The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » New iCue2 PA... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Recertification also entails communication between Apple and VSM about the new features of the new chips in the NEWEST iPods. Otherwise, the iCue2 wouldn't be able to maintain the Direct Sync (and VSM is the ONLY company with that particular feature). You know how often Apple updates its products, and VSM keeps up with that.

I think it's going to be a fantastic machine. I preordered mine on 11/4, and while I'd rather have it in my hands right now, I'm assured that this will be the finest product ever made to do what it does. Not only do magicians and entertainers use the iCue2, but professional speakers, as well. You'll also notice that VSM will (if they don't already) be adapting the products to interact with the video iPods for visual presentations.

As far as "what else is happening", I can't discuss that publicly, and will leave that to Kelly to announce in the next few weeks...I will say "IT'S BIG!".

Steve
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Steve,

The customer friendly approach VSM should have taken is to release the Icue2PA with the former IPOD model and NOT wait for the Video IPOD. All they would have to do is send out new chips if the user wants an update. We are controlling audio and not video.

It sounds like an excuse. The release was for 4-6 weeks and NOT 6 months. But hey, its their reputation.

Also the "Direct Sync" you are talking is a feature that is also available from other manufacturers besides VSM.

So besides not answering my questions, when is this product finally going to ship?

G0THIKE
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Well, mine should ship this week, hopefully. Some people paid their 1/2 initial payment and didn't pay the remainder when they were asked to, so that's also slowed things down a little.

Who offers Direct Sync with an Apple product for performance use? I don't think the new Soundbox will be the product handling the video iPod. It's for sound.

By the way, the "quickstart" sheet is now posted on the VSM site, so you can see how simple this thing will be to operate.

Steve
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Steve,

Direct Sync feature is also available in the MP3Tech, some ABT products, DLO, and other manufacturers.

G0THIKE
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
"Direct Sync" was invented by Kelly Duro of Virtual Soundman. Please show me another product with that label. I know he would love to involve some legal personnel with that deal.

Steve
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3725 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Raphael,

I'm guessing that, since you've (Gothick) never owned an iCue2 or mIcue from VSM, you don't truly know what "Direct Sync" does. It's a lot more than the products you mentioned. Just looked up all the Apple/iPod products at those sites. This does FAR more than just play the music.

Call Kelly and try to buy one of the less than $500 bonus priced units. Be sure to tell him who you are.

Steve
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2008-06-03 22:37, Stevethomas wrote:
Well, mine should ship this week, hopefully.

I have to wonder why you expect yours to ship this week when he told me that he hopes to have recertification in about 4 weeks and that he won't be taking any orders until his 'talks' are complete? Now, I've got nothing against VSM, it's just that it sounds like he took peoples orders and money with a promise of shipping something within a month or so and now that it's 6 months later it doesn't sound as though they are making any commitment to when they will be shipping.

If he is in 'talks' with someone, (sounds like a big hint that someone major is buying the company or something like that), who knows when those will complete? I've worked with enough companies to have seen lots of times where someone thinks the talks will complete within a week or two and they end up dragging on for months and months. I'm just sayin.

Also, since it sounds like you are pretty close to him, please let him know that the popup for "Why an Ipod?" on his website opens a window that cuts off most of the text and it can't be resized or adjusted to actually read any of the bullet points.

Mike
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Steve,

I own a MIcue, I have only used it 3 times in a live show. I just don't trust the unit. Plus my MP3Tech laptop controller is far more flexible and out runs the Icue.

The phrase "Direct Sync" is the name for a Mac product from this company:

http://homepage.mac.com/jameshoward/directsync/index.html

It predates the ICue2. I should send them an email and get their lawyer on it. But I could care less.

The term "Direct Sync" is a feature. Wireless Wizardry has a different name for it.

The "Direct Sync" FEATURE of this HomeDock Music Remote by DLO
http://www.dlo.com/Products/mr_Prod.tpl?......82573174

That products FEATURE allows the IPOD data to be sent to a remote control.

This one is a Boombox:
http://www.dlo.com/products/iboom_JB_Pro......82573174

Now my favorite the HomeDock Deluxe
http://www.dlo.com/products/homedoc_dx_P......82573174

It send the IPOD info to an external monitor, lcd display, your TV. Just stick a blank song between tracks. Its IR though.

In the different topic, ROCKWALL (Mike) mentioned many Red Flags that I didn't want to mention. He is right.

I have a degree in Business Administration and Finance. I have also been involved with several companies and can spot problems with the sight of red flags. Ockham's razor.

If everyone gets sent their SoundBox's this week, just as yours its a different story.

But then again all VSM has to do is pay 10% royalties to display a "Made For IPod" logo. All the other 3rd party IPOD accessory companies do just that:

http://www.macobserver.com/article/2005/03/17.2.shtml

Why wait for "recertification"?

2nd But, if VSM is merging with another company, it will mean big things to us.

G0THIKE
cns
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of cns
Just wondering if Steve received his icue2 pa yet. It's now a week later. Anyone else receive one?
cns
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of cns
Well surprise, another day, another "no answer".
So has anyone received this gem, I was going to order it and put my 1/2 down and decieded, what's the rush.
Maybe this was a good thing, at the rate things are going, I really am beginning to feel sorry for all those that have laid out the cash!!
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1046 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
If it were me and I had paid a down payment on a product, this long has passed, and I still have not received it, then I'd be calling my credit card company and getting a refund.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » New iCue2 PA... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL