The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » These guys make the Vernon Wand Spin look amateurish! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Looked great. I'm a little suspicious that the video might have been sped up a bit. I would have liked to have seen more than hands in the video. Any other moving objects in the background (like people walking by)would have convinced me one way or another if the video had any help.

Even if its sped up ..the slower version is impressive. I couldn't do that in a million years.

Best,

Tim
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Cool but, do those people..get out much?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I was at a seminar and this kid was spinning a pen around his thumb then through his fingers and did it fast and smooth. I asked him about it later and he seemed not aware he was doing it, said he had a boring job and use to play with the pen. I sure couldn't come close to doing it but it was similar to what that vid showed in some of the shots.
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Wow
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I couldn't watch it, because my Adobe Flash player is too old. However, I'm familiar enough with pen spinning: it's one of the group of juggling skills endorsed by the people associated with Godzhandz (or whatever they call themselves) along with XCM and cup-stacking.

Actually, the cup-stacking amazes me the most. When they do it REALLY fast it looks very magical, as if the stack of cups is just building itself. I'll go find a video:

[later] Here's a video: http://www.kardkingz.com/videos/2005stack.mp4

I still can't figure out how many websites there are for De'Vo and Jerry and the gang. Handlordz.com, superhandz.com, kanrdkingz.com...obviously these people have a thing about using "z"s instead of "s"s.

Jeff
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
The use of a Z is right up there with 'extreme' in their little diluted minds. My favorite failure of theirs was the underwater cuts.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Santa, if you want silly, you've got to watch this:

http://www.handlordzstore.com/fingersoccer.mpg

I guess De'vo is all grown up now and ready for a serious career in something other than card flourishing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » These guys make the Vernon Wand Spin look amateurish! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL