The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Factory Sealed - Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10~11~12 [Next]
Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
Can you do this effect with a bottle full of coke? What about bullet, can you do that with an empty bottle of coke? On factory sealed does the coin actually GO inside of the bottle?
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
I know it could be for Bullet, but I don't think all the versions with Factory Sealed will work with a coke bottle. The coin does actually end up inside the bottle.
Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
Quote:
On 2007-11-02 02:05, THEGUY26 wrote:
I know it could be for Bullet, but I don't think all the versions with Factory Sealed will work with a coke bottle. The coin does actually end up inside the bottle.

It seems like a cool trick and is very tempting to buy. But you could buy the tarbell magic course book volume 3 for 24 bucks at magictricks.com which is around 410 pages of magic. Also has cigarette manipulations. I'd like to get that book...

I think I'll just save my money for my trip to japan I've been planning
Wells34
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Wells34
Quote:

FS and B were the first of their kind WITHOUT gimmicks fact and proveable!

I believe that is true for Factory Sealed, but Abyss came out several years before any talk of cibs. Bullet is the same as the partial set-up in Abyss (impromptu no gimmicks). The big coin feature in Abyss was also long before the E cibs.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe these were created before Abyss, but they just weren't sumbitted to Ellusionist yet.
Wells34
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Wells34
What information are you going off of?
I bought the first Abyss a few years ago. I don't know when it was created, but do you?
All I know is Abyss was on the market years before any talk of cibs started.
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

I don't know. The original CIB was the Folding Coin, of course.
Masonogy1
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of Masonogy1
Quote:
On 2007-11-02 00:50, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Factory Sealed did and Bullett did not knock off any ones effects the truth is that fS and B was created and filmed WAY WAY WAY before the market was flooded with the majority of cib you see now..that is the truth and we E has the digital and written proof of this. Impervious was created INDEPENDENTLY of FS and B. But becuase FS and B took so much time to work on and get exactly right you guys think we stole from the others..fact is that there WERE NO OTHERS at that time. it is all because E let out that there was a CIB project in the works over a yr ago..then everyone and their brother started to come out with their own cibs..it also had a lot to do with some STILL pictures that were leaked from E's site that clicked the creative process for many (jeremy excluded).

FS and B were the first of their kind WITHOUT gimmicks fact and proveable!

Justin N. Miller

Uhmm... Christopher Williams was performing his CIB proffessionally ALONG time before his release as well... So there is no real telling who was first! So lets just enjoy them both on what they have to offer before we make claims on who was first etc....

I'm thinking of getting factory sealed though, I knew how Bullet was done when the trailer was leaked a while ago and apparently Factory Sealed helps to learn BOTH effects...
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6995 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
There were quite a few gimmickless CIBs out waaay before FS and Bullet. Not to say that FS and Bullet aren't great. I'm sure they are.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
778 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Factory Sealed was coined and copyrighted long before many of you may know.
Factory Sealed has been performed and in the public eye in North America for quite some time now.
Source material and history proves this. It's nice to see people finding interest.

Quote:
Masonogy1 wrote:Factory Sealed: Looked GREAT when Nick V performed it, ... This is because when Nick did it he simple held the coin outside the bottle, rubbed it through slowly and showed his hand clean... Really very nice! Justin on the other hand seemed to perform it where you didn't really get to see the coin outside/held against the bottle...

Mason,
Thanks for your kind words. BTW Justin does perform it with the coin in hand, in fact the spectators GIVE him their borrowed coin. Also, Christopher Williams did not perform it years ago with a factory sealed bottle, he has even said it himself. His main penetration is (like many others) with an already opened bottle. That was his initially idea. Plus, his coin in bottle is no where near as versatile as Factory Sealed. His penetration stays with the performer and he moves the bottle and coin which can be seen at times to move together, as one entity, throwing off the illusion because of that it exactly what happens when the coin is ALREADY inside the bottle. That's just a fact.

Having the coin in hand and contacting the bottle for real is a sure fire convincer.
Not moving the bottle at all is strong...period.
Having the spectators actually hold the bottle is an experience like no other.
All seen and taught on the Factory Sealed DVD.
Quote:
Masonogy1 wrote:
I'm thinking of getting factory sealed

Enjoy!
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
My penetration of a coin in bottle was first show at Blackpool...6 years ago I believe...that's just the penetration, NOT the routine, as I hadn't developed a full routine then. I did NOT get any idea or inspiration from FS, and no, I don't perform it Factory Sealed. I give the illusion it is still sealed, but I don't do it genuinely sealed, nor do I usually show it as supposedly sealed, as I don't perform it for one person a night, I do it everywhere I go when I perform. The routine became complete for me earlier this year. It was the same as you see it now, but without the the lubor fielder move. That move I just think is great, and really sets the trick up for me whilst hiding anything and making it angle proof.

So no, I don't perform it with a factory sealed bottle, and I don't pretend to say I do, nor do I say I created my CIB for a factory sealed bottle. However, Ocular Perception is 95% my routine and handling seen at the biggest Magic convention years ago now, the 5% not mine is that lubor fielder move. I took no inspiration from anyone else. Before the lubor fielder move, I didn't think it was strong enough that Magicians would use it to like it that much. I came up with the penetration by myself, I didn't hear about it anywhere or see it done, it is just what I did. I am not here to say mine is better or worse, but I don't think anyone can say 'He created this, he created that, he didn't create this...' etc
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2007-11-02 09:15, Nick-V. wrote:
Factory Sealed was coined and copyrighted long before many of you may know.
Factory Sealed has been performed and in the public eye in North America for quite some time now.
Source material and history proves this. It's nice to see people finding interest.

Quote:
Masonogy1 wrote:Factory Sealed: Looked GREAT when Nick V performed it, ... This is because when Nick did it he simple held the coin outside the bottle, rubbed it through slowly and showed his hand clean... Really very nice! Justin on the other hand seemed to perform it where you didn't really get to see the coin outside/held against the bottle...

Mason,
Thanks for your kind words. BTW Justin does perform it with the coin in hand, in fact the spectators GIVE him their borrowed coin. Also, Christopher Williams did not perform it years ago with a factory sealed bottle, he has even said it himself. His main penetration is (like many others) with an already opened bottle. That was his initially idea. Plus, his coin in bottle is no where near as versatile as Factory Sealed. His penetration stays with the performer and he moves the bottle and coin which can be seen at times to move together, as one entity, throwing off the illusion because of that it exactly what happens when the coin is ALREADY inside the bottle. That's just a fact.

Having the coin in hand and contacting the bottle for real is a sure fire convincer.
Not moving the bottle at all is strong...period.
Having the spectators actually hold the bottle is an experience like no other.
All seen and taught on the Factory Sealed DVD.
Quote:
Masonogy1 wrote:
I'm thinking of getting factory sealed

Enjoy!

I let the spectator hold the bottle last night for the first time performing a CIB. It really floored them more-so then if I just performed Untouchable. In the hands is the way to go.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
778 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Quote:
On 2007-11-02 09:42, Christopher Williams wrote:
So no, I don't perform it with a factory sealed bottle, and I don't pretend to say I do, nor do I say I created my CIB for a factory sealed bottle.

Thanks for clearing that up for those who didn't know.
I agree Christopher, the Lubor Fielder move is fantastic.

Quote:
I let the spectator hold the bottle last night for the first time performing a CIB. It really floored them more-so then if I just performed Untouchable. In the hands is the way to go.

Glad you like it.

In one scene, you will see a terrific performance where during the melting expression of the effect the coin tilts up a bit just before the bottle is actually shaken by the spectator. Coming off the bottle slowly plays big as well, which you can even spot in the trailer.

I actually have held the bottle in many different positions. There is so many directions you can go with this effect, Factory Sealed. On the DVD you will see some really great examples where Justin holds the bottle at zero degrees and hands it to the spectator to hold right on the cap side while the penetration takes place as far from the only possible opening on the bottle (the cap), still filled with liquid, factory sealed.

Reactions are over the top.
~Nick V.~
Wells34
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Wells34
I think Justin M's post was trying to defend that similarities between Factory Sealed and others was coincidental from creators independently coming up with the same thing and not one guy copying another. I wasn't trying to get into a 'who came up with what idea when' discussion. And when I said that I believed that Factory Sealed probably was the first of its kind, I didn't mean in any way that Impervious or others came because of the E cibs. I just don't know how accurate it is to say Bullet was the first of its kind when it is the same as Abyss from years ago. That and the big coin in bottle method is right out of Abyss. That is the thing about Factory Sealed I think is wrong and not something coincidental.

People have been so biased with coin in bottles, saying one is out of this world while saying another is no good. Saying things like this is just not true. The truth is that most of the coin in bottles on the market are great. This includes Impervious, Factory Sealed, Abyss 2, and some others. People won't be disappointed in any one of them.
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
802 Posts

Profile of meyegr
I still fool the He** out of people with VIP.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Hmmm, I decided to have a go at Nicks penetration for the first handling today...
It was not in an actual performance as such, it was around my next door neighbours where they were having a get together, and ive performed all the handlings on Impervious, Lucid Dreams 1 & 2, and The Coin Accomplice/Prohibition for them in the past... so they have seen some of the best bottle penetration effects to date...

Well in all honesty they were completely floored, I mean it's the first time they have stood there gobsmacked and, instead of grabbing the bottle, just reach out and rub the point of penetration lol.
Usually they want to inspect the bottle, but with this that wasn't the case...

The only conclusion I came to was that the penetration must look authentic enough that examining just isn't neccessary... well that's how I took it.

I was actually kinda surprised at the response... it looks very good and so I was expecting a good response... but in all honesty I have not had a response quite like this with any other penetration effect.

Now what I said in a previous post I still stand by, the cons I pointed out are true... but there is no denying the fact that this recieved the most powerful response ive had with a cib, and I can't wait to perform it again.
Imagine the response from those who are not used to seeing magic... it's gonna be insane.

One thing ive been playing around with is combining the best things from the cib's I own... with subtleties taken from others, added to the subtleties taught in Factory Sealed and Bullet... and with Nicks penetration... AMAZING!
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Sounds good john,

can anyone tell how big the download file is (mb wise) thanks.
FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
Somebody HAS to ask this so here goes!!

Is there a video of the performance to be seen anywhere???

This sounds really GOOD and would love to "see it"!!
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-11-02 13:08, The Mac wrote:
Sounds good john,

can anyone tell how big the download file is (mb wise) thanks.

I think 300 something.
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
778 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Quote:
On 2007-11-02 12:51, Y2John wrote:
... so they have seen some of the best bottle penetration effects to date...

Well in all honesty they were completely floored, I mean it's the first time they have stood there gobsmacked

Great to hear, John,
Thanks for sharing. Smile

Quote:
On 2007-11-02 13:23, FTAMagician wrote:
Is there a video of the performance to be seen anywhere???

Yes, Plenty. Even extended performances.
You will see one of my expressions on the trailer as well.

That is the massage penetration. You can even melt it in with just one finger.
Have fun exploring all the avenues it contains.
~Nick V.~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Factory Sealed - Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL