The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Finger/stage manipulation Roy Benson Billiard Ball Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

3mjo
View Profile
New user
Germany
20 Posts

Profile of 3mjo
Hi,

I'm searching for a performance video of the "Roy Benson Billiard Ball Routine" for a long time. Does anyone of you know where I could get it? As far as I know Roy Benson performed his routine two times in an American TV Show. So it should be possible that a collector has this kind of material. I hope you can help me.

Greetings,

3mjo
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
Hi,

I only know you can find his book. But for performance I have no idea.

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
3mjo
View Profile
New user
Germany
20 Posts

Profile of 3mjo
Hi,

I own the book "Roy Benson by Starlight" written by Levent and Todd Karr. Actually I'm practicing Benson's Billiard Ball Routine. It would by nice to see an original footage of Roy Benson performing the routine. Perhaps anybody else can help me...

magical greetings,

3mjo
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I would like to see the Roy Benson and the Alan Wakeling routine.

Any help?
Tarbell Magic
View Profile
Regular user
UK
130 Posts

Profile of Tarbell Magic
I'm learning the routine as well and I think it's fantastic. I did read that the Deluxe edition of the Benson book came with a DVD of Benson's Billiard Ball performance; not so for the rest of us who only forked out for the cheap 100 edition! A bit unfair, really.

Every so often I check youtube for "Roy Benson" but so far as yet, no billiard ball routine. Would anybody care to upload it?!?
jasanchez
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of jasanchez
Yes I would like to see Roy benson's Billar ball routine? if someone has it please uploaded in you tube.
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Vxj,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
I have this routine preformed by Greg Wilson (Mark Wilsons son) from an old TV show. I think it is the wakeling routine rather than the Benson routine
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
Juniper587
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Juniper587
Hey cool, Would you be able to post that vid up for us all to see?

Thanks, Sam
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Vxj,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
IF I can find it. I'm in a proces of moving in less then a month so manny things are alredy packed in boxes right now but I will try to find it. I know the show was produced by HBO I think it was called mumbo Jumbo it's magic or something like that. But as I sad if I find it before moving I'll try to put it out otherwise you'll have to wait and se untill I get orgenized in my new place. I ought to since I'm moving from a 4 room apartment to a 5 room apartment (2 magic rooms insteed of 1)
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
Tina I
View Profile
Regular user
Oslo/ Norway
194 Posts

Profile of Tina I
Quote:
On 2007-11-03 07:25, Vibono Magic wrote:
I have this routine preformed by Greg Wilson (Mark Wilsons son) from an old TV show. I think it is the wakeling routine rather than the Benson routine

Hey, I remember that one. Greg Wilson was just a kid. I even taped it. I don't have a VHS player anymore though so I can't help out either. But I'm pretty sure it was the Wakeling routine because Mark actually said so when he introduced Greg.

It was beautifully done to an instrumental version of "You don't bring me flowers" and was what inspired me to create a real bb routine. Before that I had only done fairly random vanishes and productions. I tried to use the Wakeling routine and the same music but it didn't really work for me so I ended up creating my own to a different piece of music. It was actually quite successful and over the years I have only made minor changes. But in the end I owe it to Greg Wilson Smile

Tina
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
If it is in youtube, please let me know.

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
Tarbell Magic
View Profile
Regular user
UK
130 Posts

Profile of Tarbell Magic
Off-topic, but for the Roy Benson by Starlight fans out there here's the Salt Pour and Chinese Sticks described in the book:

(I'm not the uploader by the way ... thank you to the person that did!!!)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xOfzp4Wt-pE
3mjo
View Profile
New user
Germany
20 Posts

Profile of 3mjo
Hi!
Is there nobody who can help me to find a footage of Roy Benson performing his Billiard Ball Routine? A footage of Alan Wakeling performing his routine would also be helpful.

magically yours,

3mjo
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13387 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
If you ever find it let me know. Mark and Ginger in Reno do a magic show and I thought I heard that his ball routine was basically Benson's routine. I've seen the routine and I remember liking it a lot. I was not familiar with Benson's routine at the time so I can't remember enough to compare.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7375 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Mark Kalin's is one he has done for years. I think it has parts of Wakeling's in it. Greg Wilson did the Wakeling routine verbatum.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of soleil
Benson taught his routine to Wakeling. I believe Wakeling's routine is more up to date and a little more sophisticated. I do it actually in my shows and the simplicity and the direct impact give always a nice audience response.
Best,
Soleil
"Art is the Artist. The Artist is God."- Goete
Nedim
View Profile
Elite user
istanbul/turkey
444 Posts

Profile of Nedim
I will get Roy Benson's book.

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5329 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
And Wakeling's version is in the book "The Magic of Alan Wakeling" by Jim Steinmeyer.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22443 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Available on line for only about $11.00 in paperback, perfect bound. It is a great book!!
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Quote:
On 2008-02-08 21:58, Harry Murphy wrote:
And Wakeling's version is in the book "The Magic of Alan Wakeling" by Jim Steinmeyer.

Great book with a lot of superb magic.

Thanks Harry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Finger/stage manipulation Roy Benson Billiard Ball Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL