The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Hey guys honest crit would be nice... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Griff
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
284 Posts

Profile of Griff
The Riffle Stack is my favorite technique to practice. I once thought it impossible til I saw Darwin Ortiz do it years ago. This is a vid that was meant for the laymen, but the stack is there. I thought you all would give me the best advice as to how to improve it. Thanks in advance.
Griff
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
461 Posts

Profile of Clock
At this point it's invisible...

Maybe because there is no video it seems that way...but I'm not sure.
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
Griff
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
284 Posts

Profile of Griff
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, NV
826 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
For magic I think it's very good.
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
461 Posts

Profile of Clock
I agree with Mr. Z.; great for magic.

It's funny...

After all that practice riffle stacking and blind shuffling, a layman commented that he thinks the "move" at 1:03 was the best. It makes you think...
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
Griff
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
284 Posts

Profile of Griff
Thank you for the comments guys. Yeah Clock, that cracked me up too...
Griff
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
Its very good but I think the ace production should be snappier, considering that the shuffles themselves need some time.

Gil Scott
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I actually enjoyed the video...it reminded me of how I stacked when I was in my 20s.

My 4 card/4 shuffle stack still looks similar...but, today I tray to make the shuffles look less controlled and more casual.

Steve Forte's shuffles look VERY natural and almost haphazard ... that is what I believe people should strive for.

Keep up the good work !
Long Island,

New York
Griff
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
284 Posts

Profile of Griff
Thanks guys for the comments. Gadfly, you are right about the productions. I actually kind of add lib the productions normally. Expertmagician, thank you for the compliment. I agree that I look a little stiff during the stack. I will work more on that...actually, I kind of pushed myself to stack for 6 hands. I normally stack for 5 in my demos. Thanks again guys.
Griff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Hey guys honest crit would be nice... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL