We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Was the Envelope a Set Up? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17546 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I find it almost impossible to believe that Criss Angel would turn on Uri Geller as I saw last night. After hearing that Geller WANTED to reveal what was in the envelope but Criss wanted to get it on camera, my conspiracy theory was confirmed.
Bear with me....
If Criss confronts Callahan and Geller with this last minute challenge...what are the possibilities?
Jim and Uri guess right and Criss switches the envelope Smile
Jim and Uri guess wrong and Criss goes beserk with glee (Eliminating both Jim and Uri, but upsetting NBC)
Jim gets it wrong but URI GET'S IT RIGHT....
Now think about THAT!
Perhaps THIS was what was to be staged.
Jim being discredited...Uri being the TRUE PSYCHIC and Angel getting all of the CREDIT as NBC has a new hit show.
Doesn't THAT seem more feasable?
Your comments Please.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Vincent.Lynch
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Vincent.Lynch
Jim being discredited...Uri being the TRUE PSYCHIC and Angel getting all of the CREDIT as NBC has a new hit show.

I personally think this was nbc's plan all along, I knew this program would destroy mentalism (temporary... mentalism always sneeks back in) and I think I've bin proven correct.
brainchild
View Profile
Loyal user
Ideological Bigot
259 Posts

Profile of brainchild
Quote:
On 2007-11-01 05:39, Slim King wrote:

Perhaps THIS was what was to be staged.
Doesn't THAT seem more feasable?
Your comments Please.

An interesting theory, but that didn't happen.

Jim didn't try to guess nor did Uri while the cameras were rolling.

During the commercial break, Uri was fuming mad.

Then, after the producers sent out someone to remind us all (just the in house audience) how big of a star Uri is (i.e. pat Uri's ego because he was clearly ****ed at NBC, Criss, and the producers for trying to challenge him on the show HE created), Uri casually offered to take a guess as to what was in the envelope.

Criss smiles and says, 'sure, but let's do it on camera'. Uri looks away, again frustrated. Next, a stage hand comes out, and says something that only Criss and Uri could hear. What did he say to them? Probably the obvious, we don't have time. In reality, they - the producers - took control of an out of control situation. Instead of letting Criss, Uri, and everyone in the room get caught up in the energy of the moment, the producers wisely stopped it from happening.

Why? Uri would've lost his credibility as the true phenomenon, as a judge, and as the creator of the show. No producer in their right mind would let that happen.

Your theory Slim, is an interesting one, but I think yours occurred only in a parallel universe.
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
This show will attract those who enjoy the same stupid fakery as we see in the wrestling world. All three set the profession back many years.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Did this really happen? I would love to check this out since I havent got the channel. any ideas?
"He must be content to rank with the common herd." - S.W. Erdnase
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Yes...I, unfortunately, ran across it by accident. Now, if only I could wash my eyes out with soap and disinfectant. It proves one thing - on the whole, magicians remain very poor actors. This entertainment formula is old and there are those out there who do it very well. A good three ball routine by Johnny Thompson is still more believable, more entertaining, and is uplifting rather than taking this show,like most other shows on TV, to a level of the crude and rude. You're jumping on the band wagon a little late if you are going to do a Jerry Springer thing." I've totally lost respect for all three "performers."
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
CA is pathetic staged or otherwise.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I bet the envelope was a set up because Criss does not like how he talked about in the Café. I bet if everyone mentioned good things about him in the Café it would not of lead to the envelope challenge.
liljay510
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, TX
101 Posts

Profile of liljay510
I think Cris Angel has some sort of basis, for someone to claim paranormal powers he could have summoned another spirit to tell him what was in the envelope. The heat would have been on Criss and would not have been able to change the envelope. I think it was a fair challenge. I agree that it was not necessary, as he is a judge and could have let his dismay show in his voting. That whole thing was just to get ratings boost. I like how the host cut Cris off when introducing Mike Super. That was hilarious.
No matter How much you know you can never stop learning.
Gallaleo
View Profile
New user
Tucson, AZ
42 Posts

Profile of Gallaleo
To me it looked like it was staged. Even if it wasnt staged it still looked that way. Somehting to toss in there to get more ratings.

-G-
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
I didn't understand why a he would publically challenge a fellow magician.

Criss Angel cannot walk on water or up the side of buildings. Criss Angel cannot levitate, read minds, animate cards, etc. EVERYONE KNOWS THIS. He and the rest of us can only FAKE IT.

Is the hair-streaked freak now open to anyone in his audience challenging him to walk up any wall at a moments notice?
Is the freak now open to having anyone ask him to walk on any body of water at a moments notice?
Has he now made it fashionable and acceptable for anyone to challenge any magician at anytime?

Criss Angel displayed a pathetic side of himself that reminded me of a drunk college kid watching a magician... "f@#k that, do this".
...so then why?

Ratings.
Criss Angel is a SLAVE to the industry. If he doesn't do what they say then he doesn't get to wear silver plated handcuff-bling around his neck. What they say GOES. The show has horrible ratings.

Bottomline:
1. The show stinks in the ratings.
2. The mindfreak is a tool.
3. Someone TOLD him to do something to boost the ratings.

BTW...the envelope was empty. While they actually took the time to consider what to write down, like idiots, they then realized that it would never be opened.

M&S
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
Quote:
On 2007-11-01 06:20, Nicholas wrote:
This show will attract those who enjoy the same stupid fakery as we see in the wrestling world.

It not real??
You have no idea how much you have just taken away from me!
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
wardia
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of wardia
I agree with Magicandsoul that Cris made it OK for anyone in the audience to challenge a magician during a performance.
I for one would be at a loss!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17546 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Once I did an effect for a youngster...After the Amazement he said "Now turn the couch pink!"
Same immaturity level Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I for one am P***ED OFF at JC for one reason. He has made me side with Criss Angel!!! I agree with Criss that JCs performance was comical and the enitre idea of his "effect" was 100% false. I wonder what James Randi would say!

I bet ratings will go up (slightly) after this special!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Here's a thought! JC should go on The Tonight Show and then feel "weak" when he can't do whatever challenge Leno requests of him...O wait...that's already been done by Uri! Whatever....
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
Criss did warn us all of this weeks ago. on many interviews during the build up to the premiere he said if anyone tried to claim what they do is the "real deal" he would expose them in front of everyone. I think it is wrong but I would have assumed Jim would have heard these threats before the show and would have toned it down a bit or went through with it on purpose for the sake of seeing what criss had to say. He also said the challenge went for uri as well.
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1779 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
London is correct, Angel clearly stated upfront that he would debunk anyone who cited legitamacy or true powers, although JC said he would leave it up to the individual to decide he set the stage for a challange. The only thing that would have been a true surprise is if Callahan named what was in the envelope & would have been correct, along with Angel admitting it(but that ain't going to happen) some people really have to quit believing their own hype.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5799 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
I thought Jim had taken steps to make it clear enough that this was entertainment. I could be e biased though. It was excellent use of split focus. The channeling felt to me like it was staged for live performance but the intimacy of television overplayed the action.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

>> let us remember that truly Greats Artist like Coperfield ,Henning & Blackstone jr would never reveal magic & even possibly 'tip' methods to the public. <<

DC, Henning, and Blackstone Jr. (or Sr.) would never participate in such nonsense! UG and CA are both HACKS! This show is nothing more than an attept by both artists (if you can call them that and I DON'T) to:

1. Promote Mindfreak for CA
2. Try and re-spark a flame for UG that burned out many years ago...if it was ever lit to begin with.

I think this weeks show was better but only becuase of the first and last act...and of course, the chick! Those 3 will be the ones going thru. I wish them well and hope they will go far (outside of the show).
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Was the Envelope a Set Up? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL