The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2002 entrée: TC Tahoe » » Tips and Bits... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I remember your monthly column in Genii called Tips & Bits by TC Tahoe and friends which I believed premiered in November of '95. I always enjoyed all the interesting bits of time saving tips. Great stuff.

Can you tell us how that came about, and if you have any future plans to perhaps start a new column in the future?
Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
733 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
Thanks, I loved doing Tips& Bits. How did it come about?

Well, I was working the Magic Castle; in-between shows I ran into Max Maven and Erica Larsen. They were sitting at one of the tables near the Palace bar.
I wandered over, to say hello, one thing lead to another….
I remember, I had just read a Hints from Heloise article (did you know that if you do not have a stopper for your bathtub drain you can use a rubber ball?)

I mentioned this to Erica, and suggested she put a “Hints” type column in Genii.
She loved the idea, and then Max said, “Why don’t you write it, TC?” I said “Sure.” As I so often do, without thinking.

I really enjoyed doing that column.

As far as future plans go…Never thought about it. It wasn’t my idea to stop doing Tips & Bits, I was just kinda unceremoniously dropped. Not a word from anyone, my columns just sorta stopped.

I think I kept sending in articles for about a year and a half before my wife said, “You do know they are not running T&B anymore, right?” Yeah, I'm one of those folks that grew up on the edge of the great river in Egypt.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2002 entrée: TC Tahoe » » Tips and Bits... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL