The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » New iCue2 PA... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Just got word that these should be shipping the week of Christmas!

Steve
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7409 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Steve -

I'm looking forward to your feedback on the new system, once you've put it through it's paces a bit. (Sorry for the pun!)

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1814 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Quote:
On 2007-12-29 11:19, Donald Dunphy wrote:
Steve -

I'm looking forward to your feedback on the new system, once you've put it through it's paces a bit. (Sorry for the pun!)

- Donald

No, you're not! Smile
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7409 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Hehehe! Smile

- Donald
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Any reviews on this yet?

Ken
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Stevethomas is this out yet?? Has anyone gotten it yet?
Ken
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Oops...somehow missed this thread! Word from Kelly and VSM is, delivery in 2-3 more weeks. Cannot WAIT! Might sell my regular iCue2 if this is good enough.

Steve
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Couple friends (and at least one Café member I know of) have ordered the new iCue2 Soundbox PA...any others here jumped on the VSM bandwagon with us? Best thing available, everything you need in one small, lightweight, powerful box. Dying to get my hands on this and work it to death in the first week to see what it'll do.

Steve
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Word has it that I'm only about 3 weeks away from receiving my new iCue2 Soundbox PA...and just in time for the Spring shows, too!

Steve
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
This thing has been delayed quite a bit.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Well, with the modifications and changes he had to make to the earlier-planned models, I'm happy for the wait.

Steve
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Also, if you purchased anything in the past and would like to upgrade, he may well accept your item in trade and you'll save a lot of money. It'll also save you the trouble of trying to sell yours!

Steve
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I've got my iCue Tabletop PA "Deluxe System" up for sale in the Stage Illusions and Equipment For Sale section...

-Bryan
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Bryan,

Kelly (Duro...the head honcho and bottle washer of Virtual Soundman) WILL take that in as trade on a new system!

Steve
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7409 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I have a question. When it says you can add-on an iPod Nano 2G for $150 more (assuming you're buying the iCue2 PA), does the "G" stand for Gigabytes or Generation?

Will the iCue system work with the newer iPods?

I thought there was a compatibility issue with some of the Virtual Soundman products, and the current generation of iPods. Or am I remembering wrong?

- Donald

P.S. I don't own an iPod, so forgive me if it seems like I don't know what I'm talking about. Smile
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
If you buy one of the iCue2 units that are now on sale for $499, I believe he'll sell you an iPod (completely compatable) for less than $70. Email and ask. Also, the "2G" means the 2 gig(abyte) memory.

Steve
Terry Harris
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Terry Harris
Steve on March the 7th you said in 3 weeks. Hmmmm that would be around April fools Day. It is the end of May . do you have it yet?
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I got the following email from VSM.

"
... and have now appeared on the radar of other companies, who we are in talks with now.

Unfortunately, we cannot take any more orders until the talks have been completed. We are about 4 weeks away from getting recertified by Apple, and the talks will make the determination for which direction to grow. Until then we will be experiencing growing pains, so please be patient."

I would guess that anyone who has ordered one still has a while to wait.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Don't know how much Kelly would want me to say, but those of you who aren't in line may be in for a huge surprise in the next few weeks, depending upon how Kelly's "talks" go! This is a very big deal.

Steve
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
People,

So does anyone one else find this info weird....

1) The pre-order for the boombox was in late November with a 4-6 week delivery date. Almost 6 months later, just promises.

2) Virtual Soundman is already Apple Certified for the older IPOD models. This means that older model IPODs will work. Theirs millions of compatible Ipods available.

3) The Icue 2 had a huge price drop to $599 with a additional $100 off referal thingy.

4) Now people have to wait another 4 weeks for "recertification"? And after that?

5) All VSM has to do is pay 10% royalties to display a "Made For IPod" logo.
http://www.macobserver.com/article/2005/03/17.2.shtml

Personally, either VSM is creating an amazing product or they are trying to milk the cow for that last drop. I hope its the product.

Can someone eleborate and share with us what is happening besides the excuse of "recertification"?

G0THIKE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » New iCue2 PA... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL