Smile

Let me add a word here.
"I have an idea on how it was done but not %100 sure". Smile
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
817 Posts

Profile of acesover
Doesn't the % sign come after the number???????
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I am 100 percent sure that the % sign should go after the number, except in Europe.
As far as journalists and writing protocol, it should be written as one hundred percent.
However, these posts are not in keeping with the subject of The "Gotcha" rope effect. or at least I am .99 percent sure.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
817 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2007-11-01 10:20, magicians wrote:
I am 100 percent sure that the % sign should go after the number, except in Europe.
As far as journalists and writing protocol, it should be written as one hundred percent.
However, these posts are not in keeping with the subject of The "Gotcha" rope effect. or at least I am .99 percent sure.

Yea but then again the Europeans do not know which of the road to drive on...Ha, Ha...all in fun

NOW BACK TO TOPIC.....
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1598 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On 2007-11-01 10:01, acesover wrote:
Doesn't the % sign come after the number???????

I just caught that, my bad. Smile
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1312 Posts

Profile of bond19
Got me as well... have now purchased the method via Ians site... what a clever you are Ian, thanks for the quick reply.

Can't wait to fool them magicians,

Chris
Davro
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
319 Posts

Profile of Davro
Yea but then again the Europeans do not know which of the road to drive on...

Hey! I'm European. I've been told so.
Best Wishes, David
<BR>
<BR>Mid way this way of life we're bound upon, I woke to find myself in a dark wood, where the right road was wholly lost and gone.
Miikka
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
148 Posts

Profile of Miikka
Little offtopic, but I don't like you people making false accusations. I think that only in the UK they drive on the wrong side of the road, and we also use the % sign after the number in Europe. I hate when you Americans think you're so great compared to the rest of the world...

Miikka
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
Miika,
Just curious....how many immigrants are trying to re-locate to Finland these days?
Patrick
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
817 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2007-11-01 17:24, Miikka wrote:
Little offtopic, but I don't like you people making false accusations. I think that only in the UK they drive on the wrong side of the road, and we also use the % sign after the number in Europe. I hate when you Americans think you're so great compared to the rest of the world...

Miikka

Hey Miikka...relax..you will live longer

We were all having a little fun here. Didn't realize you Fins were so uptight.

John (acesover)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Gotcha! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL